Feedback from Friday

keithporter23

As the post says - how about some feedback from anybody attending on the Friday - to let us know what to expect on the Saturday and Sunday.

How are the guests?

What is the venue like?

How is the layout?

Lighting good for pics?

Plenty of stalls?

food/drink?

Is venue cold/warm?

We can't wait to get there tomorrow!!!

Edited by keithporter23

As the post says - how about some feedback from anybody attending on the Friday - to let us know what to expect on the Saturday and Sunday.

How are the guests?

What is the venue like?

How is the layout?

Lighting good for pics?

Plenty of stalls?

food/drink?

Is venue cold/warm?

We can't wait to get there tomorrow!!!

The MK stadium is a great venue....bu I left today somewhat disappointed & wishing it was still at the city centre. Its was quite cold today around the stadium and with only a limited number of guests spread around felt a little empty.

For those not familiar with the stadium it has a concourse that runs around the whole stadium, the stadium offices & conference facilities are on one side of the stadium. Guest were spread at various points aroung the stadium with the main dealer stalls in the main room of the conference area. The dealer room felt somewhat cramped even for a friday but there were plenty of stalls to look around. The guest looked chilled in the true sense and it was a little odd to see them wrapped in warm coats,gloves etc. I didn't take photo's today but the lighting didn't look very good to me as the bigger name guests were position towards the rear of the stands. Personally I would try not to have to eat in the stadium, they are using the standard concession facilities and pricing from the game days so the quality/cost are not the best.

I will be down early on Saturday and see how I feel after a second visit.

My feed back for Saturday/Sunday goers:

Marc McClure had no Superman pics (just BTTF), neither had any of the dealers. He did say SM were trying to get some for tomorrow. Might be worth taking a Superman DVD sleeve or something as a back up just in case.

Lighting was ok for my photos.

The signage wasn't very good inside the venue, walked a couple of laps to suss out where everything/everyone was.

All the BTTF guests were brilliant, however Richard Chaves is a different class! (Was wearing his "The Predator" cast leather jacket too!)

Same dealers as usual.

Food, drink, alcohol available.

Bit cold/windy take a summer jacket/jumper.

Richard Chaves is a different class! (Was wearing his "The Predator" cast leather jacket too!)

This is great to hear.

Sonny was so nice at Midlands that I was thinking that everyone else wouyld be a little disappointing. I'm glad to hear that's not the case.

Bill Duke & Jeese V for LFCC?

Did anyone go on Friday?

I went on both Fri and Sat, and despite the appearance of disorganisation as soon as the doors opened, the staff were actually very nice and helpful when I needed help.

Managed to see everyone Star Trek & Firefly related:

Avery Brooks

John Delancie

Alice Krige

Andrew Robinson

Nathan Fillion

With hardly any queuing, I managed to get personalisations and a posed photo from everyone except from Nathan and Avery. It's a shame as there weren't any photo shoots on Friday otherwise I would have got them.

John was very cheery at such an early hour. It did lift the spirits of all the fans who were half asleep. He did crack a good quip when he recognised a bunch of people whom he saw earlier in Avery's queue.

The dealers' areas was great... lots of stalls, no crowds so got the chance to buy stuff. With hindsight, I wished I did all the "shopping" on Fri as the next day was another matter.

Bad things:

No Leonard Nimoy on this quiet day :-(

The stadium bacon sandwich was seriously awful.

It was freezing!

What happened to the fair ground?

Good things:

Helpful staff.

Posed photos.

Saturday was another matter...

Edited by doghouse

Yes, I went on Friday, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded, so I didn't have to wait too long for autographs, and the dealer's room was great, with plenty of room and a good variety of stuff for sale.

I went yesterday as well, but didn't stay too long, but there was still plenty of room.

I have to mention the friendly and helpful staff too.

The weather was the only real downside to the whole thing, but that's just a typical British summer! :(

Edited by Flibble

It was great to be able to wander round on a quiet Friday, without huge lines for everything. LOL. Dealers rooms were fine, some good stuff there and some of it was very reasonably priced. My friend took a great pic of me with Andrew Robinson. Couldn't get any pics of Avery Brooks because of the postioning but even at the shopping Centre that was par for the course. I always found the lighting very difficult in there.