New Pre-Orders Autographs serves now being run in house by ourselves

showmasters

we ask that you tell us what photo you will want your auto on if its to rare and we do not have one it will not be signed and you will get a full refunded or you can give us an option of which image you would want thats the beast we can do sorry if you have a rare image you want to get singed then its best you come along your self to the event or give to someone that s going to the event

hope this helps

jason :dance:

Cheers.

If the service runs ill be using it whenever a Hammer star appears at a show i cant attend for any reason.Ill just have to take a gamble on the stills.This sounds like pain in the a*** but are you saying i can email stills and say in an Andy Pipkin style say "i want THAT one!" ?

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SM I appreciate the comments and fully understand the idea behind the charges. However, I still cannot see why you need to charge an extra £5 for an item to be dedicated. It is not in my nature to ruffle feathers, but on this topic I feel the urge to voice my opinion.

You state that people are paid etc... so just how much does a person get paid to ensure items are correctly signed, with correct spelling etc? How was this figure calculated? There must be a break down that demonstrates how you arrived to this figure? I have used many other websites that obtain autographs in the past (including MSPG) and I have never been charged additional money for a dedication! I fully understand the additional money on top of the autograph price as you are paying for the service. But sorry I cannot understand the dedication price.

I applauded and thankful of the service you provide, which enables me to meet many guests but not this time.

i do not think me going into a complete brake down off all the costs and time managment but i will just say two thinks

1 its what we think we need to cover to make it work and not to loose money and i will also point out that most of the event we charge for the entry and this income helps to make the event pay for its self and the guest that come to and this price helps to not under cut the price of coming to the event , as we do not want less people to come to the event as this is what helps keep the event working and brings in the income it need to make it cover the cost of the show .

2 you talk about (MSPG) and how you have never been charged additional money for a dedication, but MSPG charge £10 if you want a dedication or not so in a way you have paid for it anyway if you need it or not so at least this way you get a Choice

i hope you can see were we are coming from on this

jason :dance:

Jason, I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject :D It would be a good idea if you could submit your own items, although I appreciate it carries a "risk" which you can cover with a disclaimer stating that they are submitted at the customers risk and all items to be sent (to SM and from SM to customer) via recorded delivery. You could add a few ££ to the price to cover the additional needs for looking after the item.

i know i was a bit :| when it said £5 personailsed, but now iv read through what jasons said about ti all i can completely understand the extra charge! and tbh it'll still save you money that u dont have to pay out to a hotel/travell.. and im sure all of you know, it CAN be complicated just getting one thing personalised nevermind like 30 or somthing. If i need this service after jasons explanation, i think id be happy to pay a little extra, knowing its gunna be done and in good hands.

Jason, perhaps you should have written it like this:

"Previously, MSPG gave a service for you to pre-order autographs with a £10 charge ontop of the normal price, plus £2 postage. We ourselves are now going to run this service, for the same price, but if you do not wish for your autograph to have a personalisation, you will get a £5 discount off this cost."

You're doing exactly the same as MSPG, but better (and a hell of a lot more reliable). However, people see the extra £5 as a rip off and are complaining. But they are complaining that they can't use MSPG anymore, despite problems with that service. People complain for the sake of complaining! Ffs people, see the real picture here! They are basically offering you £5 DISCOUNT off what you would normally be happy to spend on a pre ordering service if you don't want a personalisation. You are guaranteed to get what you want, or your money back. For £5, you are saving £50 a night in a hotel, £50 travel, £10/£80 entrance. Think of the bigger picture people!!

Jason, good idea, and I shall deff use in future :)

• Showmasters Admin

Jason, I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject :D It would be a good idea if you could submit your own items, although I appreciate it carries a "risk" which you can cover with a disclaimer stating that they are submitted at the customers risk and all items to be sent (to SM and from SM to customer) via recorded delivery. You could add a few ££ to the price to cover the additional needs for looking after the item.

we are so not going to permit people to submit your own items to be signed , its a nightmere just waiting to happen and i really do not want all the issues on here if we lost something that was not ours

i hope you can understand this, and we only want to help people and this is only going to worry us so we are not going to do this sorry

i want to get on with running event rather than this but we do feel its of help to the collectors and to provide a good serves, its best done in house so this is the way forward we think works for everyone

take care

jason

I cant believe some people cant take this as exactly what it is.................

A service to provide autographs for those unable to go to events, and appreciate the chance to get genuine autos .

It will either be to your liking or not and if it isnt, why moan, just dont use the service.

:D

So MSPG charging £10 on top for just an auto was ok, but charging only £5 on top for a personalisation is out of order? How does that work?

He could have said show cost + £5 for everyone, personalisations optional and made more money.

I cant believe some people cant take this as exactly what it is.................

A service to provide autographs for those unable to go to events, and appreciate the chance to get genuine autos .

It will either be to your liking or not and if it isnt, why moan, just dont use the service.

:blink:

Well said. :smile:

if you do not think its worth it to you please do not go for it

Don't worry i'm Not going to....

Some of the stuff showmasters are posting is really below the belt TBH, they rely on fans so if you post something then fans will make comments and provide have constructive critism then you will get it right, having a pop at us all doesn't create great PR or make us bothered to attend these events to support you.

I don't agree with it, but some do

Edited by Roj Walker

• Showmasters Admin

but it ok to have a pop at us is it maybe if jesterrace had not called us "Hitlers" then maybe we might have seen it as constructive critism which he soon turned into in to something other than that

and thats why i have had to go though all this rubish as its not good PR

i do not see why people do not see it for what it is a serves and infact you are saving up to £5.00 if you do not want a dedcation

jason

Some of the stuff showmasters are posting is really below the belt TBH, they rely on fans so if you post something then fans will make comments and provide have constructive critism then you will get it right, having a pop at us all doesn't create great PR or make us bothered to attend these events to support you.

I don't agree with it, but some do

And your stuff isn't.

They are trying to provide a service. they don't have to, no one is making them.

Why should they try to help out ppl when they get attacked for it.

Edited by Road runner

I think when a service is offered , it should not be on a thread to get abuse like some of these posts

It should be announced with a link to the shop and if anyone has a genuine query about it they should email in and not come on and be nasty for sake of it.

Otherwise you use it or not thats the option

Jason, leave them to it

I see the new show is announced, I like Being Human :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

look ROJ

i know you have issues and i must say we do let you say your pice but and do give you the freedom of speech you asked for on { Nov 1 2008, 11:13 PM }

but really this is not an argument you are going to win, as we are doing it cheeper than it was before and the serves will be run better

and i looked back on your posts and i know you are a fan just like us but please do not keep having a dig at us just because you are unhappy about the pricing at the cons were in the past 10th plant used to let you get 3 things signed for free , this is just not posable to keep this up anymore as all the Dr Who guests are now asking for more money than they did 5 years ago becaus Dr Who is much bigger now and they just want more

its the way of things and i know you think its just us joining up with 10th planet that did this but what you forget is that they did go bust and it was because they gave to much vaule to the fans and could not sastain this

now we have joined up with them its been working and this meant together we can keep bringing you some amazing guests and keep running god fun event for people like you :dance:

so i hope you can see its not us trying to make more money out of the fans but its more us trying to keep running theses event with lots of new guests and serve the fans for years to come

jason

Roj, did you ever use MSPG before? Did you ever consider it? Read my previous post. If you don't have it personalised, you save £5 from before. If you do have it personalised, it's the same. Are you really going to be selfish enough to complain so much about it to the point where Jason is fed up and decides not to do it?!

Oh btw, if you want to carry on being difficult, just ignore this as you did my last post and keep moaning for the sake of it. Waste of SM's time to argue with you rather than get decent guests!

Hi, I think this is a very good idea. :) Well done Showmasters on thinking up another great way for people to get autographs. I, however, won't be purchasing any autographs through this method as part of getting the autograph for me is actually being able to meet the person but that doesn't stop anyone else and it's nice to know your expanding and widening your amount of customers for each convention which can only be a good thing. :dance:

Edited by Doctor Who

My last post was deleted. Can I just say that MSPG have always been great with me where prices are concerned. In principle this idea is ggreat but I still think its a little too expensive for me.

I don't understand. :smile: MSPG were show price + £10. This is either show price + £5 or show price + £10. At worst it's the same price, at best it's cheaper.

Can I just say that MSPG have always been great with me where prices are concerned. In principle this idea is ggreat but I still think its a little too expensive for me.

But this idea is the same price as MSPG (if you have personalisation) or a fiver cheaper (if you don't have personalisation). So how can this idea be "too expensive" when it's the same price or less than a service you describe as "great with me"? Genuine question - I really don't understand your logic.

Great idea. I do love to meet the guests but as I cant make CM15 and there are a couple of guests Id love to get autographs off I will make use of this service. Thank you Jason and Mark.

This is all great but what about the Midlands show,id post elswhere but there is no thread for Mid yet and its clear now why.

Jason has stated there will be only 1 Midlands show this year in this very thread included in a reply to a member.

Can we please have some kind of official announcment.Its a bit like when we got to hear about the Manc show being axed on the Heroes convention thread first.

I just would like to know if ive got another show to go to this year that doesnt involve 4 + hours on a train.

Can I just say that MSPG have always been great with me where prices are concerned. In principle this idea is ggreat but I still think its a little too expensive for me.

But this idea is the same price as MSPG (if you have personalisation) or a fiver cheaper (if you don't have personalisation). So how can this idea be "too expensive" when it's the same price or less than a service you describe as "great with me"? Genuine question - I really don't understand your logic.

My Logic as you say, is that because I am a good customer, I was paying the same price as if I was there. Therefore, only paying £15. So this new system is going to cost more - its not for me but I can see how it would work for some.

THATS my logic!

WTF?? That isn't logic- it makes no sense! You use MSPG, and yet see this (cheaper and more reliable) service as WORSE?! Do you honestly expect SM to keep it the same price as those meeting them in person would pay? If they do that, hundreds of people would skip going to the show altogether as they are a fan of the "squiggle", not of the real person, and SM would lose out on other profits and entrance fees. SM need to make a profit to live and continue doing the shows believe it or not!