SO WHO WOULD LIKE SHOWMASTERS TO RUN A SUPERNATURAL CONVENTION?

jvd737

Purple Nurples are a must!!! we have the recipe!!!

Ok I looked up purple nurples and there's like 50 different recipies for them :vader:

but... there is an exact recipe in the supernatural episode guide!!! now someone just needs to tell me where to find clear apple schnapps because the green one just makes it look brown. and that looks rather gross!

=x=

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

456 is a great number but we need to ask some serious questions. Abrams Inc. was cancelled due to poor ticket sales, with many saying that they were waiting to hear what other guests were going to be announced while another con organiser has sold out their next Supernatural event on the strength on one supporting (albeit popular) actor.

Do we need to start putting our money where our mouths are? How many of the 456 are willing to buy tickets for a con on the stength of a guest star in the hopes of landing one of the big two?

I can only imagine that SM/ME are a bit con shy at the moment. Loads of people said they wanted more LOST guests, they get one of the best characters in the show and they don't even sell 70 tickets!!

How do we let the 'powers that be' know that we are serious about this con?

That's the thing about different fan groups.

Some WANT a con. It doesn't matter to them which guests, they just want an event with any guests. This is the case with Twilight.

Other fan groups like the Lost and Heroes fans will wait for the guests before buying tickets. And before anyone takes offence, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this I'm just explaining the difference in the fans.

Supernatural fans come over like Twilight fans in that they just want an event and will buy tickets just because it's a SPN event, not wait for specific guests. I believe Harry Potter fans would be the same.

As an event organiser it's great when you find a fan group like that because it makes running the event so must easier and makes it so much easier to get the big names (without having to take a big risk).

I guess we'll see what happens :vader:

456 is a great number but we need to ask some serious questions. Abrams Inc. was cancelled due to poor ticket sales, with many saying that they were waiting to hear what other guests were going to be announced while another con organiser has sold out their next Supernatural event on the strength on one supporting (albeit popular) actor.

Do we need to start putting our money where our mouths are? How many of the 456 are willing to buy tickets for a con on the stength of a guest star in the hopes of landing one of the big two?

I can only imagine that SM/ME are a bit con shy at the moment. Loads of people said they wanted more LOST guests, they get one of the best characters in the show and they don't even sell 70 tickets!!

How do we let the 'powers that be' know that we are serious about this con?

That's the thing about different fan groups.

Some WANT a con. It doesn't matter to them which guests, they just want an event with any guests. This is the case with Twilight.

Other fan groups like the Lost and Heroes fans will wait for the guests before buying tickets. And before anyone takes offence, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this I'm just explaining the difference in the fans.

Supernatural fans come over like Twilight fans in that they just want an event and will buy tickets just because it's a SPN event, not wait for specific guests. I believe Harry Potter fans would be the same.

As an event organiser it's great when you find a fan group like that because it makes running the event so must easier and makes it so much easier to get the big names (without having to take a big risk).

I guess we'll see what happens ;)

I agree with this. Its not about the guests SM could/would get, its so much more to do with the fact that I know I will have a good time at a properly and professionally organised Supernatural convention. Its very hard to enjoy a weekend of queueing, yelling and stress, no matter how amazing the guests are. I think SPN fans have had a rough ride these last few years, I think we deserve better!

We DESERVE a showmasters Supernatural convention, dammit!

(Please? Thank you! *pleads, begs etc etc*)

Yes, yes we DESERVE it!

I am not dancing to Eye of The Tiger though. I don't care how funny that scene is I heard it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to much at C15 lol.

I'm sure we can find clear apple schnapps, isn't schnapps supposed be clear anyway? That green stuff is vile.

Supernatural fans deserve a properly run convention by Showmasters!!! Please can we have one?!!! *bats eyelashes* Proud to be part if a 'low risk' fan group!!!! :thumbup: *is hopeful at the winking smiley left by Too Tall...*

If Jason witnessed the same selfish, ignorant, 'the rules don't apply to me' behaviour that I witnessed recently from a large number of SPN fans, then I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to go anywhere near a SPN con.

To be fair, you'll get that in a lot of fanbases. In most groups of fans, there will always be a few who think they should be allowed to do anything but it can't be helped and to my knowledge, it hasn't stopped other conventions going ahead in the past. With other shows like True Blood for example, there will be people who highly admire members of the cast and want to go against the rules and echo that behaviour. It's not just Supernatural and it would be quite unfair to stereotype all of the fans in that way though I know that isn't what you are doing or saying. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

If Jason witnessed the same selfish, ignorant, 'the rules don't apply to me' behaviour that I witnessed recently from a large number of SPN fans, then I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to go anywhere near a SPN con.

True enough. I mean, to be fair, that sort of behaviour isn't just limited to SPN fans, although it does seem to occur in larger amounts. I was optimistically hoping it was a situational thing, where people feel like they can get away with that sort of behaviour because nobody's telling them otherwise. I can't go into as much detail as I like with this, but suffice to say: I think what happened that weekend was due to a combination of things which Showmasters (who have had more experience running these kind of events) would be able to avoid.

Beg no.1 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con? :D

Beg no.2 Please with a cherry on top?

Beg no.3 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no.4 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no.5 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, made of awesome con so please can we have one?

Beg no.6 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no.7 Please with a cherry on top and extra sprinkles?

Beg no.8 Is this working yet?! :D

Beg no.9 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, fantastic Supernatural con

Beg no.10 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no.11 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, made of awesome con so please can we have one?

Beg no. 12 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no.13 Please with a cherry on top and extra sprinkles?

Beg no.14 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, made of awesome con so please can we have one?

Beg no. 15 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 16 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, fantastic Supernatural con

Beg no.17 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no.18 Please with a cherry on top and extra sprinkles?

Beg no.19 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you run a Supernatural con for all us fans?

Beg no.20 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no.21 Showmasters you're awesome and would do a Supernatural con justice so please can we have one?!

Beg no.22 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you run a Supernatural con for all us fans?

Beg no.23 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no.24 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, made of awesome con so please can we have one?

Beg no. 25 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 26 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you run a Supernatural con for all us fans?

Beg no. 27 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 28 Please with a cherry on top and extra sprinkles?

Beg no. 29 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 30 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you run a Supernatural con for all us fans?

Beg no. 31 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you run a Supernatural con for all us fans?

Beg no. 32 PLEASE can we have a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 33 Showmasters you're awesome and would do a Supernatural con justice so please can we have one?!

Beg no. 34 Supernatural fans deserve a well run, made of awesome con so please can we have one?

Beg no. 35 Please Showmasters, can you give us a Supernatural con?

Beg no. 36 Please with a cherry on top, extra sprinkles and whatever else you want!

Beg no. 37 PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A SUPERNATURAL CON RUN BY YOU AWESOME GUYS? AND THEN I PROMISE WE'LL SHUT UP!!! :D Oh and one more beg for luck: PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A SUPERNATURAL CON?! :D *wipes forehead, this had better work!!!!*