Are there any scenes in the movie that really bug you?

dayna

For me, there's a few. A couple of them in particular are.....after Bella finds out for sure that Edward is a vampire, the next day at school, she walks straight past him ignoring him and goes into the woods....why??? It just doesn't seem logical that she would go into the woods!

The other thing that bugs me, and it's more of a continuity error, is the scene on the cliff (not sure if that's the correct thing to call it) where Edward and Bella are discussing how Edward became a vampire etc. Have you noticed that there's 2 changes of clothes during the same scene??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason for the change of clothing is to show that it's over a day or two. Remember in the book where he asks her allkinds of questions for a few days? Her favourite colour, her favourite food - all that stuff. I think with her, that's just her asking him allkinds - spread out over more than one day. That's only my assumption though.

I was kinda disappointed with the meadow scene. I felt it to be TOO cheesy and the way they're laying is a bit awkward!

There's a part in the movie that bugs me. At the prom at the end, check when Bella and Edward come in and they walk by the dj bit - Victoria is standing there with that hideous sheep-like coat on. Why wouldn't have Edward smelt/heard her and took Bella away pronto? That bugs me.

Other than that, I was okay with the movie. I enjoyed it. The books are always better so I wasn't expecting it to blow my socks off or anything! Lol. I thought it was cast really well! I loved all the eye candy. :YAHOO:

Edited by Kat84

I have to admit alot of Bellas scenes bug me lol(Im just not a huge fan of Kristen)...one scene that does bug me is at the end in the hospital, other than the tubes changing, when he's telling her he's gonna leave and she goes off on one and cant make proper sentences, that just really annoys me I cant really tell you why it just does lol :YAHOO:

I'm sure i will think of more.

Oh oh i just did....the scene "So the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a stupid lamb"...she puts no feeling into at all :YAHOO: that bugs me too lol

I was kinda disappointed with the meadow scene. I felt it to be TOO cheesy and the way they're laying is a bit awkward!

I was disappointed with that too, it was so built up in the book and it was ruined in the film :dance:

Edited by Jacobs_bint

"Do you think you could outrun me?"

It makes me laugh, and I don't think it's meant too.

The hotel bit too! It was my favourite scene in the whole book and they changed it too much and it didn't have any emotion to it whatsoever. The letter, the escape, the crying and huddling up in the bed with no lights on etc..where was all that?

Ahaha :)

the hospital scene where kristen was a stuttering mess bugged me

and how no one could see/smell/MIND READ Victoria

and DEF. the hotel scene :YAHOO: They could of made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was actually the scene I was most looking forward to before I saw the movie :YAHOO:

Jasper going to the toilets with Bella, and her running off, Edward alone at the airport etc.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Edited by CompletelyCullenized

and DEF. the hotel scene :clap: They could of made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was actually the scene I was most looking forward to before I saw the movie :D

Jasper going to the toilets with Bella, and her running off, Edward alone at the airport etc.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I was waiting for the awesome 'Bella running away' scene and it never happened...as if.

I asked everyone that when I was in the cinema and they all agreed that Edward should have been able to smell Victoria or hear her thoughts. It annoyed me that it looked like she was crying as well as we all knew that Twi-Vamps cannot cry. If I see a SINGLE tear from the Vamps in NM then you'll probs be able to hear my yelling in Forks lol.

The meadow and hospital scens annoyed me for the obvious reasons.

The kitchen scene, it was un-necessary. When Bella asked if she'd become the meal Edward laughed! He's not supossed to laugh at something like that :YAHOO:

Oh and:

Hold On Tight Spider-Monkey :YAHOO:

My Monkey Man :dance:

most scenes with Kristen in bugged me...the way she mumbels alot of her lines and i know this will sound sooo stupid but her mouth bothers me. she pulls stupid faces with her mouth and it uber pees me off!

I understand what you mean, she holds her mouth oddly, it makes her looks perminatly annoyed and/or stoned.

The running

I don't know what I had imagined, but not that.

I think also that the running is done at the start of the meadow scene instead of baseball scene.

I don't know, too many to mention, cos while I loved the film, I absolutely LOVE the books, so it will never be the same will it, there will always be favourite bits that we were looking forward to seeing and they just aren't there.

I know they can't do them all, but who wouldn 't have minded a 4 hour film! :D:WAVE:

The running

I think also that the running is done at the start of the meadow scene instead of baseball scene.

I don't know, too many to mention, cos while I loved the film, I absolutely LOVE the books, so it will never be the same will it, there will always be favourite bits that we were looking forward to seeing and they just aren't there.

I know they can't do them all, but who wouldn 't have minded a 4 hour film! :D:WAVE:

I sat through the extended Lord of The Rings. I'd sit through a four hour Twilight film...with 10 hours full of extras and comentary, I loves me comentary I do :huh:

and DEF. the hotel scene :D They could of made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was actually the scene I was most looking forward to before I saw the movie :WAVE:

Dude you and me are just in sync on every level! I agree with every point there.

Only to add to that would be

'you better hold on tight spider monkey'

I mean come on, seriously?

The meadow scene was a huge disappointment. I wanted the whole bit from the book where she strokes his arm and everything !

I was so annoyed when I saw no arm stroking! I wanted arm stroking! GAH, all they did was lie there like corpses. :D

See I actually love the bit when he says "You better hold on tight spider monkey" its so cute. I hate the bit when shes in the hospital bed stuttering and whatnot, and it makes me cringe the way Edward is stood when he says "As if you could outrun me" yikes.

Another thing that annoys me is when he says he will pick Bella up tomorrow when they're outside of his house but he doesnt say WHAT TIME!!! Hahahaha xx

Definately the meadow scene,

Victoria at the end,

And the fact that the hotel scene is so short.

Basically what everyone has mentioned!

and yes, My monkey man, as much as I love nikki, how annoying!??

I also think the special effects were a little cheesy, like the boat scene with Waylon, when Victoria pulls it, I think it looks quite amateur.

I think the reason for the change of clothing is to show that it's over a day or two. Remember in the book where he asks her allkinds of questions for a few days? Her favourite colour, her favourite food - all that stuff. I think with her, that's just her asking him allkinds - spread out over more than one day. That's only my assumption though.

There's a part in the movie that bugs me. At the prom at the end, check when Bella and Edward come in and they walk by the dj bit - Victoria is standing there with that hideous sheep-like coat on. Why wouldn't have Edward smelt/heard her and took Bella away pronto? That bugs me.

Other than that, I was okay with the movie. I enjoyed it. The books are always better so I wasn't expecting it to blow my socks off or anything! Lol. I thought it was cast really well! I loved all the eye candy. ;)

I assumed the scene was set over a couple of days too but then rethought that because at the beginning of the scene they were 1 set of clothes then a 2nd set when it's raining (I think that's when the clothes change) and then they change back to the 1st set of clothes! Lol!

I have to admit alot of Bellas scenes bug me lol(Im just not a huge fan of Kristen)...one scene that does bug me is at the end in the hospital, other than the tubes changing, when he's telling her he's gonna leave and she goes off on one and cant make proper sentences, that just really annoys me I cant really tell you why it just does lol :D

I'm sure i will think of more.

Oh oh i just did....the scene "So the lion fell in love with the lamb, what a stupid lamb"...she puts no feeling into at all :dance: that bugs me too lol

I was disappointed with that too, it was so built up in the book and it was ruined in the film :o

Yeah I got the feeling Kristen doesn't put as much feeling behind her words as she should! I agree about the meadow scene! I really really wanted that to be shot exactly the way it was described in the book!

and DEF. the hotel scene :( They could of made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was actually the scene I was most looking forward to before I saw the movie :(

Yes as you and someone else pointed out....how could Edward NOT have smelled Victoria?? What also dispappointed me about the prom was that the rest of the Cullens weren't there! I was looking forward to that! I agree about the hotel scene....wish that had gone the same way as in the book! Oh oh oh the scene in Biology whre they did the blood test and Bella feels all faint and Mike takes her out and Edward turns up....that soooo should have been in the film! Also the scenes in the cafeterie between Bella and Edward in the book....I found them sooo amusing, really wanted them to be in the film!!

and DEF. the hotel scene :( They could of made it SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It was actually the scene I was most looking forward to before I saw the movie :(

I was waiting for the awesome 'Bella running away' scene and it never happened...as if.

I asked everyone that when I was in the cinema and they all agreed that Edward should have been able to smell Victoria or hear her thoughts. It annoyed me that it looked like she was crying as well as we all knew that Twi-Vamps cannot cry. If I see a SINGLE tear from the Vamps in NM then you'll probs be able to hear my yelling in Forks lol.

The meadow and hospital scens annoyed me for the obvious reasons.

The kitchen scene, it was un-necessary. When Bella asked if she'd become the meal Edward laughed! He's not supossed to laugh at something like that :chair:

Oh and:

Hold On Tight Spider-Monkey :D

My Monkey Man :chair:

Ugh yeah the bit in the kitchen was def uneccesary and I just don't get them laughing either when Bella says bout her becoming the meal. I spose it was just nervous laughter but still! and also the extra bits of Victoria, James and Laurent REALLY bugged me!! If they hadn't been put into the film then we could have had more stuff from the book!!

The running

I know they can't do them all, but who wouldn 't have minded a 4 hour film! :dance::dance:

I DEFINATELY wouldn't have minded a 4 hour film! I wouldn't have minded if it took even 24 hours to watch!! Lol I may go on and on about the bits that annoyed me but I really do love the film! It's just I'd looooove to remake it! Orrrr make it into a stage production somehow! Either would be a dream come true! I really would love to do it sooo much!

Um, the whole Meadow/Woods/Bella and Edward scene. xD

Oh, and "The Cullens don't come here"

Even for a Team Jacob, that line just cracks me up. Sooooo damn cheesy! xD

And when they've just finished baseball and Bella and Edward are scrambling in the car and she's like "I got it I got it!"

I don't think I've ever heard a voice get that low before! :D

It bugs me. xD

Yeah in the car after baseball kinda annoyed me too! Yet again it's another scene that I think they should have kept true to the book! It was more effective/emotional in the book!

Yeah I didn't think much to them bein up in a tree! Oh and where was Edward's sofa?? I was looking forward to that scene!! Lol!