update of the event

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

just thought i would clear up some points people have made :(

There is the same amount of dealers at this years event around X150 "Fact" like normal

Seating yesterday it was Limited but this will be looked after today and more will be opened up for the show today

it was a bit cold today and we do say bring your jackets as were the guests are its not open to the rain but the wind can come though

Yesterday we had guest there all day and they were wonderful, it was a bit cold at times but all are fine and we have taken steps to make there time at the event better as it did get a little chilly we have heaters and more rooms for them , so this should be good for them all

i want to also remind you all this is a temporary location for us the next event is to be in the grand Olympic hall to open this winter which is bigger than the hall we use at the center MK , we had only two Choices run this event here or not have a CMMK this year thats it we are here now and today we hit the odd issues but all were over come and the fans did not notice any thing and it did not effect the event in any way, every time you go to a new event you have to settle in we did this yesterday and today should be good for everyone

all guests are cool and also know this is a temporary location and have no issues with this as they still get to meet the fans

as normal we have had people joining today and with there 1st post trashing the show and trying to put people off from going , its all very sad but its what we have come to excspect , do not worry come to the event see it for your self the place dose work well and the main thing is meeting the guests and with the this new large space its so much easer now for you all

most of the people we meet felt it was a good event and easer to get around, most of the dealers we did the same or better than at the last few events at MK and numbers were up for the friday so its looking good

i hope this clears up some of valid points that people have made and also stopped some of the untruths odd people have made also so see you all there

ps do bring your coat its british summer :D

see you there

jason :(

i want to also remind you all this is a temporary location for us the next event is to be in the grand Olympic hall to open this winter which is bigger than the hall we use at the center MK , we had only two Choices run this event here or not have a CMMK this year

just a quick one, does this mean there wont be a show towards the end of the year??

cheers

Neil

Cool were just leaving wolves now see you there

Good to know another Wolves person is on board!! LOL

I am going Sunday as I want to meet the SW guests as well as many others! I hope everyone has a fantastic day and a safe journey to and from the event. Enjoy all! :(

i want to also remind you all this is a temporary location

I thought this was the "the big new home" of CM MK ?

It is - the concourse is temporary, there is a function suite thing still being built at the stadium

It is - the concourse is temporary, there is a function suite thing still being built at the stadium

What its in the same building as this one?

What its in the same building as this one?

Or directly attached - that's my understanding of what's been posted anyway. I've seen some posts saying the hotel which is under construction, and some saying within the stadium itself

I was a little surprised when I saw the layout on Friday, but when I arrived today, there had been a lot of changes made to the layout to the event.

As you walk round the concourse, you can see there's construction work going on, but there's a hall off the concourse, that is far bigger than the area that was used at the centre:MK . That will likely be used by showmasters if they want to use it.

As for there not being a second one in MKthis year, I would guess that this is due to the construction work going on, so they're trying out a new venue.

We've got a second event in London, whether this is just temporary, I don't know, we've got dates for next years event in MK .

I enjoyed the event even though there were a few teething problems on Friday. Even today it was busy, but there was plenty room to walk around, compared to at the shopping centre.

The guests did comment on how chilly it was, but as said, today, things were changed around .

I am enjoying the fact it's at a new venue. There isn't a lot of room at the centreM.K. I like the fact there is more room to move. I like the layout of the guest. Yes It is cold in the venue but the venue isn't finished being built yet. I can understand why the guest are where they are cos the weather was wonderful up to thursday. I didn't even know it was gonna rain all weekend.

See you there again today.

Edited by gem-sanders

Judging from what I saw on Saturday, with the amount of people queuing to see Leonard Nimoy, they would have needed that room just for him. Add that to Nathan Fillion and Ben Browder's queues, SM would never have been able to fit all the guests and their queues in there! :D

I Had a fab time all weekend and reckon this was better than the Centre as it wasn't quite as jammed and claustrophobic.

All the guest were great as were the Showmasters staff and I just want to say 'thanks'

....just a shame about the british weather! Hope you didn't lose too much on the funfair - I did feel sorry for them on Saturday.

i want to also remind you all this is a temporary location for us the next event is to be in the grand Olympic hall to open this winter which is bigger than the hall we use at the center MK , we had only two Choices run this event here or not have a CMMK this year

just a quick one, does this mean there wont be a show towards the end of the year??

cheers

Neil

next show in Milton Keynes Dons Stadium will be May 2010, though they are doing a show in London at the Olympia 28/29 November this year.

im just suprised that the guests werent put in the nice warm room that the majority of the dealers were in .....

From what I heard, the dealers didnt want to be outside and would only be inside where they were..

Really? Who told you this? I think either you misunderstood or they were grossly mistaken. I was a dealer at this show and was not given an options to be inside or outside. That said, I'm delighted with the outcome and found that my takings were nearly triple what they were from the last CMK event I did (CM 13). From my perspective, the weekend was incredible (both as a fan of events and as a dealer).

I didn't really mind the change of venues, especially in light of the things I have read here in regard to the new concourse, as being exposed to the elements was one of my main concerns.

My only other complaint (concern?) was to the free buses. Whilst it was fantastic for Showmasters to put them on in the first place, they were pretty much our only option for getting there and back to the town centre. As there was only one bus per hour, on Saturday we asked what time the last bus was and what would happen if there were more people than would fit onto the one bus. The answer was less than satisfying.

Luckily we managed to get the earlier bus, and then on Sunday we had a rather wonderful lady driver who came back for all the people left in the queue rather than just do the one run per hour. Please, next time can we have a bus every half hour like was done in Coventry?

All in all, thank you all so much for another fantastic Showmasters experience!

I'm sorry, I attended the convention on sunday. Although its good to be able to get autographs and it does make a change to a boring weekend I do have some problems with the whole setup... not just the collectormania but also the london comic con etc...

Not only did me and my friend get to the stadium to queue for Nimoy at 7. Waiting 3 hours in cold...it took us until 2p.m. to see the guy. I had ticket number 2 and had to wait not only for his lunch break to finish but for him to disappear and cash in on more photographs.

* We waited outside the stadium and qued in the rain for 3 hours to be sure we could meet Leonard Nimoy, there was no cover from the rain or cold.

* At 9:30 the que was completely destroyed.

* We felt herded like cattle throughout all these events. Understandibly you need an element of control, but squeezing people into a que is not going to encourage more people to join.

* I paid 100 pounds for Leonard to sign items, include 1 figure and 1 bust and feel the care in the handling the items was just non-existant. To be frank I've always felt there was little consideration for customer satisaction at these events in the way the ques and items are organised for the stars.

I'm sorry sliding my item and telling me to lift the plastic cover and then instruct a crewman to make sure people have their items ready is just not very helpful.

We are supposed to look at these autographs and feel positive about the experience. Instead I just look at them and feel how hard it was to get these signed and the way they were slid accross the table, signed in seconds for an actor who could care less.

- Is there a time table of HOW long photoshoots last, when actors go to lunch, how long their lunch is. Could you guys also try to realisitcally estimate how long photoshoots will go for, learn when to stop taking photos so actors can return to their booths etc...is it really fair to keep other paid customers waiting an hour in a que.

Edited by zeezack