Petition Against Buffy Movie

xandfan

I know who'd of thought I of all people would be against a Buffy movie... but I have a good reason. See when I envisioned a Buffy movie it had style, substance and Joss Whedon. It also had the cast that made the show famous and it actually had a character called Buffy in it. Well Fran Rubel Kuzui (She directed the first one, also known as the one that sucked) has decided that she knows what we fans want more than we do... and apparently the fans want a reboot of the franchise without any of the cast or Joss or characters. Her intent is to do a movie about another slayer but with Buffy as the hook... essentially. Now this is just offensive to me, if you're going to do a Buffy movie, you put Buffy in it. You then hand the script writing and directing duties over to Joss and say 'Have fun kids". You do NOT take the world we know and love, take away the big things that made that world work and then throw it back in our face and tell us to like it. That's what fran is doing. I'm not disputing the legality of it, according to law she owns the rights to the Buffy movie and can therefore do anything that she wants to it, but she should at least listen to the fans who say we want the characters we love.

If you agree with me (And Anthony Stewart Head, who's also said he doesn't think the idea will work) then I beg you to sign this petition and put it up anywhere that you can

HERE IS THE PETITION

I'm sorry but I'm not signing.

Why does everyone think a Buffy movie without Joss will fail. Don't get me wrong Joss is a genius, but he is not the only genius in the TV/film business.

For all we know this Buffy movie could be brilliant and I really don't understand why everyone seems so down on the idea before even seeing it.

I'm sorry but I'm not signing.

Why does everyone think a Buffy movie without Joss will fail. Don't get me wrong Joss is a genius, but he is not the only genius in the TV/film business.

For all we know this Buffy movie could be brilliant and I really don't understand why everyone seems so down on the idea before even seeing it.

Well I think the reason many think it'll fail is that the last time Joss's vision was ignored in a Buffy movie... we got the horrific first movie, which was also directed by the same person who's directing this one.

It might be brilliant, I'm not denying there's a slim chance of that but it's not a Buffy movie without Buffy and Joss, they're the two key elements that made the whole thing work and without them it is really just a attempt to cash in on the Twilight phenomenon and that's just not fair to fans, and not even asking Joss at all is disrespectful

Though I understand why you didn't sign and I thank you for at least looking

I signed because I think the story had been rounded up very nicely on screen. The story does continiue in comic form and I think it should stay that way.

It might be good,it might be ****.

Given the current form for reboots/remakes Star Trek and Snyders Dawn Of The Dead excluded itll probably be the latter or maybe theyll get it right.Vampires for teens are hot right now,no wonder they are cashing in.This is just like when Star Trek got a leg up from Star Wars in 77.

I dont get this "itll be crap without Whedon" stuff ,the guy has lost his way so give it to someone else.Its a relaunch and sure getting Whedon to direct would be good for the hardcore but its obv the studios dont have confidence in him anymore.If it does well there will be sequels and a new crowd.

Welcome to Hollywood in the 2000s Buffy fans!

• 4 weeks later...