anyone fancy seeing the harry potter movie one evening?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, this sounds like fun! Will talk to my friends if they want to go (one probably will, other I don't know. We'll just drag him along anyway)

Thats great the more the merrier, if you do decide to come can you follow the instructions in the earlier email and get me your details as soon as you can so i can try and sort the discount.

well if you are bringing three that takes us to nine so far.

17 days to go guys :chair:

BX

Check me out i found the quote thingie, i'm so smart :chair::chair:

I also may be a bit stupid aswell. "Liessa" is that you minekke (i know i have spelled that wrong) if that is you this is becky and i am still chuckleing to myself about the shatner mobile!!!

if it's not :chair: sorry but i thought i recognised the forum name

if it is then :chair::chair: cuz you is bonkers lady and it would be brilliant to see you again!!

BX

My computer just deleted my e-mail to you :D stupid thing. And now I can't be bothered to write it out again! So I'll be brief here

• i'll go home before meeting up
  • i'm SO excited
  • the prem is gonna be mad fun, i'll see what i can do regarding extra autos
  • i'll give you my number nearer the time to make communication easy on the day

Changing the subject slightly, but how cool is this! Some college kids in the US have set up their own Muggle Quidditch league

Quick "how to play" guide :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jew6EyNvBfI

Coverage of the 2007 'World Cup' from the place that started it all. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxPYCQ2fAUs

p.s. If you find all this deeply offensive you can join a Facebook group dedicated to stopping it :huh:

http://tinyurl.com/stop-middlebury-quidditch

Personally I think starting a Facebook group to stop it is SO MUCH sadder than playing in the first place. :D

I also may be a bit stupid aswell. "Liessa" is that you minekke (i know i have spelled that wrong) if that is you this is becky and i am still chuckleing to myself about the shatner mobile!!!

if it's not :P sorry but i thought i recognised the forum name

if it is then :D:D cuz you is bonkers lady and it would be brilliant to see you again!!

BX

I was so sure you'd forgotten me, it's been ages!

Yes, it is me, and it would be awesome to catch up Becky! We really should get together anyway, if you have time.

You're actually really really close, it's spelled Mieneke, you did better than some people here in Holland :D

I haven't heard back from the others yet, will mail if and when we come along.

This maybe a bit redudent but i was wondering as the release for HBP is on the 15th and the event is the 18th and 19th naybe one of the evenings people might like to go and watch the film at a near by cinema as a group.

I know a lot of people would have seen it on the release day (midnight showing for me), but i do know how much fun it is seeing a movie with a big bunch of like minded people, so i thought i would just mention it and see what people think.

right thats me done

BX

Yeah im up for that, am crewing so aslong as it is late i would be well up for it.

Right i have some bad news and some good news.

I phoned the manager at kensington high street and he has now decided that because it is the opening weekend of the film he can pretty much gaurntee his cinema will be full so unless we get 25 people min he wont honor the discount he discussed with me. I was quite furious because he initially said 10-15 and we could have 20% off.

So thats the bad news, the good news is that lots of you have emailed me and said that they still want to come. so if everyone is till up for this, we can just pick another cinema and take our bussiness elsewhere.

I'l leave it up to you guys to let me know if you still want to go. I feel pretty bad about this and kind of feel like i have let you guys down a bit.:D .

I am still waiting to find out which is the crew hotel, and the minute i do will et you know and then we can agree on a meeting point.

again i am really sorry guys but i hope that we can still go a head as i am looking forward to meeting you all sooo much.

BXX

We're still going too, I don't mind paying a bit more.

Actually, I saw the movie yesterday! We went to Brussels for the avant-premiere! Not telling anyone though, don't want to spoil anyhting!

We're still going too, I don't mind paying a bit more.

Actually, I saw the movie yesterday! We went to Brussels for the avant-premiere! Not telling anyone though, don't want to spoil anyhting!

Glad you're still coming hun :thumbup:

Sorry your friend reneged on his promise though.

My friend works at the cinema in blackpool, he put me in touch with the guy in kensington. I am still firious about what he did and i have emailed odeon uk with a complaint about it.

BX

Were there any actors over there? Was the movie great? (don't have to spoil anything just to answer to that!)

Evanna Lynch and Matthew Lewis attended, and our 4 hour wait standing in the netrance hall certainly paid off, the two of us got 7 autographs from them! One picture is a Dumbledore's Army shot that I'm bringing this weekend, to get signed by the Phelps twins. Where I'll get the other 11 people in the picture I don't know, but am certainly going to try!

The movie was really good, but my personal favorite is still Azkaban. Am biased thanks to Gary Oldman :D

One thing: the look of the movie was absolutely fantastic. There it did beat the others actually, imho.

@Bellatrix: Of course we're still coming along!

Is anyone going dressed up? I'm still in doubt, but would hate to be the only one :D

If I do dress up, it will be as McGonagal. Problem is I'll have to wear some of the costume on the plane, because I didn't book for luggage and can't fit a cloak in my purse. Am I brave enough?

I would be dressing up if damn ebay hadn't failed on me :D &/or my mum had got her butt into gear & ordered some stuff for me earlier.

But I 'should' :lol: be wearing a homemade Slytherin Queen necklance & Weasley Twins bracelet (if my friend ever gets them finished)

I wont be Dressing up but i thik i might wear my slytherin inspired kilt (is black purple and green plaid) and my t shirt that says "Professor Snape is a sexy bitch". Or if i dont think i am brave enough for a skirt it will be ripped jeans and red t shirt which sports the legend "Oh you quidditch stud let me ride your broomstick"

they are old t shirts and i have worn them before but they are my favs, i am going to do some updating on the snape one as the original lettering was in white i am going to go over it with fabric glue and green glitter. i would have loved to get a new one but that will have to wait for next time.

so what do you guys think "Snape" or "Quidditch"?

Whats everyone else wearing?

minekke bring your cloak anyway is always fun to wear them!

BX

Snape!!!

Anything Snape related wins :D

Dunno what I'll be wearing, can tell you what I 'would' have worn ;)

My friend may have time/spare beads etc. anyone have a request? Not sure exactly on colours, how much is left but I'm sure she can come up with something. Let me know