Dollhouse - UK Sci-fi Channel Pace

Dont really have much to specifically comment on about this weeks epi. I really enjoyed it though. I thought it was interesting seeing the dolls in their natural state I guess you could call it? Im not sure, but youll know what I mean anyway im sure.

I liked learning a little about some of the back storys. And once again the girlie romantic in me enjoyed watching the romance between victor and sierra.

Im still enjoying the little touches of humour they throw in, like the guy who thought theyd been abducted by aliens and victors comment that was something like 'yep, we're all gonna die' after they saw a doll.

I have to say though, something I picked up on this week that I hadnt thought about before, i wonder why some of the dolls have 'normal' names such as 'victor' but others have names such as 'echo' 'alpha' and unless I heard wrong, im sure that girl yesterday was called 'tango'

Edit: haha im liking the posting at the same time :thumbup:

Edited by ryano

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say though, something I picked up on this week that I hadnt thought about before, i wonder why some of the dolls have 'normal' names such as 'victor' but others have names such as 'echo' 'alpha' and unless I heard wrong, im sure that girl yesterday was called 'tango'

Edit: haha im liking the posting at the same time :thumbup:

It's the standard radio operators alphabet. The military use it when sending messages to ensure the correct message goes through.

Example: I'm trying to give some one the number plate of a vehicle - NX03 7PF

I would say 'November, X-ray, zero, three, seven, Papa, Foxtrot

See the Full Alphabet

You know the names thing didn't even cross my mind.

You know what did?

Was it just me or did there seem to be way more than 26 Dolls walking out of that place? There always seems to be way more that 26 dolls wandering around the dollhouse, so what do they call them?

Agreed. I think the show gets better every week.

Although i have to say the prize for most random scene goes to the fencing scene in this weeks episode. I just felt it came out of knowhere and didnt really have a purpose. But whatever.

The rest of the episode was great :headscratch:

I really enjoyed the structure of this weeks episode going one doll at a time. I thought it was interesting.

One question I do have though, why did Dominic set November/Millie to pass that message onto Ballard? Was it just to help him bring down the dollhouse?

Edited by ryano

One question I do have though, why did Dominic set November/Millie to pass that message onto Ballard? Was it just to help him bring down the dollhouse?

i don't think it was dominic that is passing messages to Ballard - i think this is someone else - we have not heard the last of this

Ep 9 - Spy in the house of love (yes I'm a day late again!!)

Actually really enjoyed this weeks ep. I watched it twice and it does make slightly more sense watching it the second time.

So we find out DeWitt is actually miss lonelyhearts, really it shouldn't have been a surprise and yet it was. Again I liked the play between DeWitt and Mr Dominic, the fact that she was so cold to his face when they found out he was a traitor but the fact she goes back to 'Rodger' and cries her heart out means that their friendship meant more to her. The relationship between DeWitt and Dominic was one of my favourite things of the series, I hope he come out of the attic!

I also think that there is another spy in the house, I don't think Mr Dominic was the person who sent the message to Ballard through November/Mellie.

Poor Ballard, your girlfriend is a Doll :D (By the way who deleted DeWitts activation message for November off Ballards answering phone last week?)

Liked Topher trying to teach Ivy the imprint speech.

Interesting that Echo is still evolving and developing on her own, offering to help. The Dolls shouldn't do that.

Eliza's performance - Oh what a shock we start the ep off with her barely dressed! Honestly!! You know my fav Tv Character Dom is Lady Heather from CSI, she never went round half dressed. Seriously no wonder people get the wrong impression about the D/S lifestyle. So not a note on her performance really which I actually liked but a note of the blasted rubbish costume designer!! I liked Eliza this week, it's funny but I really like her playing the Echo character more that most of the other people she does.

Oh and Enver Gjokaj who plays Victor is official my favourite Doll after this week. How good was that accent plus he really came across as an older, mature man. I think I've said it in an earlier post but He really is a great find, hope to see him in more things

really starting to like this show now, at first i thought it was just a rip off of other shows but each week it gets better and better.

the only character i dont like is Ballard dont know might just be the way he is written but im more interested in the dollhouse side really like the wee bits of back stories we get but is it just me or does anyone else think that dewitt might have or is a doll as well. she seems to relate more to them than the others.

the only character i dont like is Ballard dont know might just be the way he is written

You see, I really like Ballard but I can't place why. I think his character is interesting and we don't know much about him either so I'd like us to find out more.

The thing Im really enjoying is that each week I sit down and wait for it to start and think, what can they do thats different this week? And each episode does manage to bring something different to the table.

I didnt know whether it was getting a second season or not so thanks for the info dude. Im glad it is too :lol:

On a more specific note about last nights episode, awwww Topher! Hes been my favourite character for a while now and last night I just wanted to give him a hug!

Ep 10 - Haunted

Excellent ep. Very interesting question about people living forever.

Loved Eliza in this ep, the writers should pay more attention because she is able to act, she doesn't need to act like a airhead whose half dressed.

I felt so sorry for Topher, having to imprint a friend to celebrate his birthday. Its just a highlight of how lonely working for the dollhouse would be because you can talk to anyone.

Was slightly missing Mr Dominic this week.

Edited by welcome_earthling

cool ep last night!!! it mostly set it up nicely for next week, i can't wait

does anyone when season 2 will be shown on sci fi i know it starts end of sept in the US but dont know when for here???

anyone else seen ep13 the unaired one??? its so cool and kinda scary future

Ep 1.11 - Briar Rose

Gotta love Alan Tudyk!! Does a brill job of playing a nut case :)

Clearly this ep was a set up for next weeks ending.

Fav moment of the ep - Victor having Mr Dominc download into him. The actor was amazing!! He had all the timings and manerisms just right. 'Oh my god who am I in, am I in Victor?'

See he called the Doc 'Whiskey' so hopefully we find out next week if she really is a doll.

The unaired episode will be aired over here though wont it? Im sure I read that somewhere.

Which means we only have 2 episodes left, correct? I'll be quite sad when its finished.

Anyway back to this week.

I thought this weeks episode was brilliant. Like people have said it was really well acted, and I for one did NOT see the whole Alpha twist coming. I was like, what the hell? When he stepped out the shadows and wasnt really nervous any more.

Roll on next week -_-

The Dude pretty much summed up all my thoughts there :)

Also another thing to add, i really noticed tonight more than before, the quality of the acting. I dont know actor names, but Topher and Alpha particularly stood out to me. (Especially Alpha as I still think of him as the pirate guy from dodgeball :( )

also agree with the dude!

what an episode got to love echo as the dumb pyscho at the start brilliant play between her and alpha the quality of acting from all just seems to get better as the series went on.

my only let down was the bounty hunters disappeared after 2 seconds would have prefered to see them all after alpha.

come on season 2 - should be very interesting to watch