2 weeks to go!

troi127

OMG... is anyone else as super excited as me at the mo???? ;)

This will be my 1st Showmasters con but I've heard so many positive comments on this board that I'm sure

its going to be a great weekend :YAHOO:

Really looking forward to meeting you all :YAHOO:

xxx

Luckily I'm not a complete convention virgin :D

I have been to quite a few over the years but they were with different organisers (no names mentioned this time :D ). Normally I go to Angel/Buffy events and I was all excited about the Hallowhedon con later this year but then I found out my baby is due on 11th Nov (just 10 days after it!). I LOVE Red Dwarf tho so I'm just mega happy to be going to this event instead :YAHOO:

Still can't believe I've got a ticket to the drinks reception :dance: Just really hoping all the excitment doesn't aggrevate my morning sickness... I'm sooo paranoid that I'm gunna be saying hi to Chris Barrie and then all of a sudden throw up over him!!!!! :blink: Do you think people will think it super weird if I spend the weekend walking round with a plastic bowl under my arm??? Seriously, I'll be sat minding my own business then suddenly puke... will totally understand if no one wants to sit anywhere near me all weekend :P

Oh well, better go get some housework done

xxx

Luckily I'm not a complete convention virgin :chair:

I have been to quite a few over the years but they were with different organisers (no names mentioned this time :whistling: ). Normally I go to Angel/Buffy events and I was all excited about the Hallowhedon con later this year but then I found out my baby is due on 11th Nov (just 10 days after it!). I LOVE Red Dwarf tho so I'm just mega happy to be going to this event instead :D

Still can't believe I've got a ticket to the drinks reception :D Just really hoping all the excitment doesn't aggrevate my morning sickness... I'm sooo paranoid that I'm gunna be saying hi to Chris Barrie and then all of a sudden throw up over him!!!!! :spew: Do you think people will think it super weird if I spend the weekend walking round with a plastic bowl under my arm??? Seriously, I'll be sat minding my own business then suddenly puke... will totally understand if no one wants to sit anywhere near me all weekend :P

Oh well, better go get some housework done

xxx

Hi Troi,. Don't worry I was exactly the same with my first pregnancy my Morning Sickness lasted all day but i thank god for Arrowroot Biscuits, honestly sounds daft but it really does help believe me you just nibble them. It was something my lady doctor told me to do and Wow it is very helpful, she said her Mum told her about it when she was pregnant. So give it a go as i say just nibble them not scoff them down and they seem to put a lining on your stomach, and you can get them anywere so just ask someone to pick you up a packet. Good Luck :chair:

Well, I'm a complete convention virgin! I have absolutley no idea what to expect!! Does anyone know when the drinks reception is over the weekend? and are we supposed to dress up for it or will people be in jeans and t-shirts? And is the weekend really busy and packed or are there lots of gaps with nothing to do?

And what do you say when you come face to face with Rimmer and Lister and the rest anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Well, I'm a complete convention virgin! I have absolutley no idea what to expect!! Does anyone know when the drinks reception is over the weekend? and are we supposed to dress up for it or will people be in jeans and t-shirts? And is the weekend really busy and packed or are there lots of gaps with nothing to do?

And what do you say when you come face to face with Rimmer and Lister and the rest anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

I've never been to an actual convention but I have been to loads of other SM events so I'll try to answer as many of these as I can.

The drinks reception is on Saturday evening from 7.30 to 8.30. The party will be immediately afterwards so I, for one, will be wearing the same for the reception as I will for the party. Quite what that will be I don't know 'cos I haven't decided yet.

There will be a full schedule for the weekend with autograph sessions, talks and photo sessions. How busy you'll be depends on how many autographs you want, which talks you decide to go and what photos you want to get done. The schedule normally comes out a few days before, I'm guessing sometime just after Collectormania which is next weekend.

There are only a maximum of 500 tickets so it shouldn't be too packed. Having said that, I've never been to the Park Inn so I don't know how big the room is where the convention is being held.

I've never had a problem knowing what to say to any of the Red Dwarf people. They're all really friendly and easy to talk to. Have a think about any questions you may want to ask. I know the talks are a really good opportunity to ask questions but that shouldn't stop you asking one or two when you meet the guests. If you're going to do that though, try to come up with questions that should be fairly quick to answer. For example, the first time I met Robert Llewellyn, I asked him how long it took to apply all the make-up and stuff he had to wear as Kryten. And you don't have to stick to questions about RD, they're all generally happy to talk about their other work as well.

Hope that helps.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Hi Milly,. Have been to quite a few conventions and to the Drinks Receptions and people tend to wear what they are wearing for the Theme party so wear what you want to, at the drinks reception the crew working for ME/SM bring the guests to you and introduce the Celeb guest to you. And during the Daytime the day normally starts around 9am and that involves the organisers announcing what is going on in the Hotel and Which room you need to be in for Autographs and Photos (This always happens in the morning) then we usually have the Guests talks in the Afternoon after lunch (Lunch is usually around 12.30 to 12.45 and is usually just over an Hour) , They do put up a full Schedule on the wall around the Hotel with Times and Were you need to be and it is very important you check these Schedules so you dont miss your Turn. You will be given a plastic tag with your number on (its the number on your letter) and a chain so you can wear it around your neck, if you dont show this when you go for an Autograph or Photo you wont be allowed in the Queue (So wear it all the time, i swing mine around when having the photos done so its not on the photo) You will have lots of fun as everyone is so friendly and helpful, when it comes to Autographs and Photos do wear flat comfy shoes as there is a lot of standing around involved. But you will have a Fabulous time i promise and you will meet a lot of really nice people while you stand in your Queue waiting for your turn, because everyone makes the effort to get to know everyone. Hope this helps, see you there. Julie :lol::wub:

OMG... is anyone else as super excited as me at the mo???? :blink:

This will be my 1st Showmasters con but I've heard so many positive comments on this board that I'm sure

its going to be a great weekend :YAHOO:

Really looking forward to meeting you all :D

xxx

It is so unfair. I can not get excited yet as I have a 10K fun run on Saturday to do. After that tho, I only have one thing to look forward to.

As of sunday Morning, it will be "are we there yet, are we there yet......" Won't eat, sleep or do anything constructive other than pack and drive.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

Hi Milly,. Have been to quite a few conventions and to the Drinks Receptions and people tend to wear what they are wearing for the Theme party so wear what you want to, at the drinks reception the crew working for ME/SM bring the guests to you and introduce the Celeb guest to you. And during the Daytime the day normally starts around 9am and that involves the organisers announcing what is going on in the Hotel and Which room you need to be in for Autographs and Photos (This always happens in the morning) then we usually have the Guests talks in the Afternoon after lunch (Lunch is usually around 12.30 to 12.45 and is usually just over an Hour) , They do put up a full Schedule on the wall around the Hotel with Times and Were you need to be and it is very important you check these Schedules so you dont miss your Turn. You will be given a plastic tag with your number on (its the number on your letter) and a chain so you can wear it around your neck, if you dont show this when you go for an Autograph or Photo you wont be allowed in the Queue (So wear it all the time, i swing mine around when having the photos done so its not on the photo) You will have lots of fun as everyone is so friendly and helpful, when it comes to Autographs and Photos do wear flat comfy shoes as there is a lot of standing around involved. But you will have a Fabulous time i promise and you will meet a lot of really nice people while you stand in your Queue waiting for your turn, because everyone makes the effort to get to know everyone. Hope this helps, see you there. Julie :D;)

Thanks Julie, that's helpful!