Costume advice

Milly123

So, just wondering, what ARE people wearing to the backwards party? I mean regardless of wether it's back to front or inside out are you planning on wearing a ball gown or jeans and a t-shirt? I can't decide. The dresses I own are mainly backless so won't work and I don't really want to splash out on a frock that won't be seen as it's going to be worn the wrong way round! Help!

I've been wondering what to wear as well. I haven't really got anything suitable and don't want to spend a fortune on buying something especially.

Something from a charity shop sounds like a good idea. Either that or Primark, they're just as cheap.

The dresses I own are mainly backless so won't work

No that will work fine :thumbup:

Edited by Christoff

I'm not going to dress backwards :P I may wear a dress, but that IS backwards for me, as I never wear em :P

No idea what I'd wear.

Hang on - I still don't know if I'm going yet or not.

I'm now up to 90% sure.

Payday in 9 minutes :lol:

and the result is.....

good luck for today

Hmm the backwards theme is a tricky one I'm intrigued as to what people will be wearing. I@m sure my hubby will wear his t-shirt backwards or something but I'll jus be going as Debs Lister as mentioned in previous threads. Just realised this is a thread thread. Hmm...I knew I shouldn't have had that pint at lunchtime :o

Hmmm, well thanks. Prehaps I'll try ebay as I never have any luck with charity shops, sounds like a dress thing rather than jeans. I did wonder about going as a reverse brother or making all my hair stand on end as I've just been to the loo (like cat at the end of the ep). Anyway, back to the drawing board!

• 2 weeks later...

Reverse brother would be good! Or some bandages you can unveil to reveal an unbroken nose/tooth after an unrumble!

Hi Everyone,. I think my daughter had the same thought as she suggested wearing your clothes inside out as a unique way of being the Reverse Brothers, As she said its cheap to do and you can wear your casual clothes inside out (Or Reverse) without the expense of thinking about costumes and save money (Yippeeee) we all like to save money. As it wasn't the best idea for a Party Theme was it there were better Episodes to choose from,We could have had a Duane Dibbly party WOW we could have had fun dressing up for that. But we are stuck with Backwards. Hope my daughters suggestion helps :thumbup::WAVE::WAVE:

Currently watching Red Dwarf and gave me an idea (probably a stupid one though :unsure:)... What about a backwards Mermaid like in the episode Better than life :(

Currently watching Red Dwarf and gave me an idea (probably a stupid one though :P)... What about a backwards Mermaid like in the episode Better than life :P

If you've got the legs for it (or even if you haven't), go for it. :P:P

:jason: I won't be wearing it, just thought I'd just share my bad idea :D

That's a shame. Are you sure you can't be persuaded? :P

Lol well even if I could be, I don't have a giant fish head costume :P

Currently watching Red Dwarf and gave me an idea (probably a stupid one though :lol:)... What about a backwards Mermaid like in the episode Better than life :P

LOL that reminds me of the mermaid Craig Charles' character dated inshort-lived 90s ceomedy Captain Butler. The theme tune and the casting were the best things about it but it wasn't bad in places, if anyone else remembers it?

Slightly O/T but here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbjYTYH1N5Y

Quick Q for cosplayers - are you gonna be in costume all day i.e. the whole event or just in the evenings for the themed parties? Not sure whether to turn up in costume or not and if to bring any "normal" clothes with me lol

Hi Miss Adventure,. As my Son has 4 different outfits to Wear he will be in Costume all weekend (He is not a Cosplayer) and i will be in my normal clothes, So its what ever you are comfortable in that matters. I also think we need to see what the Weather forcast is going to be, if its going to be a Hot Weekend then maybe you wont want to be in Costume all day. I hope this helps you decide what to do. See you on Friday. Julie :D

Thanks for the advice Julie. I'm hoping it won't be boiling as I'll be in combats/PVC trousers but will take shorts as a precaution as you quite rightly pointed out if its hot I won't wanna be in costume all day :D

Might as well bring a suitcase rather than an overnight bag then and prepare for everything lol. See ya there :P

Thanks for the advice Julie. I'm hoping it won't be boiling as I'll be in combats/PVC trousers but will take shorts as a precaution as you quite rightly pointed out if its hot I won't wanna be in costume all day :firedevil:

Might as well bring a suitcase rather than an overnight bag then and prepare for everything lol. See ya there :WAVE:

Hi Miss Adventure, Have checked the weather for Friday and Saturday on the Local weather website for Bedford and on Friday its supposed to be 18c (64) and on Saturday 21c (70) B) , So you were right to pack your shorts i think Sunscreen may also be important. But knowing our british weather maybe a small umberella (lets hope they stay in our bags). I am glad i could help you with your dilema. See you soon. Julie :thumbup: