Staying at the Ibis Hotel

Lambourne

Due to having practically no money I'm not going to be able to stay at the Park Inn now that you have to pay in advance, which is a shame as I loved it there and loved just being able to pop upstairs to drop stuff of etc. But alas it isn't meant to be, so I have a few questions about the Ibis hotel:

1) How close is it to the Park Inn? I meant to look for it at Lockdown for future use but completely forget when I was there.

2) Do you pay in advance or when you get there?

3) How is the hotel? Anyone who's stayed at both the Park Inn and Ibis have a preference?

Thanks for your time!

- Jake

It's literally right across the road. You walk across the parking lot, cross one road and I think that's it.

I haven't been at this Ibis hotel, but the ones I've stayed at (Wembley and Earls Court) were okay for the money. Clean and the rooms did the job.

I stayed at the Ibis for E2, and its pretty good. its 5 minutes away if your a slow walker. about pay, i dont know, sorry. But personally, i prefer PI. It was quite annoying if i had left something, or needed something. its alot easier to just pop upstairs :(

Hope i helped

1) It's really close, I stayed there for the last Twilight convention and it's just up the road and slightly round the corner. I'd say less then 5 minutes away.

2) You pay when you get there, I think you pay after your stay.

3) I think it was okay hotel, nothing flashy just a good place to crash. I'm booked a room at the Park Inn for this con (as I found out that under 18's can stay there alone unlike the Ibis) so I don't have a preference yet, but as I'm going alone for this one I liked the idea of not having to leave the hotel!

ill most probably stay at the ibis if/when i go to abrams, just because the pay in advance thing is a pain in the backside for those of us who are late savers, and while looking on the ibis website its like £31 a night if you get a non cancellation room or £120 for the weekend if you like to cancel/alter, although would not be as practical as the park in if it saves me £90 then would be sweet

I'm staying at the Ibis for this con, though I've never been there before.

There are basically three different rates on offer via their website; the cheapest is £47/night, BUT with the condition that you have to pay in advance with a credit card, and you can't alter or cancel the booking in any way.

The rates have already gone up since I booked a couple of weeks ago - I paid £35/night.