Dollhouse - UK Sci-fi Channel Pace

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got really confused and thought last weeks episode was the finale. Oh well.

Im not really sure how I felt about the finale to be honest. Once again I thought it was really well acted, especially that little girl. But I found myself struggling to care about the characters and what was going on.

Im guessing series 2 will be all about the 2019 characters searching for the safe haven, but I dont really want that to happen. I dont like change and without a doubt i prefer the series 1 characters.

Only time will tell though I guess.

I actually got really confused and thought last weeks episode was the finale. Oh well.

Im not really sure how I felt about the finale to be honest. Once again I thought it was really well acted, especially that little girl. But I found myself struggling to care about the characters and what was going on.

Im guessing series 2 will be all about the 2019 characters searching for the safe haven, but I dont really want that to happen. I dont like change and without a doubt i prefer the series 1 characters.

Only time will tell though I guess.

"Epitaph One" is the unaired 13th episode, This episode first became available on DVD and Blu-Ray

The episode was not aired due to some contractual obligations with the FOX Network, something about needing 13 episodes for the DVD release, i quote "While FOX renewed the show for a second season, they still have no intentions of broadcasting "Epitaph One." Due to FOX's decision not to air "Epitaph One," 20th Century Fox opted to promote the episode as a special incentive to buy the DVD and Blu-Ray set releases of the Dollhouse's first season, in which the episode, and the original unaired pilot, are both included"

a lot of the episode was used as hints to where the future of the show may or may not take in the next season

the dude :thumbup:

think this might help you understand a bit-

basically its set in the future were the dollhouse technology of imprinting a person has gone way out of control and against people's free will which is why the people are trying to find a safe place and come across the dollhouse building underground.

cut to flash backs which may have lead up to this future via the chair- (which maybe its just me but could we have been seeing dewitt imprints cause mostly the scene would have been from her point of view apart from victor/sierra and the doctor/other people and then obivously when caroline's full imprint at the end)

not to sure what the end bit was all about myself - with the butchers chasing them and the ladder to nowhere but overall for me great ep very good as a stand alone ep which could have wrapped it all nicely up if there was no season 2 and again great acting from all.

i personally cant wait for season 2 to start (dont think its set in the future just again the events leading up to - basically the dark side of the company as a whole)

Hello all

I've been away so just watched the last two eps.

Ep 1.12 - Omega

Some how felt a bit disapointed with this ep. For the build up to the Alpha storyline this was just a bit anti-climatic.

Alan Tudyk was amazing as ever, I don't think I've ever seen him play a bad part. (bad as in played the part not as in played an evil character!)

Poor Victor!!! :(

Loved the way the showed the Doc was really Whiskey!! When you see her dancing in the light you really think it might be Echo until the reveal, clever.

Should have seen Ballard joining the Dollhouse, oh wait I did!! It was kinda obvious! Although it was cute that he bargined Mellie/November out of her contract earlier. I hope she reappears.

See Whiskey/Doc is having a bit of a break down. Did any one else get the impression from Whiskey/Doc's last talk with Topher that they know each other from before she was a doll or something like that. And Topher is feeling the negative aspect of working for the Dollhouse.

Didn't any one else just get really annoyed at 'Omega'!! I know I was. So ok Alpha was a bit of a nutter for a start being a criminal and everything but adding all those imprints just made him mental. Then there is Echo/Omega and oh look adding those imprints just makes her amazing. So one sided!! Then of course they managed to save the Caroline imprint, boring. You know I would have prefered to see the Caroline imprint distroyed and then Echo develop into her own person.

~~~

Ep 1.13 - Epitaph One

See they used the Ginger lass from Buffy and DR Horriable. And the other lass is she from Buffy as well, willows girlfriend?

Can't decide if I like this ep. I think it would have worked as a Finale if there was going to be no season 2 but to me it just seems to have been so out of place from the rest of the season.

It was nice to see some of the flashbacks such as Topher joining and him basicly going mad because it sounded like it was his idea that ended the world.

Nice to see Mr Dominic back but what exactly was the point in bringing him back, he wasn't there for a purpose in the story line.

They never explained exactly what it was that stopped people from being imprinted or how Caroline was apart of that.

Whiskey was so sad, she stayed behind to help other and because she wanted to wait for Boyd to come back but guess she realised that was never going to happen so she wiped herself.

All in all I think they should have kept this ep under wraps and only released it as a special ep when the series was finally cancelled. I think the main problem I had with it is that it seemed like a 2 hrs special compressed into less than an hr and that meant lots cut out of it.

I personally would have been fine with not seeing the ep at all

from Digital Spy - season update

Sci Fi has announced plans to air the second season of Dollhouse within weeks of US broadcast.

The new run of 13 episodes will air on the channel from Tuesday, October 20, starting with a double-bill premiere. The move means that UK airings of the series will be just three weeks behind the US.

cant wait :dance:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...