Who was your favourite guest?

Princess83

Out of those I met, mine was Marc McClure.

Came across as genuine, enthusiastic and was very chatty. We spoke about Supergirl for a bit because it was a favourite film during my childhood and when I looked at his autograph after he'd signed "to *my name*, a Super Girl" which I thought was incredibly sweet of him.

I've got to mention Leonard Nimoy too because I was very surprised that I got to exchange some words with him. His queue moved along at such a fast pace but despite the blink-and-miss experience, he still took the time to acknowledge me politely. I quickly thanked him for coming and told him it was great to meet him. I got eye contact and "great to meet you" so I'm chuffed - it was more than I was expecting.

But everyone was lovely. The BTTF guests were precious. I wanted to keep them. :(

Edited by Princess83

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rachel Luttrell was my favourite. I've met her 3 times (2 autographs, 1 photoshoot) and every time she was bright, sweet, friendly, cuddly, playful, chatty, and an overall pleasure to know. I was very happy to see her and I hope that I get to see her tomorrow.

Rachel Luttrell was my favourite. I've met her 3 times (2 autographs, 1 photoshoot) and every time she was bright, sweet, friendly, cuddly, playful, chatty, and an overall pleasure to know. I was very happy to see her and I hope that I get to see her tomorrow.

I really didn't know what to expect from her but she was lovely. Nathan I thought was going to be a bit grumpy, he just looks very serious but he was really chatty and was telling me how everyone from Firefly keeps in touch regularly and how much he'd enjoyed it. I expected Ben to be a bit of a rush through as well but he was chatting away too, apologised for not coming over sooner, partly due to a bad experience with UK immigration some years ago. Seemed pleased to have made it now, despite the weather.

This was all on Friday so I guess they may have had a bit more time then but I came away with great impressions of everyone which you can't always say :)

All the guests I met were great. Got Burn to go tomorrow, but Rachel Luttrell is my standout guest of the weekend. She was really chatty, polite, and seemed happy to be here.

Ben took me by surprise. I didn't think I'd have the amount of time I did to chat to him. He was really nice and chatty too. A real pleasure to meet.

Richard Chaves for me. Chatted for ages about Predator, his travel plans in the UK and California. Saw him a couple of hours later having a walk round the stadium, he recognised me from earlier and said hello.

Have 2 close seconds:

James Tolkan. Chatted about Masters of the Universe and he let slip an event during filming which I wont post on here & I can't believe he told me.

Jeffrey Weissman. Went straight to his album of behind the scenes photos & showed/talked me through several when I asked about BTTF 2 and Crispin Glover. The Marty Junior cap & hoverboard were nice touches too.

Avery Brooks for me

I gave him a different picture (the one in the suit!) to what most people pick and he smiled when I said !I thought I'd make a break from the norm and give u this one for a change!" He wrote "For {my name}, Avery Brooks", while he was writing I told him I owned a life size cut out of him as Ben Sisko that used to frighten all my home's visitors and he said that when the standee was first released one of his crew put one in his trailer and as he went in it terrified him! He then shook my hand & my friends who was with me. He came across as a genuinely nice guy.

I was a little upset that due to the sheer numbers of fans waiting to meet Leonard Nimoy that the people with him didn't give anyone a chance to talk to him properly for the probably once in a lifetime chance, and that, that privildge shouldn't be reserved for those who can afford to buy a photo with him!

Edited by Sijazz

Richard Chaves and Nathan Fillion, because both shook my hand and introduced themselves using their whole names! Superb guests, Nathan didn't have much time to chat due to demand for him. Let's face it ladies he is nice to look at. Richard spoke about Predator and said he remembered filming the whole of it and that it was a great experience.

I told him that Predator was one of my all time favourite films and he thanked me! He seemed genuinely happy to be meeting the fans and thankful that we loved his work. A truly wonderful guest, thankyou Richard and Showmasters.

Where have you been hiding? I was keeping an eye open for you. :clap:

I think my favourite today HAS to be Geoff Hurst.....

he was the only one i met today... It would have been Naoko Mori, but she cancelled. I met Geoff Hurst to get his autograph for my dad for fathers day. Geoff was really nice and guessed it was for fathers day, then asked if I wanted it saying happy fathers day, so now it does. lol.

Hopefully my fave guest overall will be burn gorman, if he doesn't cancel 5 mins before I get to the stadium again.....

Can i say Ben even tho he's the only one i met!

He was lovely, chatty putting everyone at ease esp in the photoshoots just a lovely lovely man (and lovely to look at) just wish we could have heard him in a talk would have been a hoot but at maybe he;ll come back to a con next year.

So yeah he;s added to my list of fav's met.

I met Nathan Fillion and the Back to the Future guys, all great guests. Nathan seemed surprised that I was getting a Halo 3 poster signed, I asked him about the Halo 3 expansion (ODST) he is doing a voice for and he said he enjoyed doing it.

Where have you been hiding? I was keeping an eye open for you. ;)

You need eyes in the back of your head. I was about three people behind you in Ben's photo queue but I didn't want to tempt the wrath of Malcolm, LOL! Plus I was with my extremely tall friend, which basically equates to me hiding behind a wall.

Edited by Psychosis

You need eyes in the back of your head. I was about three people behind you in Ben's photo queue but I didn't want to tempt the wrath of Malcolm, LOL! Plus I was with my extremely tall friend, which basically equates to me hiding behind a wall.

Okay, that counts as hiding. ;)

Ahh... so you at least got that part of the show. :WAVE:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Favourite guest has to be...

Leonard Nimoy, for just being here. Someone I thought I would never meet!

or Avery Brooks, the man is a born entertainer.

How about Tony Amendola with whom I had a very interesting chat about his appearance on The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Maybe Ben Browder who gave everyone who met him his full attention and spent as much time chatting to them as possible given how busy he was. Seemed to be really enjoying himself. Hopefully the first of many visits by him

It could be Andrew Robinson....or Rachel Luttrell.

I give up. Any/all of the above! :D

Ok so I only met one (Nathan) but he was still my favourite so I feel the need to sing his praises anyway!

He was so sweet, shook my hand, asked me my name, personalised my autograph, thanked me for asking about his day, asked me if I was keeping warm, and told me he had a blanket on his legs! Admittedly we didn't chat about our childhoods, lol, but it was a lot more than I was expecting!

What a lovely guy for taking a bit of time with each person even though he had a long queue and was obviously cold. And thanks to SM for not rushing people through too fast.

I'd love to meet him again so please bring him to another event!

I have to say Ben and Nathan where both fabulous. They where both very friendly and I'd love to hear them in a talk and meet both of them again.

Weren't they just. I assume they were both extremely busy today. I went friday and while they were still busy, they both took time for a short chat before gently taking the next item to be signed indicating that you should move on. Not in a nasty way at all, just enough to keep things moving and I'm very happy to have spent a few moments with them.

So far, and for what must be the first time in my memory (I've been going since C4), I haven't read anything negative about any of the guests. There's usually someone saying one or other was rude or whatever but so far it's all been very positive which is good to hear.

Didn't do this Con, Largely because I heard Leonard Nimoy didn't Personalise. Shame, he's a Legend...

It's extremely rare for such a major guest who's going to be very busy to personalise. Sometimes if they're there on the friday when it's quieter you might get lucky but even then there's no guarantee. I'd rather get a non-personalised one than none at all as who knows when we may get the opportunity again?

Unfortunately I couldn't go today or tomorrow but pre-ordered an auto from him as it's such a rare opportunity to get one and know it's genuine.

Andrew Robinson, Andrew Robinson, Andrew Robinson. Remembered my name! Said I was a nice guy. Like him lots.

Alice Krige is this tiny little bundle of lovely.

Avery Brooks is mad. But in a nice way. :P

Nicholas Parsons said that the Dr Who photo I'd designed was better than any of the ones he had on his desk, which made me rather happy too.

And Nimoy for just being Nimoy.

I have to say Tony Amendola was my favourite guest - he chatted for as long as he could about SG1 with us. We forgot to take a picture of him though so when we were in Ben's queue he recognised us and mentioned he still had my pen - mum went over and he let her take a photo - great guest!

Nathan and Tom come in second - Got a Draco Malfoy wand signed for my sister and Nathan was teasing Tom about doing a spell with it. Also got a hug from Adrian Rawlins (James Potter) - such a lovely guy.

Edited by chimmykins