How about a list of "Confirmed no goers"?

Guest ReallyWantToGo

Like most people i'm awaiting more guests before booking tix after Lockdown i just can't book my ticket on one guest, really hope sms annouces more guests soon as i think this event could really work but it needs to be soon as soon prices for flights/train/bus will go up and peeps won't be able to book time off work.

A statement from sms' would be really appreciated, just an update, i don't expect and so and so is being approached, just an update to know where we are at and if this event is happening/changing/staying the same.

Thanks SM's, I've got my fingers crossed that in 2 months time i'll be at a fab event with Lost guests and lots of mates drinking a Sawyer!

Like most people i'm awaiting more guests before booking tix after Lockdown i just can't book my ticket on one guest, really hope sms annouces more guests soon as i think this event could really work but it needs to be soon as soon prices for flights/train/bus will go up and peeps won't be able to book time off work.

A statement from sms' would be really appreciated, just an update, i don't expect and so and so is being approached, just an update to know where we are at and if this event is happening/changing/staying the same.

Thanks SM's, I've got my fingers crossed that in 2 months time i'll be at a fab event with Lost guests and lots of mates drinking a Sawyer!

I respectfully second what Wyn has said. I full understand that SM has a lot going on and all....but it is getting quite late in the day, and the most worrying thing for us all (IMO) is not the lack of guests per se but the silence from SMs. It's difficult not to get concerned for the convention when we don't hear anything for weeks on end :)

I also hope that this thread doesn't get automatically locked - I understand that threads can't be allowed to turn whiney or aggressive, but (again IMO) locking threads in which people are politely expressing legitimate concerns is quite frustrating and makes people feel that they aren't even allowed to ask what's happening.

I respectfully second what Wyn has said. I full understand that SM has a lot going on and all....but it is getting quite late in the day, and the most worrying thing for us all (IMO) is not the lack of guests per se but the silence from SMs. It's difficult not to get concerned for the convention when we don't hear anything for weeks on end :)

I also hope that this thread doesn't get automatically locked - I understand that threads can't be allowed to turn whiney or aggressive, but (again IMO) locking threads in which people are politely expressing legitimate concerns is quite frustrating and makes people feel that they aren't even allowed to ask what's happening.

That's one thing I don't really understand, not just the guests but the radio silence. It would put a lot of peoples (or mine at least LOL) worries to rest if we had some type of worthwhile update from SM/ME.

Edited by Lambourne

Luckily for me I live in Northampton so don't need to worry about travel and accommodation so plan to make the best out of the weekend whatever happens but I can understand some of the concerns of other ticket holders.

As for the list of confirmed no-goers that won't happen, but hopefully we'll get a confirmed goer soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an idea. If for whatever reason they are having issues with this convention, why not delay Abrams Inc until next year or a later date and turn this con into a Ben/Michael Emerson convention!!!

We could have guests such as Michael himself of course, his Wife, Little Ben and Ben's Dad.

This post is a joke, but I actually like the sound of it!

Now theyve cancled it its not a bad idea. Why dont they do a smaller convention now like you said with ben,little ben?

I've got an idea. If for whatever reason they are having issues with this convention, why not delay Abrams Inc until next year or a later date and turn this con into a Ben/Michael Emerson convention!!!

We could have guests such as Michael himself of course, his Wife, Little Ben and Ben's Dad.

This post is a joke, but I actually like the sound of it!

Or why dont they merge them together with something like LFCC or Collectomania London this year or next year, there is a plus side to Showmasters make more profit and wont have to higher so many halls, also we a fans would have more money to spend on the guests.