something new for this con

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are planing to run this event a bit different than the other event we run

as there are only around 12 people you can get as guest for this con and as they are all UK based we are going to try to book at least 8 guests for this event if we have the interest and ticket sales we will go for it and book as many guest we can so help us get the word out there and lets get this event on its way

jason :YAHOO::dance:

Can I just clarify something? The standard ticket says that you are entitled to '1 free autograph from each guest' and '1 free photo of each guest attending the show' and both specify to a maximum of 7 guests. As you hope to get more than 7 guests (if sales go well), does this mean we will need to pay for any additional autographs beyond the free 7? This also applies to Silver and Gold tickets.

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly I'm sure you know but I thought I'd clarify that '1 free photo of each guest attending the show' means an 8x10 picture of the guests to get signed NOT a photo WITH the guests.

The caveat of 7 is there purely as a legal thing and to prevent complaining!

Previously the website just said "1 free autograph from each guest" and "1 free photo shoot with each guest" for silver and gold. We then had the Hub where only 6 out of the 10 guests had single photo shoots and a number of people complained saying that this wasn't fair and it was never mentioned there was a limit. Also 2 of the guests were extra for autographs too.

So to cover themselves from this kind of thing. ME have added the caveat that it's a max of 7 guests. It's so if ME do have a sponsored guest(s) (that are an extra and have to be paid for) it's stated up front that you are only guaranteed 7 so people can not complain again. If a guest is a sponsored guest they will be announced as so.

The same thing with photo shoots. If we have 12 guests it's very unlikely we'll have time to have all of them do individual photo shoots. It likely only 7 or 8 will have individual shoots. So again to cover this they've added that caveat to the website.

At Hub 2 we had 9 guests and ALL were included. BTL it has been confirmed that ALL guests announced so far will be included.

So basically it's likely all guests will be included.

Edited by Too Tall

Firstly I'm sure you know but I thought I'd clarify that '1 free photo of each guest attending the show' means an 8x10 picture of the guests to get signed NOT a photo WITH the guests.

The caveat of 7 is there purely as a legal thing and to prevent complaining!

Previously the website just said "1 free autograph from each guest" and "1 free photo shoot with each guest" for silver and gold. We then had the Hub where only 6 out of the 10 guests had single photo shoots and a number of people complained saying that this wasn't fair and it was never mentioned there was a limit. Also 2 of the guests were extra for autographs too.

So to cover themselves from this kind of thing. ME have added the caveat that it's a max of 7 guests. It's so if ME do have a sponsored guest(s) (that are an extra and have to be paid for) it's stated up front that you are only guaranteed 7 so people can not complain again. If a guest is a sponsored guest they will be announced as so.

The same thing with photo shoots. If we have 12 guests it's very unlikely we'll have time to have all of them do individual photo shoots. It likely only 7 or 8 will have individual shoots. So again to cover this they've added that caveat to the website.

At Hub 2 we had 9 guests and ALL were included. BTL it has been confirmed that ALL guests announced so far will be included.

So basically it's likely all guests will be included.

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up :YAHOO: (yeah, I did realise that the photo thing referred to the photos that Massive Events very kindly provide for us in our registration packs) :drool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...