3 Months away and no guests

Phantom

I am really worried now about the likelihood of this event going ahead.

Dave hasn't posted on the forums since he came on to thank people for Autographica 13. Like you say, it's now 3 months away and no guest. The Autographica website has no confirmation of the date and still has all the info on it for 13.

Really concerned that it'll fall by the wayside due to the big bad "R"...

I am really worried now about the likelihood of this event going ahead.

Dave hasn't posted on the forums since he came on to thank people for Autographica 13. Like you say, it's now 3 months away and no guest. The Autographica website has no confirmation of the date and still has all the info on it for 13.

Really concerned that it'll fall by the wayside due to the big bad "R"...

I agree entirely with the thoughts posted above. I could have made an early cheap booking on flights, but I am not prepared to go ahead until I hear something positive. I am beginning to have my doubts. These doubts could easily be put to rest by a simple statement from Showmasters.

Next week this show is 3 months away.

I know i maybe a little previous but is it usual for an autographica not to have guest announcments this close to a show.3 months fly by.

Dude just chill!! When has Showmasters ever left us disappointed? Answer Never? Guests will happen when they happen?

Just look at the last Autographica lineup it was amazing. Fact most of it was not announced till close to the event.....reason they are waiting on the guest signing contracts

Next week this show is 3 months away.

I know i maybe a little previous but is it usual for an autographica not to have guest announcments this close to a show.3 months fly by.

Dude just chill!! When has Showmasters ever left us disappointed? Answer Never? Guests will happen when they happen?

Just look at the last Autographica lineup it was amazing. Fact most of it was not announced till close to the event.....reason they are waiting on the guest signing contracts

I think that is being optimistic. There should at least have been confirmation of the dates and usually will have been at least one guest announced by now!

Autographica has always had more to do with Dave than SM anyway, hasn't it? I figured they just became an Umbrella for the event?

From my understanding its a 50/50 relationship. From what I now and hear or Jason/SM he is not the type of person that would "Umbrella" a company and not have any involvement. Crazy if you think otherwise.

I just think that going on and on about "Where are the guests?" is not going to help. They will come when they come. Simply as that!! Coming on here and asking where they are will not bring they any faster.

I have been a avid supporter of Showmasters long before Collectormania when they where doing fairs and they have NEVER disappointed. They are the ONLY convention company in the UK that lets people give there options and learn from it. Other companies either delete your post or just give you a one line answer. Showmasters have always been open and that is why they put on the quality shows they do. Go on and on at them where are the guest just wastes there time which could be better spent getting guests.

Just my view.

From my understanding its a 50/50 relationship. From what I now and hear or Jason/SM he is not the type of person that would "Umbrella" a company and not have any involvement. Crazy if you think otherwise.

I just think that going on and on about "Where are the guests?" is not going to help. They will come when they come. Simply as that!! Coming on here and asking where they are will not bring they any faster.

I have been a avid supporter of Showmasters long before Collectormania when they where doing fairs and they have NEVER disappointed. They are the ONLY convention company in the UK that lets people give there options and learn from it. Other companies either delete your post or just give you a one line answer. Showmasters have always been open and that is why they put on the quality shows they do. Go on and on at them where are the guest just wastes there time which could be better spent getting guests.

Just my view.

Ummm... We aren't going on and on about where are the guests, we are saying that BASED ON PREVIOUS AUTOGRAPHICA'S, that 3 months from the event there is usually a little more confirmation that the event is actually happening than there is at present - and that is usually done in the way of a guest announcement.

As for the umbrella thing - I'm not saying that SM don't have any involvement, I just thought Dave and his guys still have a hell of a lot to do with the announcements and stuff - again, that's based on previous experience of both this section of these forums and the Autographica website.

Edited by lukeowl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Although i'm bound by the rules that state no advertising your own business on here, I have stood as a dealer for the past 4 events. Fear not those who doubt that this event is not happening as I have booked my 3 tables again yesterday and look forward to the show in a few months time. I suggest all the other dealers book their tables now as the price per table is going to increase. Come on all, lets have some positive thinking and get behind the organisers who do a great job.

Hi

Although i'm bound by the rules that state no advertising your own business on here, I have stood as a dealer for the past 4 events. Fear not those who doubt that this event is not happening as I have booked my 3 tables again yesterday and look forward to the show in a few months time. I suggest all the other dealers book their tables now as the price per table is going to increase. Come on all, lets have some positive thinking and get behind the organisers who do a great job.

Thanks for your positivity. Your statement is very reassuring. This kind of posting was all that was required from Showmasters.

Hi

Just a question but have you booked your tables because you know the event is definately going ahead and that guests are in the offing or have you booked them based on previous experience on the assumption that the event is going ahead?

I don't think there is any lack of positivity around this event (aside from one or two 'ghostly' individuals who it seems are no longer with us!) it's just that it seems unusual that we are getting closer to the event and, aside from confirming the dates, there has been no news about it at all as yet.

The recent form book indicates that when that happens, the events more often than not don't go ahead.

• Moderators

Fear not all you doubters, scaremongers ,rumourmongers and all of you who have been with us since the beginning. At least 2 people who didn,t know who i was have told me categorically that the last show was indeed the last Autographica and that they had heard from a very good source and it was true. Well i have to tell you the sauce was either vodka or heinz because they do not have a clue what they are talking about.

We are in fact busy confirming guests right now. We are also in the process of rebuilding the website to give it a new look. The dates are confirmed and the show will be ready to take bookings in a few weeks. Dealers are advised to book early and have all been notified.

The show is not until September so please stop fretting and start planning. The last show in Birmingham was i think everyone will agree the best ever and we are working hard to make the next one just as fabulous.

Don,t listen to any more rumours unless i start them!!!!

See you all in September in Birmingham

I have booked my room have you.

Dave Phillips

Officially speaking for Autographica

I have booked my room have you.

Dave Phillips

Officially speaking for Autographica

Dave we will book our room as soon as you sort out the discount codes for us, as asked for in another topic!!! We're excited as hell about attending - but you have to try and top that last show - it was a corker.

PS I hope you're booking plenty of old style Hollywood guests for us!

Don't start with that again Keith, we all now the strange new worlds it took us to last time!

Indeed, I am wondering just how Keith managed to get off that train and find his way onto this one....

We must be cautious, Lord Fooku....

Don't try frightening us with your sorceror's ways, Keith

His sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped him conjure up a first guest announcement, or given him clairvoyance enough to find the Rooney's hidden fortress...