Are there any scenes in the movie that really bug you?

dayna

For me, there's a few. A couple of them in particular are.....after Bella finds out for sure that Edward is a vampire, the next day at school, she walks straight past him ignoring him and goes into the woods....why??? It just doesn't seem logical that she would go into the woods!

The other thing that bugs me, and it's more of a continuity error, is the scene on the cliff (not sure if that's the correct thing to call it) where Edward and Bella are discussing how Edward became a vampire etc. Have you noticed that there's 2 changes of clothes during the same scene??

lol i actually hav an explanation or wat mi opinion is on both those scenes.

1.for the first she probably went into the woods because she knew he wud follo her and because she needed to tlk with him privatly were there was no chance n e one else wud hear.

2. and as for the other scene. the outfit changes are probably to show that its over the period of a couple ov days adn theyve been getting to kno each other better, thats why its rainin one second and not the other.

but thats jus mi opinion im not bein all high and mighty lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The prom bugged me too - Edward would have heard Victoria's thoughts, therefore there would have either been a vamp showdown or they'd have made a quick exit.

And the fact there was none of the other Cullen's there was a disapointment.

2. The Biology feild trip. As wonderful as it was to get even a tiny little more of Jacksper in the movie - he shouldn't have been there with Alice. He was pretending to be older and in the year above Alice and Edward. Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie have graduated by New Moon, so he wouldn't have been on the same class trip as Alice and Edward.

3. I was at first really disapointed with the whole meadow scene and thought they had ruined it - and whilst the way they lay in the grass like a couple of corpses still bugs me (but makes me laugh on the commentary when they comment on it!) I do love the scene between the rocks when he says the line 'and so the lion fell in love with the lamb', there's something tender about the closeness there...I dunno.

4. WHY to they make Bella a vegetarian? I never got that...in the book the first meal she cooks Charlie is steak and potatoes...

There's probably other little niggles and as much as I do love the movie, I will always prefer the books no matter what. But sometimes I think you have to look at them as seperate things, different mediums and try not to compare too much - I know it's hard, but some things don't relate well from the page to the screen - eg it's hard to convey a thought from the page into a look or a few words or something onto the screen.

xC

1. The prom bugged me too - Edward would have heard Victoria's thoughts, therefore there would have either been a vamp showdown or they'd have made a quick exit.

And the fact there was none of the other Cullen's there was a disapointment.

2. The Biology feild trip. As wonderful as it was to get even a tiny little more of Jacksper in the movie - he shouldn't have been there with Alice. He was pretending to be older and in the year above Alice and Edward. Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie have graduated by New Moon, so he wouldn't have been on the same class trip as Alice and Edward.

3. I was at first really disapointed with the whole meadow scene and thought they had ruined it - and whilst the way they lay in the grass like a couple of corpses still bugs me (but makes me laugh on the commentary when they comment on it!) I do love the scene between the rocks when he says the line 'and so the lion fell in love with the lamb', there's something tender about the closeness there...I dunno.

4. WHY to they make Bella a vegetarian? I never got that...in the book the first meal she cooks Charlie is steak and potatoes...

There's probably other little niggles and as much as I do love the movie, I will always prefer the books no matter what. But sometimes I think you have to look at them as seperate things, different mediums and try not to compare too much - I know it's hard, but some things don't relate well from the page to the screen - eg it's hard to convey a thought from the page into a look or a few words or something onto the screen.

xC

I agree about seperating the 2 even though you can't help comparing them! It took me a few times before I could just see it as a fiilm rather than an adaptation! I'm gonna contradict myself and say that in some ways I liked the meadow scenes. Infact I think I know that scene better than any of the others in the film

It is true, it's very hard to convey a feeling, thought or look from page to screen. I think that's probably 1 of the reasons they didn't touch up on Jasper's talent! Although I do want them to, somehow, if possible as I love Jasper in BD when he's telling Bella to focus! Hee hee hee!

Oh another thing that annoyed me was in the baseball scene

Edward was about to take Bella to the Jeep

and Carlisle said 'No, Edward, there's no time'

When there CLEARLY was enough time lol

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that scene!!

Gahh I can't believe no one has mentioned Edwards sparkling!!

It really bugs me, the fact he just looks...hairy :YAHOO:

And how it takes him about 5 seconds to button up his shirt again...

And everything else everyone has mentioned!!

Except the kitchen scene...

It made me laugh :P

OH and when he jumps out of the window...I turned to my mum who came to see it with me at the cinema for the first time and I actually said "Since when did Edward fly?!"

AND "You better hold on tight spider monkey" That made me chuckle but has anyone heard Kristen's little giggle?! Grr...

But then again...I'm not...I'm not a Kristen fan...XD

Is it just me or does she NEVER smile?! Bella smiles!!!!! ARGH...

AND has anyone noticed when James says "You brought a snack" and the cullens turn round and snarl and start growling...Who has noticed Rob's mouth...

It really annoys me every time I watch it XD

And Rosalie's stance...

And Jaspers...

And how when Alice throws the ball, in the book it is said to be unexpected and she just flicks her wrist and in the film she does this flamboyant professional throw...annoys me...

Erm...:dance:

I love the film but...

It could've been a whole lot better...=/

Aha this is longer than expected XD

XxxX

Edited by BiancaCullen

Gahh I can't believe no one has mentioned Edwards sparkling!!

It really bugs me, the fact he just looks...hairy :YAHOO:

And how it takes him about 5 seconds to button up his shirt again...

And everything else everyone has mentioned!!

Except the kitchen scene...

It made me laugh :P

OH and when he jumps out of the window...I turned to my mum who came to see it with me at the cinema for the first time and I actually said "Since when did Edward fly?!"

AND "You better hold on tight spider monkey" That made me chuckle but has anyone heard Kristen's little giggle?! Grr...

But then again...I'm not...I'm not a Kristen fan...XD

Is it just me or does she NEVER smile?! Bella smiles!!!!! ARGH...

AND has anyone noticed when James says "You brought a snack" and the cullens turn round and snarl and start growling...Who has noticed Rob's mouth...

It really annoys me every time I watch it XD

And Rosalie's stance...

And Jaspers...

And how when Alice throws the ball, in the book it is said to be unexpected and she just flicks her wrist and in the film she does this flamboyant professional throw...annoys me...

Erm...:dance:

I love the film but...

It could've been a whole lot better...=/

Aha this is longer than expected XD

XxxX

Yeah I wasn't impressed with the lack of sparkles! There should have been more....and not just on his chest! If you look closely his chest IS sparkling....it just looks kinda crappy!

Yeah to me the Bella in the book wasn't as moody as Kristen makes her out to be and yes in the book she def smiles more! Yeah I heard Kristen's giggle! That made me chuckle! Infact that's the happiest I've heard her! Lol!

lol I'm glad everyone else seems to have the same things annoy them as me!!

I did a project at uni about book to film adaptations and I dont think that helped coz I was just in complete comparison mode like "well that didnt happen, that wasnt like the book" etc.

But I've definitely got used to just seeing it as a film on it's own away from the book now - like how a lot of scenes are to introduce characters to the audience who wont have read the book - but so many things still get to me!

Have to disagree with the "monkey man" line lol. Love that! Maybe it's coz I'm an Emmett obsessive lol.

I'm not much of a Kristen fan so everything she does kinda bugs me lol. Definitely the hospital scene at the end - can she ever just get her words out properly?! Plus there's so much lack of emotion in important scenes. I'm worried about how she's going to portray Bella at the start at NW.

I dont like the Cullen house. I imagined it soo differently. Where's the grand staircase? How's Edward gonna fit a massive bed in his room?!

The prom should have been done in the school gym like the book.

The beach scene needed a campire.

Bella having a modern high-speed internet lap top!

That'll do for now lol.

xxxx

lol I'm glad everyone else seems to have the same things annoy them as me!!

I did a project at uni about book to film adaptations and I dont think that helped coz I was just in complete comparison mode like "well that didnt happen, that wasnt like the book" etc.

But I've definitely got used to just seeing it as a film on it's own away from the book now - like how a lot of scenes are to introduce characters to the audience who wont have read the book - but so many things still get to me!

Have to disagree with the "monkey man" line lol. Love that! Maybe it's coz I'm an Emmett obsessive lol.

I'm not much of a Kristen fan so everything she does kinda bugs me lol. Definitely the hospital scene at the end - can she ever just get her words out properly?! Plus there's so much lack of emotion in important scenes. I'm worried about how she's going to portray Bella at the start at NW.

I dont like the Cullen house. I imagined it soo differently. Where's the grand staircase? How's Edward gonna fit a massive bed in his room?!

The prom should have been done in the school gym like the book.

The beach scene needed a campire.

Bella having a modern high-speed internet lap top!

That'll do for now lol.

xxxx

Lol I totally agree with everything you said!

I imagined the house to be completely different to how it was in the film! Infact it WAS different in the book! Completely different! I always imagined it be like an old cottagey mansion kinda thing that had been done up!

I found out about the books after the film had started showing at the cinemas and because I was unable to go see it I consoled myself by reading the books.....I really wish I hadn't and had just been patient and waited for it to come out on DVD so I could have watched Twilight BEFORE reading the books lol! Ohhhh wellllll!

One more thing that REALLY bugs me is at the end where Edward says to bella something like 'I leave you alone for 2 minutes and the wolves descend'

It really annoys me because its so untrue to the book it hurts. The audience (and bella) shouldnt have been reminded about the wolf history. I just think it undermines new moon, and the whole mystery of whats going on with jacob.

The scene where Bella runs away from Alice and Jasper in the hotel bugs me. Bella managed to get away from them without Alice knowing it would happen through her ability, but the fact that this wasn't explained at all really bugged me. It looked weird that Bella just happened to get away even though Alice can predict the future. And the Edward and Bella scene in the woods was rather cheesy. LOL.

Edited by Laurenx

One more thing that REALLY bugs me is at the end where Edward says to bella something like 'I leave you alone for 2 minutes and the wolves descend'

It really annoys me because its so untrue to the book it hurts. The audience (and bella) shouldnt have been reminded about the wolf history. I just think it undermines new moon, and the whole mystery of whats going on with jacob.

That really bugs me too! At that point Edward isn't supposed to know that Jacob is going to become a werewolf and neither does Jacob but it gave me the impression that Jacob does know! That or he just doesn't like Edward which could be a possibility I suppose lol! There are cetain bits in the film that I think you have to have read the book to understand! Like the knowing glances between Carlisle and Edward when they find out about Waylan unless I'm reading into it BECAUSE of the fact that I've read the book but to me it looks like Edward was readiing Carlisle's mind!

The scene where Bella runs away from Alice and Jasper in the hotel bugs me. Bella managed to get away from them without Alice knowing it would happen through her ability, but the fact that this wasn't explained at all really bugged me. It looked weird that Bella just happened to get away even though Alice can predict the future. And the Edward and Bella scene in the woods was rather cheesy. LOL.

The hotel scene is just 1 of those scenes that should have been done the way it was in the book! I really hope they find a way to some how bring Jasper's talent into the films! Even if it means a narration from Bella!

'I leave you alone for 2 minutes and the wolves descend'

I ranted so much about that line, there was no need for it to be in the film at all, its horrible and makes me cringe so much lol

Lol that line made me chuckle but it was irrelevant! And unless you've read the books you don't see the irony in it!

Awww no I like it when Edward says "What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" lol!

That's my message tone. Haha! I loved that.

I loved the spider-monkey bit too. :P

Awww no I like it when Edward says "What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" lol!

That's my message tone. Haha! I loved that.

I loved the spider-monkey bit too. :P

Awww that's so cool that you have it as your message tone! The spider monkey bit was cute!

I hated the spider monkey bit untill I heard that Rob had come up with it after Cathrine gave him a list of things to say. So now it doesn't bother me too much, only because whatever Rob says is fine with me :D

I think they mention this on the dvd somewhere.

I hated the spider monkey bit untill I heard that Rob had come up with it after Cathrine gave him a list of things to say. So now it doesn't bother me too much, only because whatever Rob says is fine with me :lol:

I think they mention this on the dvd somewhere.

Ha ha ha yes it makes all the difference that Rob chose that line! Yes tis on the 2nd dvd I thnk along with Rob saying they adlibbed in the trees! I think it was Rob who said that....well I know it was about him lol.