Favourite Season of Lost so far?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Season of Lost so far?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5

Ah, I find it so hard to choose. I asked someone else to put the season's in order of favourite to least favourite and they couldn't, they could only say that Season 3 was their least, which I agree with.

For me my favourite is a toss up between 5 and 1, I think. Although Season 2 was superb too...

Um, sod it *goes for Season 5*

• Moderators

Based on re-watch value, I have to put S1 near the bottom. Mainly because it just doesn't hold up on repeat viewings for me. The mysterious aspect of it doesn't work as well now compared to first watching, and while it is a fantastic season, I think the writing is far better in later seasons.

I went for S4, mainly because I really think their writing has got so much stronger based on the 'end date' decision. Everything is tighter, everything has a purpose, and there's not many (any?) episodes that feel unnecessary. You certainly can't say that about previous seasons.

I can't even remember what the different seasons were lol, I think season 1 and 2 were good for the mystery, I think I remember not liking 3 as much but I can't remember why, 4 was good but different, 5 is great again :D I chose 5, and that decision was probably influenced by the ending of the finale which I watched last night :D

I think my order goes something like this...

...I really liked the third season, what with its focus on Ben & Juliet (my favourite characters). For me, the second season was the one that dragged a bit.

I think these last two seasons have outdone everything though. It's reached a whole new level of awesome :P

I chose 5, purely becuase every single episode left me sitting there thinking "that was awesome" :D I just loved every part of it, all the puzzle pieces coming together and all the moving through time parts. I think that it would then be season 1, 4, and 2, with season 3 at the bottom of the list. Season 1 was good because that is where it all started and it was so new and full of mysteries. It was so amazing; I watched it over and over again and I was hooked almost straight away :D

Edited by Laurenx

My god, this is tough. I instinctively thought my least favourite would be between 2 and 3, but 2 gave us Ben and Desmond, and 3 Juliet and the great twist finale. But that aside, I would have to say they were the weakest. But it's all relative!

First would be season 4 because every episode left me a wreck. The flash forwards blew my mind.

Okay it goes...

• Moderators

I remember LOVING season 2. And I don't think it was that weak a season.

If anything, the only thing that hindered it was the slightly repetitive nature of some of the episodes.

However I always remember loving the finale. That was awesome. But then Desmond has had some awesome moments since then anyway, probably even more awesome, so .. hmm tricky!

My god, this is tough. I instinctively thought my least favourite would be between 2 and 3, but 2 gave us Ben and Desmond, and 3 Juliet and the great twist finale. But that aside, I would have to say they were the weakest. But it's all relative!

First would be season 4 because every episode left me a wreck. The flash forwards blew my mind.

Okay it goes...

Our order is so similar. Our top 2 seasons are just swapped. It was very close between those 2 for me! :D

The introduction of the 'Tailies' in season 2 and seeing how differently their first few weeks on the island panned out was interesting, Ana Lucia, Mr Eko, Libby etc were nicely diverse characters but it was strange seeing them try to mix with the Losties whrn they eventually met up (probably didn't help with Shannon being killed by one of them!)

Season 3 was good in as much as we learned a lot more about The Others and it was scary just how in control Ben was of all the goings on, he just never seemed to put a foot wrong (same can't be said recently I suppose - how the mighty have fallen!) But for some reason the main thing I remember about season 3 is seeing Kate and Sawyer locked up in bear cages for what seemed like half the season.

Season 4 was an excellent change of pace and set us off in a definite direction towards explaining more about the island and gave us an indication as to how things were going to majorly change for the Losties, it was just a shame that there weren't more episodes - damn strike!

Season 1 is, and always will be an impressive start to the whole set of events that lead us to where we are today, although having just started to watch it again from scratch it is surprising how very little of the first season has anything at all to do with the ongoing story. I suppose it was really just to give viewers time to get to know all the characters properly and establish that all of the strange goings on meant that no one had a clue what would happen next.

Season 5 had such a strong storyline and purpose, as the seasons have progressed the flashbacks/flashforwards have gone from fairly irrelevant filler in some cases on to proper, necessary additions that tie in to current events.

For me I would have to say Season 5 was the best so far although I did really enjoy Season 2 - actually I just remembered something that bugged me for a while when I first saw it, Where did the children from the tail section which The Others kidnapped go? they certainly don't seem to be with them in the present day when the 'Locke' (who isn't Locke) was leading all of them to the temple to see Jacob.

• 4 weeks later...