a very quick message to the reel fans on here

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i should not have to deal with this as we are running the show

but i have to as there are so many 1st time poster going off and just trying to create issues for us and put people of attending this event , which in the end will not affect us and the attendance was up about 30% yestoday , but they do not give up anyway some points

anyone that knows us knows we care we lean and we improve all the time , we are at the event to talk to everyone , and evolve on the day as well so anyone going of abount how we do not listen or care it just talking rubbish , and if i read this in a post i am going to dleat it as i do not have to put up this people telling the fans we do not care as this is an utter lie and i do not have to put up with it , its not constructive and is not true .

next

i want all the people that have been to our events before just take a look as when some one new joins the forum over a show weekend and post negative stuff like there were only 15 tables at the show today which is total crap as there was over 200 tables , do not try to anser some one like this this is not a fan its someone trying to damage the event thay are not trying to help , or improve the show they only want to damage the event or us so we do not have the trust of the fans , is all very sad but its true these people have nothing better to do than try this every time .

they know we are at the show running the event , and just join up and have a dig some have never even been to the event , like the guy last year that said he boult a ticket for £10 to get into the show and wanted his money back as he thought the show was crap , it was not till some one said entry was free did he realise what a mistacke he had ritten , so please to not bight or try to help them most are not here to help just damage

just think about this

most have an esquse as to why this is there first post "its my first post i have been on here sins xxx and have never posted befor BUT i felt i had to this time because blar blar blar , and then go of to tight 9 ro 10 posts slating us , they never right anything in any other topics they just bang on and try to do there thing before they get banded

think about why join and have noting good to say at all ? thats not a fan thats someone with an agender

we are happy for fans to come on here and give us feed back

but the same people should also react well when there feed back it responded to and also if what there complant is deal with and actions are taken to fix the issues they have , if then the same people are still complaing then we will start to look at them in another light as if we fix there issue then there is no reasion to keep on about something , this what we think about.

we will try to clear up threads were there are inacuracies ,people taking a pot shot at us saying we do not care , as this is just stupid why are we here if we do not care, and if there are lies , and most of the time we just remove the posts but if a topic is just to heavy with rubbish i am sorry we will just remove this as it just takes to much time editting all the posts were people reply in there posts

one last thing its funny how this allwas kicks off when we are out the office at a show working , as this is the time they think we will not have time to come on here and stop the damage there are doing

i would like to thank the 10,s of thousands for fans that attended this event i know that everyone myself and the dealers needed you all to attend this event to show that you still want us to run this event in MK and thats just what you did so thank you and we here you , and as we have said this is only a tempory home for us all when the new massive hall is open for the next event we can get it running better and in a wormer place , this year we had no choice but it did work well just a bit cold at times but it did work next year this will all be fixed and with new restants like KFC mc Ds and 2 other restanst being bilt next dore and the new hotel being opened in nov of this year the future is very good

anyway thanks for your sapourt on all the events and especly this one it was important to keeping the show at MK and that just what you all did , and the next years even will be bigger and better

so from all of us thank you

and maybe we will see you there today i am off to the show now take care

jason :D

Well said!

I shall not reply to those fools on here anymore.

Can't wait for LFCC and Collectormania LONDON! :wub::dance::(

On a side note what is this collectormania london i've heard a few people mention i cant c this on th forum

Well said!

Can't wait for LFCC and Collectormania LONDON! :D:poki::YAHOO:

On a side note what is this collectormania london i've heard a few people mention i cant c this on th forum

Well said!

Can't wait for LFCC and Collectormania LONDON! :wub::dance::(

Well said!

Can't wait for LFCC and Collectormania LONDON! :D:poki::YAHOO:

Look at post 9 in this thread:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=50157

:D

This was my first time at Collectomania in Milton Keynes..

and it was bloody amazing.... Parking was great (Loadsa spaces).

it was FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get in...(so no one can complain!!!! errr!! hello Free entry!!!!! duh!! ) and I got to see everybody I wanted to see!!!.. (got there about an hour before it opened!)

Fantastic!!!

Very well said Jason, I don't understand how anyone can say that you don't care when the whole point of someone attending a convention is to have fun and meet guests they want to see. I have only attended one convention and that was the last Collectormania Manchester but I thoroughly enjoyed it and thank you for the time I managed to have there. I was able to meet two fantastic guests and I thank you for that. Personally, I'm looking forward to see if there's another event in Manchester as that's the only one I can attend due to travel issues at my age but it's good to hear that the event is doing well in Milton Keynes. I hope everyone has a great day there today like people have had over the past two days :D

Edited by Doctor Who

That was my 9th Collectormania (First being C4) and even though it was bloody freezing i thought it was excellent so thank you jason for putting on another kick ass event.

Cant wait for LFCC we're we have gold passes :D

Kyle, Callum, Kay & Tom

i have never been to a bad event yet,i always look forward to your shows they are always well run and there is always a good atmosphere,i have always supported your events and will contiune to do so,i always ignore peoples negative comments on these posts because i believe its all down to u the person on the day,after all without these evemts we would have nothing and is that what these people want?we should all be thankin u not slating u,i for one am very grateful to you and your team for putting on great shows and bringing us the guests we want to meet..thanks again guys

I have been to a lot of these type of events (despite the username)

and must say I prefered the new location to the shopping centre

which personally I really disliked although went anyway

I felt there was a lot more people at the event than usual

The meeting the stars seemed a bit more personal due to not being so much out in public at the old location and photo shoots were also more private

my complaints would be:

the main dealer room was a bit crowded at times

could not more more have been out in the corridor area ?

It was a bit cold but thats not showmasters fault, doubt Sunday is going to be any better its raining where I live

lack of photos with stars when getting autographs

ie Avery Brooks who was very easy to see yet no photos with him allowed

I know there are pro's and cons to this getting all the auto's through but the main reason photos are not allowed is so you buy one

so cost to see each star to most people is really Photo + Auto

whether this produces more income or stops people seeing so many stars is something for Showmasters Accountants to work out

I think it cuts down on getting so many autos, it does in my book

I only got 3 Autos & Alice Kriege wasnt there (Hopefully she can come again ?) , I've been to previous events and had upto 15

as I think twice due to the autos + photos total cost

Finger crossed for weather for the November one could be really really cold

are there any other venues in the MK area that could be used ?

that have the good parts of the Dons plus indoors ?

I know there are pro's and cons to this getting all the auto's through but the main reason photos are not allowed is so you buy one

whether this produces more income or stops people seeing so many stars is something for Showmasters Accountants to work out

Finger crossed for weather for the November one could be really really cold

The no photo rule at the desk is either for time constraints (busy guests allowing posed photos means about a third reduction in the number of signings, I'd think) or the guest has requested it themself, it's nothing to do with who is and isn't doing a photo shoot (if that's what you meant)

And you know the November one is in London, not MK, right? C16 is next spring

I think in the case of Avery Brooks the choice not to do posed photos at the desk was very much his choice. When I was queuing to see him, whenever anyone got a camera out he told them to snap away while he was signing but he definately wasn't posing for anything.

From seeing him and hearing him talk in the past he strikes me as a very strong character and if he wanted to pose for pictures and any event organiser told him not to he would do it anyway!

The other thing you have to remember, if I've understood your point properly, is the price you pay is for the autograph only, anything like a chat, photo etc is an added bonus. I'm pretty sure SM do state that somewhere on the website, I think it's always better to go and expect less then if you can get a photo or whatever then it is an added bonus rather than feeling disappointed that you didn't get what you were after.

I went both Friday and Saturday, and while on Friday I wasn't feeling comfy with the change of location and was missing the MK shopping center, but Saturday I was starting to feel better about the stadium. It'll take some getting use to as I've been going to the MK Collectormania's since CM3 and to me, the MK shopping center is the home of Collectormania, but the stadium has a lot of potential.

My only real beef, and this has nothing to do with Showmasters at all, was the weather and that the stadium's construction was not finished (from what I overheard anyway) thus making it rather cold.

Guests were great and the crew were helpful too, especially the guy who helped me with a problem I had when I got Leonard Nimoy to autograph my Star Trek III: The Search For Spock DVD cover. The sharpie pen that was used on the cover didn't work and the signature came out very, very faint and would rub off easily and I had to move on because I would have held up the line. I went back later and asked one of the red shirt crew members (as I was instructed by a blue shirted crew member) if it was possible for Mr. Nimoy to go over the signature in another pen, which he was able to organise for me. I didn't catch that crew member's name, but I am extremely thankful for his help.

I give props to Showmasters for pulling off another great Collectormania event and I look forward to LFCC2009 as well as CM:London.

I think as has been mentioned before that New posters should NOT be allowed at times when an event is in progress.

It is obvious that people go on just to stir it up and hope to devalue an event.

MK was always going to be a learning weekend with work still going on at areas near to the event , but I know the real fans and regulars will understand the predicament and enjoy the day anyway

Hope today goes well :WINCE:

It is obvious that people go on just to stir it up and hope to devalue an event.

Sigh... I hate to bang on like this, and hope to contribute to a bit more than this to the forum in the months to come, but I do feel slightly like I'm being insulted, as one of the posters in question who signed up just before the event and had issues with it... Showmasters has created a forum here, in which they post and respond to people's queries. It is open to the public as a forum for people to give their feedback on events they've attended. When people have a negative experience at an event, of course they're going to want to complain about it. Rather than posting on other forums telling people to stay away from the event, however, we've actively chosen to go somewhere where (in theory) we can get a reasoned reply, and apologies/assurances where necessary, with rational explanations where not. For example, I posted yesterday about my disappointment that the talks had been cancelled, and it was pointed out that these were always subject to weather. While I think that it was perhaps a bit short-sighted for this to be the case, I fully recognised that I'd failed to read that part of the small print, and am satisfied that this was a one-off problem.

I'm not saying that none of the negative posters have come on here to devalue the event - there's always that possibility - but can only hope that most of them have simply been people, like myself, who had a bad day and wanted to get some kind of acknowledgement of this from the people running the event.

As I say, I'm sorry to have to keep playing this tune, but I want to make it clear to both Showmasters and everyone else on the forum that not everybody who's signed up recently and posted negative feedback is doing so for malicious reasons.

Thanks for listening,

Pete

Edited by pdt1984

i totally agree Jason, i was there on saturday so on friday night i decided to read people's reviews. they worried me and shouldn't have because this year's collectormania was the best i have ever been to!! thank you so much for getting nathan fillion there!

already looking forward to next time :-)

You are so right Jason!! If it was at the stadium every single time, AND it was snowing or some thing crazy like that, I would still go.

The shows are great, and despite what alot of people are saying, I prefer the new venue to the shopping centre!

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the buses from where I live to Milton Keynes were limited on sunday, meaning I couldn't get a photo with Burn, but thats not even to do with showmasters!

well done showmasters, you did a great job :thumbup:

Agreed I had a great day, granted it was a different atmoshpere and some people really don't like change but I enjoyed it! The normal stalls seemed to be in attendance still plus the guests being a little more spread out meant less confusion when it came to the queuing. The only guest I met was Ben Browder who well justified the 3 hour journey there. Fantastic....

Enough about people moaning about the cold already its getting real old! If it had been the weekend before last it would have been hot but thats life! LOL

Excellent as always Jason, It was great to see David B and the other crew members who put so much effort into helping at these events, i have been to all the Collectormania events from the first one and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work.