Who was your favourite guest?

Princess83

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with all the guests I met, but the outstanding ones for me were Tom Felton, Adrian Rawlins and Eddie Edwards. All three were so friendly and more than happy to chat - top guests.

Burn Gorman was also extremey friendly considering how busy he was and was happy to talk about "Oliver!" and seemed to still be very enthusiastic about it.

Nathan Fillion

A true gentleman! Called me sweetness in the photoshoot and gave me a lovely hug. Then shook mine and my nieces hand and introduced himself when I went to get the Photoshoot pic signed. He commented that the photo had turned out nice. Asked my niece if he could check she had bones in her arm and then proceeded to wiggle her arm so it looked floppy, causing her to laugh hystericaly for 5 minutes. Then he told her she has SpaghettiArmitis and that there was nothing he could do about it!

Brilliant.

Richard Chaves

Introduced himself, shook my hand and spoke with such warmth and sincerity that I wanted to sit with him all day and talk about how cool Predator is.

Two truly wonderful guests!

Burn Gorman was also extremey friendly considering how busy he was and was happy to talk about "Oliver!" and seemed to still be very enthusiastic about it.

That's nice to know - I'm going to see Oliver tomorrow and he's the main reason I'm so excited about the cast. I'm hoping I'll be able to grab him at the stage door afterward.

BEN BROWDER

errrrmmm....let me think....tough one....

BEN BROWDER

jeeeeeezz the guy is just brilliant...I so hope we get him back again soon for a stargate con...would so love to hear his stories!!

TOM FELTON WAS AMAZING - SUCH A NICE GUY (despite what i have heard).

:D

Couldn't agree more about both of them!

I wish ide never spent my money on John Delancie as he couldnt even be bothered to lift his head and say Hi or Thanks.. The rudest guest me and the wife have ever met at one of these shows..

Unfortunately I have to agree with this, he didn't say one word, didn't smile and barely looked at me, he is one of the rudest people I have ever met, never mind guest!

Contrast this with the likes of Sir Geoff Hurst, Nathan Fillion, Philip Glenister and Leonard Nimoy who are all more famous but are still warm and pleasant.

I was Johns guest assistant on Friday. He was on top form. he chatted with most people. everyone who asked got a photo with him.

He was one was of the nicest guys i have met. He was more concerned about me being cold than him self. top bloke what a sense of humour. he nearly had me in tears a few times.

On a couple of occasions he wandered off to the food bit to ask for random things. deep fried mars bars, figs. Haggis. classic. Lol

Sorry to hear that not every one had a good experience with him.

we had a lady with a lady with an guide dog for the def. come up to meet John. she left then came back. she was there for a while chatting to him. he was very happy to do so. The dog was called Gus soooo cute.

There was a couple of people who kept asking him random star trek qs. who did not understand that he was not in the trek loop anymore so he would be one of the last to know any information. he got frustrated with them as they did not believe him and keep pushing him for info.

Also at one point in the afternoon he was dancing about like a loony trying to attract peoples attention. to come and see him and Avery.. I almost got a photo of him in the act. Lol

Edited by Road runner

I saw him on Friday and thought he was very nice too. He commented on my bunny ears and even laughed when I admitted it was about another show, but if he wanted he could call me the Klingon Death Bunny of the Apocalypse.

I came back later because I had found a Q photo in the dealers room that I really liked and got that signed as well. John was even generous enough to pose for a second photo with me because my friend had somehow managed to focus on god knows what when he took the photo during our first visit and so the picture turned out blurry.

I went with my friend to see John Delancie and I thought he was quite a surly fellow too. He didn't seem to want to be there too much.

Must admit he was probably the most disappointing for me, didn't talk to Avery much either but that's more my fault than his as I couldn't think of anything to say :YAHOO:

I enjoyed meeting John. The first person I saw on Friday morning and he was quite chatty.

Bummer that the weather meant we didn't get chance to see his talk as I am sure it would have been very entertaining. He quite happily posed for a photo with first me and then my brother, even though he had been blinded by the flash from the previous person in the queue (we didn't use a flash btw). I did see him again late Saturday and to be fair he seemed tired and wasn't as chatty but still very polite. He looked much rested and refreshed for the photoshoot the following morning. I also saw him talk to random people when he was off on his walks.

I am guessing some guests find it easier/harder to be on top form all day long for three days. He is only human and not a Q :YAHOO: . Unfortunately some people may meet a guest during these 'down periods'.

I would quite happily see John again.

Also at one point in the afternoon he was dancing about like a loony trying to attract peoples attention. to come and see him and Avery.. I almost got a photo of him in the act. Lol

I saw that! It was fantastic. I was the one with the small suitcase that he asked about, who walked past a couple of times before I built up enough courage to see him. He was the first guest I saw all weekend and I was so nervous (hence why I didn't say much) :YAHOO: I thought he was lovely ;)

Huh, I thought John De Lancie was nice when I went to see him (didn't go to get anything signed, just to pass on a message from a friend of mine who's a big fan).

I remember you. You came on friday?

I was there all three days, but I went over to John's table on Friday, so that's correct :)

Road Runner, I met John on Friday and was the guy who left my email address. Don't know if you remember. Anyway, I have not had an email so far (don't know if he couldn't make out the writing, hasn't had time or just not interested in emailing), but if I don't hear anything, would it be possible for me to send that photo via Showmasters?

i dont kno if i could decide who was the best for me, its between th Fillion and Browder,

as Nathan was cool and he is like my hero, but i was impressed with Ben as he made sure he spoke to absolutely every1, and even at the end of a long cold day he still had a massive smile on his face!