New Pre-Orders Autographs serves now being run in house by ourselves

showmasters

This is all great but what about the Midlands show,id post elswhere but there is no thread for Mid yet and its clear now why.

Jason has stated there will be only 1 Midlands show this year in this very thread included in a reply to a member.

Can we please have some kind of official announcment.Its a bit like when we got to hear about the Manc show being axed on the Heroes convention thread first.

I just would like to know if ive got another show to go to this year that doesnt involve 4 + hours on a train.

Why go off topic ?

As for spending 4+ hours on a train, are'nt you the lucky one. I'm used to spending in certain cases longer than that, I've now been sitting on a train since 6pm tonight, and don't arrive back home yet for another 45 mins. THen I've got to get from the station to my house.

As for the service being offered, I think it's a good idea, as there's always those who say they want an auto but can't make the event the guest they want is at . The price is quite reasonable considering all the processes that would have to be in place to offer such a service.

Someone has to process the orders, then at the event, someone else has to go to each guest with the requests, get them fulfilled, then they've got to be enveloped( with the cost of envelopes to keep the photo from being damaged ) and finally posted out to you.

Edited by gebes

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF?? That isn't logic- it makes no sense! You use MSPG, and yet see this (cheaper and more reliable) service as WORSE?! Do you honestly expect SM to keep it the same price as those meeting them in person would pay? If they do that, hundreds of people would skip going to the show altogether as they are a fan of the "squiggle", not of the real person, and SM would lose out on other profits and entrance fees. SM need to make a profit to live and continue doing the shows believe it or not!

Dont use bad language to me - its not cheaper for me thats all I'm saying. I know they have to make something on it. What YOU say makes no sense to me!!!!!

Why go off topic ?

As for spending 4+ hours on a train, are'nt you the lucky one. I'm used to spending in certain cases longer than that, I've now been sitting on a train since 6pm tonight, and don't arrive back home yet for another 45 mins. THen I've got to get from the station to my house.

Why go off topic?

Its mentioned in this thread.

Theres no Midlands thread.

Work it out.

Also I said 4+ hours on the train,i didnt mention the 1 hr bus ride to the train station before ive even got on the train.

I think its quite big news the first mention of a cancellation of a show in this thread for people who dont live down south and its probably a good job this service has been announced as i wont be travelling 6 hours like you have to do in "certain cases" for the usual 2 - 3 guests that float my boat.

The Midlands show came in handy after the cancellation of the Manchester shows.

However to travel down to London etc and to have everything wrapped up in under 2 hrs no matter how hard i try to spread things out after travelling 6 hours + to get there it isnt worth it no matter who is on.

So to bring this back to topic as i said before its a good job this service has been announced in the light of Manchester and now it appears Midlands being axed for now.

I apolgise if ive mis read Jasons comment but it looks like i havent,im just surprised no ones commented on this.

Maybe the usual suspects are stuck on a train too.

Edited by Phantom

Roj, did you ever use MSPG before? Did you ever consider it? Read my previous post. If you don't have it personalised, you save £5 from before. If you do have it personalised, it's the same. Are you really going to be selfish enough to complain so much about it to the point where Jason is fed up and decides not to do it?!

Oh btw, if you want to carry on being difficult, just ignore this as you did my last post and keep moaning for the sake of it. Waste of SM's time to argue with you rather than get decent guests!

whatever lizzy... :wub: did you actually read what i said???? I gave my opinion about how I won't use it and how some will but to offer the signed photos on the online shop for ease especially when people want to see the photos first.... i thought that ws a good idea, TP do it.... you seem to be making personal attacks on me now....

Edited by Roj Walker

• Showmasters Admin

Why go off topic ?

Why go off topic?

Its mentioned in this thread.

Theres no Midlands thread.

Work it out.

Also I said 4+ hours on the train,i didnt mention the 1 hr bus ride to the train station before ive even got on the train.

I think its quite big news the first mention of a cancellation of a show in this thread for people who dont live down south and its probably a good job this service has been announced as i wont be travelling 6 hours like you have to do in "certain cases" for the usual 2 - 3 guests that float my boat.

The Midlands show came in handy after the cancellation of the Manchester shows.

However to travel down to London etc and to have everything wrapped up in under 2 hrs no matter how hard i try to spread things out after travelling 6 hours + to get there it isnt worth it no matter who is on.

So to bring this back to topic as i said before its a good job this service has been announced in the light of Manchester and now it appears Midlands being axed for now.

I apolgise if ive mis read Jasons comment but it looks like i havent,im just surprised no ones commented on this.

Maybe the usual suspects are stuck on a train too.

I'm sorry but how is not having a second Midlands show a "cancellation" ???

When were you ever told that there WOULD be a second show? Did you just assume there would be? There has never been an official SM announcement saying that there will be 2 midlands shows this year as far as I am aware, and there has never been any other dates announced so why would you think there EVER WAS going to be another Midlands event?

It isn't an event cancellation as you are calling it. You just assumed there would be a second Midlands event and it is not SM's fault you did that.

People complain all the time about there being too many shows, and given the recession going on I wouldn't blame SM for cutting back this year, only doing one Glasgow, and one Midlands. If an event has never been announced as having a second date, why assume it has one? It's not "being axed for now" if it was never planned.

SJ

x

• Moderators

There is usually a price list pinned to the top of an event section yes. Usually a few weeks before an event.

Like this one:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49563

:D

Yes that one. I figured people might be able to find it themselves. Stop showing off. We need them to learn, not to be pushed around by smart spam people like you :D

Edited by DavidB

• Showmasters Admin

There is usually a price list pinned to the top of an event section yes. Usually a few weeks before an event.

Like this one:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=49563

:D

Yes that one. I figured people might be able to find it themselves. Stop showing off. We need them to learn, not to be pushed around by smart spam people like you :D

It was an example, jeeeeez!

If you don't behave I'll delete your posts! :D Haha.

SJ

xox

Can I just say that MSPG have always been great with me where prices are concerned. In principle this idea is ggreat but I still think its a little too expensive for me.

But this idea is the same price as MSPG (if you have personalisation) or a fiver cheaper (if you don't have personalisation). So how can this idea be "too expensive" when it's the same price or less than a service you describe as "great with me"? Genuine question - I really don't understand your logic.

My Logic as you say, is that because I am a good customer, I was paying the same price as if I was there. Therefore, only paying £15.

THATS my logic!

So, when you used MSPG you were effectively getting a discount of £10 per autograph, meaning that you were actually paying the same price as charged to attendees at the show? In that case I can see your point, but since you were arguing from a point of having a discount that none of the rest of us knew about, you can presumably understand how other folk found your logic to be rather opaque?

Given that the MSPG discount you got was an unpublicised deal, who's to say you might not be able to negotiate something here if you were buying significant quantities?

Sorry to be blunt about this, but if you don't like the service that Jason is offering, you don't have to take it up, do you? The fact that personalizations are more expensive is logical to me - someone has to write them down, the guest takes longer to do it, and (and this is the critical part) they have to make sure that the right one gets sent to you. For non-personalized items, they are 'fungible' i.e. it doesn't matter which one they send to you. For personalized items, they have to track them, which takes time.

As for personal items, I can completely understand why SM don't want to take responsibility for them. If I were them, I wouldn't either.

travelling 6 hours + to get there

Phantom, I think we've done this in a seperate thread, but I don't know where you live such that it takes you 6 hours to get to London. I mean, I'm not kidding, I've made it from downtown Milan to my front door in a lot less than that. From your posts, I'm assuming that you live somewhere near to Manchester?? How on earth does it take you six hours to get to Earls Court? :dance::YAHOO:

Phantom's Transport

7177267_4cf45ae69b.jpg

Edited by MikeDonovan

• Showmasters Admin

This is all great but what about the Midlands show,id post elswhere but there is no thread for Mid yet and its clear now why.

Jason has stated there will be only 1 Midlands show this year in this very thread included in a reply to a member.

Can we please have some kind of official announcment.Its a bit like when we got to hear about the Manc show being axed on the Heroes convention thread first.

I just would like to know if ive got another show to go to this year that doesnt involve 4 + hours on a train.

all i said was there will only be one event in Midlands this year

and as its a new venue its hard to book two dates sometimes as you have to get the dates so this year we only plan to run one event there for Collectormaina

so now everyone can relax

jason

Talk about your can of worms!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth I think it's a great service Showmasters are offering. Lot's of us who work weekends or have trouble getting time off work will love using this. Yes, we'd all like to meet the guests in person, but some time real life gets in the way.

And for all the people that aren't happy about the price I'd suggest you take a look at what other similar shows from around the world charge...mega bucks.

I can also see where Showmasters are coming from about sending in your own items. If it was an unsigned photo you were sending then you wouldn't be too bothered about it going missing in the post. But could you imagine losing a photo of Spock and Kirk already signed by William Shatner?!!!

It's a sorry fact but things do get damaged and lost in the post and it's unfair to expect Showmasters to be worrying over fragile, expensive or unique items.

I would make one suggestion to this service. If it's possible show all the images that will be on offer for the guest to sign at the show. Letting people see what's on offer before they commit to buying might avoid some headaches.

Great idea Jason, just hope all the negativity isn't putting you off.

all i said was there will only be one event in Midlands this year and as its a new venue its hard to book two dates sometimes as you have to get the dates so this year we only plan to run one event there for Collectormaina

so now everyone can relax

jason

Thanks for reply.

Thats a shame there wont be another this year.

As for the young lady who who corrected me I along with many others assumed there was to be another Mid show later this year as there was 2 last year and many posted about the possibility of the next mid show being held again with the since confirmed Autographica at the Hilton.So it was easily done to confuse that there was to be another show this year.

I dont work behind the scenes or know how hard it is to get these things to work so i just assumed if Autographica can appear at the rather large and spacey Hilton hotel in Sept so too could CM.

So as i said before this service is timely.

And Mike D i was up and out for 7.30 a.m and arrived in Manchester for 8.30,left Manc at 8.40 and arrived in Mid for near 12 midday.I dont know what i can tell you.But it took me 4+ hours.So add another hour or so for Earls Court.I reckon with all the fannying about and putting everything it takes together to get there it hits 6 hours.It takes me less to get to Spain every year.

As for the picture of the bike.

Where can i get one?

Edited by Phantom

I'm probably being really thick here, but how do you go about ordering, I've been on the online shop and there is nothing there. Is it just e-mail that we send or is there a form to fill in as I think you might want the money up front.

If this has already been aswered I apologise,

I can also see where Showmasters are coming from about sending in your own items. If it was an unsigned photo you were sending then you wouldn't be too bothered about it going missing in the post. But could you imagine losing a photo of Spock and Kirk already signed by William Shatner?!!!

It's a sorry fact but things do get damaged and lost in the post and it's unfair to expect Showmasters to be worrying over fragile, expensive or unique items.

Exactly - and stuff does get lost (or damaged) in the post occasionally, even when sent by insured and signed-for post. Can you imagine the hullabaloo if somebody's poster with a dozen sigs already on it got lost or creased or water-damaged? Not to mention people who would moan "but I wanted them to sign it in that particular spot with this coloured pen" - a world of pain indeed. Plus with the service as proposed, all SM would need to worry about packing for the show would be a standard foolscap folder with a load of 8 x 10s in maybe some with Post-It's attached for those that needed personalisation, and perhaps a master list of orders as a double check. Open it up to "send in what you want signed" and all of a sudden they end up having to transport a plethora of poster tubes, and models, and oversize flat pieces of card or paper; far too many things to keep track of, it needs a small (or not so small!) crate to transport it all, and you need to check everything in and out. And makes sure it gets signed correctly. Absolute nightmare. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

I would make one suggestion to this service. If it's possible show all the images that will be on offer for the guest to sign at the show.

Requires more effort by SM. and introduces another potential source of error, but might be worth trying. Might have to put a restriction on it, like images only guaranteed if you order more than 72 hours (or whatever) before the show. Just in case you get a huge run on one image right at the end of pre-orders and can't get enough done in time.

And Mike D i was up and out for 7.30 a.m and arrived in Manchester for 8.30,left Manc at 8.40 and arrived in Mid for near 12 midday.I dont know what i can tell you.But it took me 4+ hours.So add another hour or so for Earls Court.I reckon with all the fannying about and putting everything it takes together to get there it hits 6 hours.

Saturday morning, 0835 from Manchester Piccadilly gets into London Euston at 1104. On a good day the tube will have you at Earls Court by 1130; generally it would have you there by noon. That looks like 4 to 4.5 hours from your 0730 start, not 6.

• Moderators

Just to note that I know a fair few guests actually bring along their own photos for signing, as they use them regularly at show appearances. So it's not necessarily down to Showmasters, and this would make it trickier.

Saturday morning, 0835 from Manchester Piccadilly gets into London Euston at 1104. On a good day the tube will have you at Earls Court by 1130; generally it would have you there by noon. That looks like 4 to 4.5 hours from your 0730 start, not 6.

Ok so MAYBE the trains run a little faster and on time since i last went to London a few years back.

Still its a lot of travel for something im done and dusted with in an hour and a half.

So for the third time thanks for this Pre order service.

Edited by Phantom

Wow, that was not fun to read.

Thanks Showmasters for offering this service! I was dying to come for Nathan but I just can't afford it what with the travel etc, so this is great! And to get a personalisation too! Even better, I don't know anywhere else that will do that for you.

Try to ignore the haters, I don't know what their problem is. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple.

Thanks Showmasters!

Requires more effort by SM. and introduces another potential source of error, but might be worth trying. Might have to put a restriction on it, like images only guaranteed if you order more than 72 hours (or whatever) before the show. Just in case you get a huge run on one image right at the end of pre-orders and can't get enough done in time.

Was thinking when Showmasters announces guests they could list all the photos that would be available to sign on the forum. But as DavidB pointed out, a lot of guests bring their own photos.

Just thought it might help prevent some problems.