A very important message from all at Showmasters

showmasters

The prices have remained the same since I started attending these events about 9 years ago (not just SM). A lot of other industries have seen price hikes on some products since then - this hobby costs the same to me now as it did nearly a decade again.

Don't forget the VAT reduction. Whilst it isn't practical to pass on that saving with at the £10 notes flying about, anyone selling a £10 ticket sees a little more for their money each time than they used to.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very well making people aware that there is a con on but what's more important is making them want to attend. Bring the right (and varied) guests in and right activites (talks, stalls etc) and they'll be inclinced to come for more than just an auto. IMO. :P If you get the right guests then the fans will come - if they really want to enough, they will. Where there's a will ther's a way.

I'm sure there are official and fan-made sites for the different fandoms at this con. Can SM get a banner and link on their homepages?

Edited by nicky

I, and a few friends, will be coming - announcing Ben kinda decided for us but I am holding off on emailing round at work or anywhere else as the people I know wouldn't come onto the forums and would rely on the main website page and this is not up-to-date.

As soon as the main page holds the current information I will let others know but I feel that it wouldn't be right to get them to look now and miss the correct information

D x

• Moderators

Personally I'm happy with the price point. I've been doing these for like 6 years now, and I never expected anyone to be £5.

I think they've stayed pretty level for most of that time, and really only slightly increased due to higher quality guests compared to back then. I don't have a problem with that.

I, and a few friends, will be coming - announcing Ben kinda decided for us but I am holding off on emailing round at work or anywhere else as the people I know wouldn't come onto the forums and would rely on the main website page and this is not up-to-date.

As soon as the main page holds the current information I will let others know but I feel that it wouldn't be right to get them to look now and miss the correct information

D x

erm not sure when you last checked the website but http://www.collectormania.com/ is currently showing Nathan as having been announced so looks like SM have updated it yey :P

surfy sah xx

Personally I'm happy with the price point. I've been doing these for like 6 years now, and I never expected anyone to be £5.

I think they've stayed pretty level for most of that time, and really only slightly increased due to higher quality guests compared to back then. I don't have a problem with that.

I don't expect them to be £5 now either, but to say that guests have always been the same price (I do believe the other person was refering to all sci-fi events) is not true. Thats all.

Also is there something wrong with the collectormania home page as I can't seem to access it.

:P

LLAP :YAHOO:

Edited by zebredy

Believe it or not....I agree with this point. I don't think the autograph prices should really be an issue....it just depends on how much you want to meet the person. Obviously they can't be too high, but I went to Dukesfest in the US just to see John Schneider and that cost me best part of £1000 !! Now THAT was an expensive autograph !!!! I would be happy to pay £10 - £30 for someone I really want to see.:P

Ive never had a problem with prices as theyve pretty much stayed the same.

I paid £15 for Dave Prowse in 97 and £15 in 09.

Again as mentioned its not that people dont want to go to shows its sometimes the line up thats stopping them.You cant please everyone.To me Nathan Fillion is just the guy from Squirm but to others hes king of the Planet Whedon.

I make advertising for the event on my website

Do you plan to come to this event ? I'm going with a friend from Belgium. We are going to miss the elections :P Oh well, I will give a procuration to my brother.

There are too many good guests to meet. Even with Amanda cancelling, I still have 11 guests to meet at this event ! It's been a while since a Collectormania excited me that way.

Edited by lams9999

I’ve never found the prices bad either – it’s what you expect really! And I will always support SM as long as they carry on getting guests that I’m interested in … which they always have done!

I’ve been going to SM events for years now and I’d actually say that in the last year I’ve been to more of their events than ever before!

The problem with the people coming in from other countries at the moment seems to be that C15 and LFACC are so close together. There's quite a lot of disappointed Firefly fans who have decided on LFACC already and just can't afford both events.

I know :headscratch:

This year, I only can afford 1 or perhaps 2 events...:uhoh:

I have already chosen jj Abrams Inc., so i can't go to LFCC or C15.

But With the new exchange rate...

A standard convention pass is £78 : 86 euros (last year £78 = 128 euros)

A night in the Park Inn is £65 : 72 euros (last year 107 euros)

If I compare with last year, i win 147 euros for A 3-days convention

So perhaps (thanks to the livre sterling crise) I could afford a second event this year (perhaps Hallowhedon)

So the new exchange rate is a chance for us !

Just a last word about LFCC and C15... You said "they are so close toghether..."

They are very close, but... another solution for us 'who are coming from another country" would be that the 2 events are more close (only 1 week between the both events), so that we could stay in UK between the 2 events...

I make advertising for the event on my website

Do you plan to come to this event ? I'm going with a friend from Belgium. We are going to miss the elections :P Oh well, I will give a procuration to my brother.

No :help:

If i have planned to come, i would have told you before :wub:

It's already very difficult to pay jj Abrams...:smile:

I don't make advertising only for the events I do :poki:

It's new... i know looool

Edited by sebastianillyria

I saw a full page advert for C15 on the back cover of the Star Trek magazine today and immediately showed the man standing next to me. I felt very proud. He looked interested too :D

I'm also bringing my Aunt and Uncle for the first time and they are very excited!

Edited by Hart

• Moderators

'More guests to come' is pretty much all you'll get.

No one can say there's going to be a 'big star replacement' as that's far too wide a definition for a guest - after all, some people would say Nathan could be that!

No one can say there's going to be a 'big star replacement' as that's far too wide a definition for a guest - after all, some people would say Nathan could be that!

That would be me :P

Thats very true. Its funny how people have different ideas as to who is a star guest.

I would love to be coming but think its very doubtful. Had to make a choice between Eclipse 3 and C15 and Eclipse won, wanted to meet Greg for so many years. Unless I win the lottery or get a huge pay rise neither is very likely then my next event will be LFCC in July. Sorry Showmasters.

To me Nathan Fillion is a bigger replacement than Amanda was in the first place. It's freaking CAP'N TIGHTPANTS, MAN!

:P

Anyway, honestly, given Firefly's cult popularity plus Nathan being in a current show on the air, I think Nathan is an EXCELLENT replacement for Amanda. Not quite as rare as Amanda perhaps but still awesome.