Who was your favourite guest?

Princess83

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Tough choice really. I thought all the guests I met were really nice actually.

I will say my day sitting with Avery Brooks on Saturday was fantastic. I did have an interest in meeting him, but it was a very enjoyable and interesting experience that surpassed any expectations. Avery is an extremely intelligent and humorous guy, and the way he treated every single person that came up to meet him was with respect and kindness.

He always asked someone's name, and shook their hands, and introduced himself to their friends/family too. I just thought it was a really nice thing to do, and so many people went away pleased, whether adults or children, male or female.

I know how much he appreciated the support :smile:

I was a little upset that due to the sheer numbers of fans waiting to meet Leonard Nimoy that the people with him didn't give anyone a chance to talk to him properly for the probably once in a lifetime chance, and that, that privildge shouldn't be reserved for those who can afford to buy a photo with him!

I would say that's a little unfair... I got a photoshoot with him (can't afford it but meh :P ) And you can't have a convo with them in the shoots... you talk to them even less than at the table. Yes I got to put my arm around him and say hello with a smile (He is surprisingly cuddly!) But that was about it. It was always going to be rushed, I'm just happy that he was smiley and pleasant with everyone!

Where have you been hiding? I was keeping an eye open for you. :D

I was looking for you QS and couldn't find you! Known you here for years and want to finally meet you (and Nicky who I still didn't see :P)

Tough choice really. I thought all the guests I met were really nice actually.

I will say my day sitting with Avery Brooks on Saturday was fantastic. I did have an interest in meeting him, but it was a very enjoyable and interesting experience that surpassed any expectations. Avery is an extremely intelligent and humorous guy, and the way he treated every single person that came up to meet him was with respect and kindness.

He always asked someone's name, and shook their hands, and introduced himself to their friends/family too. I just thought it was a really nice thing to do, and so many people went away pleased, whether adults or children, male or female.

I know how much he appreciated the support :D

Avery is a total character! Some people I spoke to interpreted him as being rude, but he is just eccentric and some people obv couldn't tell. I've met him a few times so I'm used to him now!

He was my highlight deff :P I introduced myself, and he pointed to James behind me and asked who he was and I said "my fiancée as of yesterday" and he boomed out "congratulations!" and seemed very happy about it lol (much to James' embarrassment hehe), and again in the photoshoot, he made everyone clap :smile: Lovely guy and also liked the pic that I made :P

We met Burn Gorman,such a nice guy,my boys went dressed up as Captain Jack and The Doctor and he told them that they looked great he chatted to them and answered a couple of questions in length that they asked him he personalised their pics and they will talk about it all year like they did after meeting John Barrowman last year-such a shame about Naoki Mori they really wanted to meet her as well.

My husband also met Bobby George who was very friendly and posed for pictures

We had a great time.Thanks to all.

And thanks to TOO TALL for SORTING out my sons cosplay voucher it was well

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2056...mp;id=755706537

Rachel Luttrell and Tony Amendola were great - very friendly and chatty when I got their autographs, and Rachel was really nice in the photoshoot too, chatting a bit before posing.

Kerri Green was lovely too - holding up the photo she'd just autographed so I could take a picture of her with it.

But my highlight was Ben Browder - he just seemed so cheerful and happy to be there. I saw him at the very end of the day on Saturday, and I thanked him for still doing personalisations even though he must have been knackered - he thought I said 'fertilizations' which started him wondering what he'd actually signed up for here in Milton Keynes!! It was very funny. Now I'm the proud owner of an autograph dedicated "For Susan, no fertilizations here! Love Ben Browder"

• Moderators

Avery is a total character! Some people I spoke to interpreted him as being rude, but he is just eccentric and some people obv couldn't tell. I've met him a few times so I'm used to him now!

He was my highlight deff :D I introduced myself, and he pointed to James behind me and asked who he was and I said "my fiancée as of yesterday" and he boomed out "congratulations!" and seemed very happy about it lol (much to James' embarrassment hehe), and again in the photoshoot, he made everyone clap :smile: Lovely guy and also liked the pic that I made :D

Oh yeah he's definitely not rude, he's just eccentric! :P I think it just makes for a more memorable meet I'd say.

We had at least 3 people who cried when meeting him because they were just overcome with emotion. They were huge fans, and there was one lady who watched DS9 with her daughter who now lives in Australia, and she was really upset and missing her. Avery was wonderful with those people, genuinely caring and listening, and I know it meant a lot to them.

Same with kids, he shook their hands and had a little talk with them, and their faces always lit up.

Even John who was next to us .. some people find him a little rude but honestly I thought he was a very nice and funny guy too. They can't always 'perform' on cue so to speak, it won't be the same every meet, but I suppose I get to see a more human side during a whole day.

James Tolkan. Chatted about Masters of the Universe and he let slip an event during filming which I wont post on here & I can't believe he told me.

You'll have to fill me in next time I see you. I havent actually spotted you since LFCC 08. I was here on Sat only.

Only did the Friday mate, remind me about it next time I see you (probably LFACC).

Nimoy was too brief to mention really, but it was my third time meeting him and when wrapping it all together he's a pretty sound chap so I still had respect for him.

Otherwise we were only there for Avery Brooks (as with him and the upcoming Scott Bakula I'll complete my Star Trek captains) and Marc McClure (as I grew up on the Reeve Superman films). Both of them were thoroughly nice guys.

In fact, of all the Trek captains Brooks was by far the most pleasant and spared the time to have a proper conversation with me (about his time in the White House no less). He also dragged my rather shy (and non-Trekkie) fiance forward to involve her in the chat. Although I managed a conversation with Patrick Stewart on my third meeting with him I bungled it a bit by pretending to know more about the playwright Henrik Ibsen than I actually knew!! :D Mulgrew was a bit stuck up, but I got to chat to her husband who was just about to run for the governership at the time. Shatner was much like Nimoy this time around, very quick and rushed. So a big thumbs up for Avery!

Marc McClure was also very nice. There was a rather strange and very quiet asian chap in front of us when we arrived, and I think McClure had gotten a bit bored of him (I mean this guy literally took 15 minutes to choose a photo) so he started talking to the misses and I pretty much straight away. I got to talk to him about filming Superman 4 in MK of all places and that I had heard the Chris Reeve didn't enjoy it - learning that through an old client of mine who was friends with Gae Exton. Very enjoyable and a nice chap.

The missus and I also had a bit of a giggle about Philip Glenister. Neither of us watch Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes so for us he's not a big deal....more so as well because he lives just around the corner from us and I walk past him on the street every week!

BEN BROWDER

errrrmmm....let me think....tough one....

BEN BROWDER

jeeeeeezz the guy is just brilliant...I so hope we get him back again soon for a stargate con...would so love to hear his stories!!

I have narrowed my final choice of best guest down to Avery Brooks. After a first meeting I went back to a lot of the guests (including Avery) for a second meet. Driving home yesterday I did regret not going back to Avery for a third time. I had thought my memory of meeting him at CM11 was a bit clouded but it wan't. It is a complete pleasure meeting him. You can never tell what he is going to say/do next A very funny, random (in a good way) person. Real shame the weather robbed us of a chance of hearing him in a talk session. I imagine it would be very entertaining and extremely interesting. Hope he comes back soon!

I will say my day sitting with Avery Brooks on Saturday was fantastic.

I know how much he appreciated the support :smile:

I was very envious of you sitting with him. I will have to hunt you down and discuss your time with Avery, In my time in the queue I noticed he always took time to involve everyones friends/family - a real thoughtful and considerate thing to do. When someone so obviously enjoys meeting their fans it does flows back to the fan and just elevates the meeting to a whole new level. Good to get confirmation he enjoyed it though. Hope he realised how much we enjoyed meeting him

He was my highlight deff :D I introduced myself, and he pointed to James behind me and asked who he was and I said "my fiancée as of yesterday" and he boomed out "congratulations!" and seemed very happy about it lol (much to James' embarrassment hehe), and again in the photoshoot, he made everyone clap :blush:

Blimey how could he be misinterpreted as being rude.

"Engaged" - Ah, maybe it was the Avery photoshoot I was thinking of being right behind you ( I was in so many....). He started the clapping after I had my photo with him. And shouted "engaged" again :D

RICHARD CHAVES was very nice to meet! and GEOFFREY HUGHES was good but AVERY BROOKS was hands down the best! and i was the first to see avery on sunday due to EVRYONE else beeing in the NIMOY/ GLENISTER ques.

good event SM thanks.

I was looking for you QS and couldn't find you! Known you here for years and want to finally meet you (and Nicky who I still didn't see :smile:)

I was actually an easy target this time. I was wearing white bunny ears all Friday and most of the weekend too after a person that was looking for me was informed by someone: "I have no clue where she is, but she is wearing bunny ears." :blush:

Burn Gorman was such a nice guy when i went for my photo shoot with him he saw my stereophonics t shirt and said good band and asked if i'd seen them live so i told him 4 times. Later when i went for his autography he said so you've seen them 4 times. And we had a little chat of how good they are live.

Rachel Luttrell was really nice as well. Loved the fact she gave everyone a hug for the photo shoot.

Also Nathan Fillion when he signed my film cell he looked at it and told me a bit they cut out of the serenity just after that shot.

BTTF guys for me. Jeffrey Weismann and Marc McClure in particular. I was Jeffreys guest assistant on Friday and had an absolute blast and we were always chatting throughout the weekend whether it be at the show or sharing a drink with him in the bar on Saturday night. :blink:

Richard Chaves was also cool and really enjoyed himself, he even said he'd definitely come back again.

Rachel Luttrell was my definite favorite of the weekend. I ended up getting an autograph from her each of the three days, just to get some more time with her :) (really not good for my echonomy, but what the hell) She was very friendly and chatty, and just a delight to meet.

"Engaged" - Ah, maybe it was the Avery photoshoot I was thinking of being right behind you ( I was in so many....). He started the clapping after I had my photo with him. And shouted "engaged" again :D

Lmfao, you were there for that? Yes, that was me! He kept saying it till I was out of sight :o James ran away instantly :P

I was actually an easy target this time. I was wearing white bunny ears all Friday and most of the weekend too after a person that was looking for me was informed by someone: "I have no clue where she is, but she is wearing bunny ears." ;)

I didn't see any bunny ears even!! Will try again at LFCC :D

I was actually an easy target this time. I was wearing white bunny ears all Friday and most of the weekend too after a person that was looking for me was informed by someone: "I have no clue where she is, but she is wearing bunny ears." :D

I spotted you in your bunny ears quite a few times over the weekend :D

Edited by Christoff

I was looking for you QS and couldn't find you! Known you here for years and want to finally meet you (and Nicky who I still didn't see :P)

I was actually an easy target this time. I was wearing white bunny ears all Friday and most of the weekend too after a person that was looking for me was informed by someone: "I have no clue where she is, but she is wearing bunny ears." ^_^

That was you? I remember you! You were going up and down the photo-collector queue for ages trying to match photos to people, no?

BEN BROWDER

errrrmmm....let me think....tough one....

BEN BROWDER

jeeeeeezz the guy is just brilliant...I so hope we get him back again soon for a stargate con...would so love to hear his stories!!

You stole my lines! :P

That was you? I remember you! You were going up and down the photo-collector queue for ages trying to match photos to people, no?

No, I didn't work at the photo area at this show. There was a very sweet girl though (if you read this please forgive me, I am blanking on your name right now) who was wearing a cap with white stuff hanging down from the cap it that could be mistaken for bunny ears.

I spotted you in your bunny ears quite a few times over the weekend :D

Next time please come and say hello. ^_^