Lost Season 5 - Episodes 16 & 17 - Season Finale

DavidB

Somehow I have got the feeling that the bomb either didn't stop the incident or ended up causing the incident.

Bet its something like the bomb explodes and the next thing Jack and that know is that they are back in 2007.

Edited by Tanith

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Juliet died :( I was so sad....I could have accepted Kate or Jack

You don't think the bomb might've killed them too? :P

I can't believe Juliet died :P I was so sad....I could have accepted Kate or Jack

You don't think the bomb might've killed them too? :YAHOO:

It would be so good if next season came back and Juliet somehow managed to survive and it was ANOTHER major character that died n Juliet was just a decoy :dance:

I havent seen this yet but have read about it.......contary to popular opinion if my understanding of what happens is correct i will be very very p***ed, but ill reserve judgement till i have seen it

Do you usually read about the episodes first before viewing them yourself? Knowing what's going to happen in this episode before it happens will make it very boring...

I'm so so so glad I went completely free of spoilers for this finale. I don't ever intentionally seek out spoilers but normally some idiot manages to spoil it for me, so I enjoyed this so much more then the last 2 finales.

I'm so so so glad I went completely free of spoilers for this finale. I don't ever intentionally seek out spoilers but normally some idiot manages to spoil it for me, so I enjoyed this so much more then the last 2 finales.

One of my friends always used to tell me what would happen before I saw it, very annoying, luckily we're no longer friends :lol:

One of my friends always used to tell me what would happen before I saw it, very annoying, luckily we're no longer friends :o

That used to be what my uncle was like with me, he told me Boone died before I'd seen the episode, unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it :D

did anyone notice as well at the beginning of the episode that Jacob was wearing white and the other bloke was wearing black, good and evil, ying and yang that has been so prominent.

The statue was also holding a female and male symbol. adam and eve repeating itself again...

and the screen at the end also changes from white text to black text... as if suggesting a change in power...

The only way jacob could be killed was making somebody else kill for him as obviously the rules wouldn't let him...

jacob knew what was going on as he got the girl to help him...

oh and the ship, that had to be the black rock....

great episode...

Edited by Roj Walker

One of my friends always used to tell me what would happen before I saw it, very annoying, luckily we're no longer friends :P

That used to be what my uncle was like with me, he told me Boone died before I'd seen the episode, unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it :D

Actually, the same friend I think didn't even watch Lost back then and I remember a few of my other friends talking about what happened that episode, I walked off so I didn't get spoiled and she (who as I said didn't watch lost at the time) came over to me after hearing the conversation and I asked something along the lines of "is it bad?" and she said "Boone died" :D and gave the excuse "I don't watch it, I don't know if it's bad" when I got annoyed :D lol

did anyone notice as well at the beginning of the episode that Jacob was wearing white and the other bloke was wearing black, good and evil, ying and yang that has been so prominent.

The statue was also holding a female and male symbol. adam and eve repeating itself again...

and the screen at the end also changes from white text to black text... as if suggesting a change in power...

The only way jacob could be killed was making somebody else kill for him as obviously the rules wouldn't let him...

great episode...

Interesting :o

I think I've probably missed so much over the past few years, watching every episode again back to back (with breaks of course :wub:) when the series is complete should be good, hopefully I'll pick up on stuff I didn't before. While I can't wait for the next series, I also don't want it to come too soon as that's the end of Lost then :wub:

I was really gettig into this show this season and loved the what happened happened logic behind it all. With that in mind id like to think that Faradays plan to stop the incident was always supposed to happen and that in fact it made the incident as bad as it was.

If however it now shows that the bomb changed things and the plane doesnt crash i will be p***ed off

id like to think that Faradays plan to stop the incident was always supposed to happen and that in fact it made the incident as bad as it was.

I was thinking that. Like in HP 3 when he's waiting for his Dad and then realizes it is him who did the patronus. I think the incident was the bomb. Still a bit confused because that happened in the 70's right, then they build the hatch, then one day someone doesn't press the button and it causes the plane to crash but then later when Locke refuses to push the button the whole hatch implodes........so why didn't it do that when the button wasn't pushed the first time? ugh I've now confused myself.

Anyway it was brilliant and I can't believe Juliet.

I'm starting to think that Jacob and the other bloke from the start are Ancient Gods. Makes sense that they can make things happen and it fits with the statue (which I think is maybe one of the egyptian gods) who is holding to Ankh's which are the symbol of life. Interesting that Jacob lives in the statue and has the ability to give life. That and the look on his face when Ben compared the other guy to Moses makes me wonder if they aren't representing two warring Gods. As someone pointed out the ying and yang and dark guys ability to take on th eguise of dead people as well as the conversation they had at the beginning, really makes me wonder............. Does anyone think that the picture Jacob was making was important? It looked to depict people being touched by the sun's rays.

No idea what I'm talking about but I find it interesting and just don't want to think about the long break now.

Still a bit confused because that happened in the 70's right, then they build the hatch, then one day someone doesn't press the button and it causes the plane to crash but then later when Locke refuses to push the button the whole hatch implodes........so why didn't it do that when the button wasn't pushed the first time? ugh I've now confused myself.

When Locke refuses to push the button Desmond realises the danger of it and with no computer to push the button (as Locke had destroyed it) and stop the electromagnetism, like he eventually managed to when he caused the plane to crash, he knows he has to stop it some other way. So he turns the fail safe key and it's the fail safe key that causes the hatch to implode and causes he's flashes.

Edited by Decode

great episode...

Good theory!

Wow, just... wow. Only just seen it due to slow d/l, uni and away this weekend. I nearly cried so much and my hand was over my mouth the entire ep!!

Some of the theories here are brilliant! I never seem to come up with stuff like that! They've given me something to think about.

I don't understand about the ship and the black rock though...

My own opinion is that, when the new season starts, the past and present will have merged again and Sawyer and the others who are trapped in the 70s will ping forward to where they should be and Sun and Jin will be together again. That's what I'm waiting for, anyway.

Also, I realised yet again last night that I didn't really care what happened to anyone else as long as nothing happened to Sawyer LOL. Well, I mean, I did care what happened to them, just not as much as I cared about Sawyer getting out alive!

I loved this season but ended the ending.

The whole premise of them being the cause of their own fate by travelling back to 1977 and setting in motion the events which would lead to 2004 was great i just hope that they dont undo all of this now by things having changed.

Besides -

They went back to 1977 and then tried to change things, however surely things cant have changed. If they had then in 2007 Ben could not have killed Jacob. 1977 occured 30 years before 2007 and therefore has already happened, the fact that we are shown what happens in 2007 means that nothing can change in 1977 as what has happened has happened. If the plane didnt crash in 2004 then Locke would never have been on the island, left, died, returned (albeit not really him) and found the loophole. It cannot possibly change things for what we have seen we have seen and thats the way fate pans out. Clearly Jacob knew what was coming (more likely than not has been to future as well as the past) and set in motion the events which lead firstly to his death and then to 'them' coming, the them surely being the Losties, as i think the white flash is a jump in time, whether the bomb goes off or not is inconsequential as if it didnt it didnt and if it did then it always did and was part of the incident in the first place.

I really hope this doesnt become some sort of life and death struggle between evil and good spirits like some bad Stephen King novel full of Egyptian mythology, of course theyll be some but lets not lose sight of whats made this show great this last season.

Also, they cant change things as Arron is not on the Island so whilst things would change for them it would not not him (or for that matter Walt), therefore if the plane never crashed Claire would have had her child in the real world and there would be two versions of Arron roaming around which i dont believe could happen. Walt is the same as when things could change (even though i dont think they do) he is off island and therefore would be unaffected, though the 2004 version of him would be on the plane but as it wouldnt crash there would be two of him in the real world too.