A very important message from all at Showmasters

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

ok i am so glad you are all happy with Nathan

NOW WE NEED YOU TO HELP US THIS YEAR ;)

now we have a great line up for this event but WE NEED TO WORD TO GET OUT TO THE FANS

i know we have said this before but this year we all know its very hard out there and if this event is not busy it will hurt us for future shows, we want to Bring you all the big names you want to meet, but if we do not have a event to take them to we will not be able to do this

now we have moved to a bigger place the Don's football stadium which is a great place and if this all works well at C15 , C16 will be even bigger and have more space than even this event , but all this will not happen if you the fans do not come to the show and in big numbers.

so telling your friends and putting up the info of the show on your facebook or talking about C15 with your friends all helps make C15 work from the start .

we have asked for your help before but this time WE SO NEED YOUR HELP LIKE NEVER BEFORE

so please if you like what we do and want to have the chance to meet lots more guest in the next few years then this event needs to work THIS TIME

the down turn in the economy and the exchange rate in the US makes it very hard for Showmasters this year but we are still running an amazing show, so please help us so we can keep bringing you amazing guest and be able to keep running really fun event for you.

we love what we do here and we know its all of you that make it posable to happen, so thank you for this and thank you all for anything you can do to get the word out there ;)

yours very sincerely

jason and the Showmasters Team :P

ps more guests to come :blink:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I will be there for the duration of the event as normal, and given the recent spate of announcements , we'll be willingly parting with money , so thats 5 people already !!

Given that the exchange rate is bad, I personally think the lineup for C15 and indeed LFCC is already very strong indeed, and am looking forward to seeing who else gets announced.

I know the word is out about Ben Browder already, and now that Nathan has been announced , that is being spread as well.

We are looking forward to the move to the new venue to seeing how it works, and an important factor of this in my opinion is the price the various bars will be charging? As most eateries in venues charge a fortune. Has/ will there be any negotiation on prices.

We've already bought what we can online such as photoshoots/entry tickets etc as well , as I understand that the more stuff sold online in advance means more things can be done for the event.

• Showmasters Admin

thanks for all that

buying tickets in advance helps us to work out how many people may come to the event so thank you for this

but the best thing anyone can do is tell everyone you know about he event and how is going to be there and the rest will just happen :blink:

as there are great guests coming and the price they are is fair so all should work but getting the word out is the key

now as to food and drink we have a meeting with the food people soon and we will work on getting a deal on food and drink

but also right next door is ASDA with its very cheep restaurant and also 2 mins walk is Ikea were you can get the most amazing meatballs and both restaurant are subsidized and very cheep

at the next show in October a KFC and MC D's will be open so all will be good

and there will be bars open selling alcohol and with is being june and hopefully sunny its going to be a very nice place to chill and enjoy the event

i hope this all helps we are so looking forward to this event

talk soon

jason :P

ps keep spreading the word ;)

done and done.

just put a link on my facebook page

thank you so much

j ;)

I will be rounding up my friends now because of Nathan, they werent sure if they would come but they will now.

I will hopefully be purchasing a photoshoot with Nathan in the online shop when they become available too :)

I agree the ASDA and Ikea are both massive and the food is great and super cheap! So I think that that is going to be a good thing.

Cheaper food = more money to spend at event - well thats what it will be like for me :firedevil:

I will defintely spread the word around and I have become a fan of the SM facebook page so my friends will be noted.

I can't wait!!

Edited by domino

Are there any fliers that we could print off or that you could send out?

If you do, I'd be happy to pin a few up where I work. There are a couple of thousand people on site and I'm sure that quite a lot of them would be interested.

• Moderators

I will quite happily spread the word for you,

can I also ask in these hard times the price of the autographs is reduced and also C:MK returns to its regular dates in the future

obiton

It's hard times for businesses as well though, so I'm not sure how you expect them to be able to reduce autograph prices?

I know that's better for attendees, but consider how much SMs are having to pay out, and how much more it's costing them because of the bad economic situation. They've had events lose money in the past, and that was when things were better .. I'm not sure how you can realistically expect autograph reductions? They aim to keep them at a fair level as much as they can.

I will quite happily spread the word for you,

can I also ask in these hard times the price of the autographs is reduced and also C:MK returns to its regular dates in the future

obiton

It's hard times for businesses as well though, so I'm not sure how you expect them to be able to reduce autograph prices?

I know that's better for attendees, but consider how much SMs are having to pay out, and how much more it's costing them because of the bad economic situation. They've had events lose money in the past, and that was when things were better .. I'm not sure how you can realistically expect autograph reductions? They aim to keep them at a fair level as much as they can.

I think the prices at SM events have always been fair and continue to be so.

Yes, I think their autograph prices are very fair too. Actually, generally, UK autograph/photoshoot prices are very fair. I was looking at events in the US and they can be four times as expensive over there.

I'm incredibly excited by the guests you have lined up so I'll be there, spending my life's savings *sigh* and I'll try to convince my friends to go too. I know some who loooooooooooove Nathan, so this is helpful!

I make advertising for the event on my website

http://buffystore.forumactif.com/showmaste...t1746.htm#15074

the down turn in the economy and the exchange rate in the US makes it very hard for Showmasters this year

If you want to be optimist, think only that the new exchange rate is a good thing for french, german or spanish people ! :(

Today with the new rate (£1 = 1.11 euros), you will perhaps have more attendees from these countries...

Perhaps try to developp the advertising in these countries... (even if you have already a lot of foreign attendees)

..... 2 mins walk is Ikea were you can get the most amazing meatballs and both restaurant are subsidized and very cheep .....

:lol::lol: that has be chuckling!!!! we don't have an IKEA by us in Swansea :( the closest one is in Cardiff and I've not had the yummyness of IKEA meatballs since my friend and I went in VANCOUVER of all places :lol: in November 2008 when I was "globetrotting" :D

LOVE IKEA meatballs rock on! we used to get the kids meal which was like £1 for 5 meatballs and chips/pasta and came with free fruit! used to get 2 cause they were meant for 5 year olds :D but it was still cheaper than paying £3 for the adult 10meatball one :D and free fruit wahooo! :D

anyways yey IKEA! :wub:

surfy sah xx

I make advertising for the event on my website

If you want to be optimist, think only that the new exchange rate is a good thing for french, german or spanish people ! :D

The problem with the people coming in from other countries at the moment seems to be that C15 and LFACC are so close together. There's quite a lot of disappointed Firefly fans who have decided on LFACC already and just can't afford both events.

anyone on Facebook... have posted a topic about Nathan HERE on the official FB application "Addicted to Firefly"

please post if you are on facebook as it will help keep the topic at the top of the discussion board and the more replies will make it seem much more uberly cool than just me telling everyone to go :lol:

so please post, even if you just type "I'm going!" and run away :D

surfy sah xx

The problem with the people coming in from other countries at the moment seems to be that C15 and LFACC are so close together. There's quite a lot of disappointed Firefly fans who have decided on LFACC already and just can't afford both events.

I'd already decided on the LFCC too for Who/Torchwood and the promise of Star Wars, as it is I can't to collectomania anyway, but yes it is disappointing every Star Wars, Who and Torchwood guest added to the event I can't do. it's looking about £150 i can't spend so far.

Whilst I can understand the difficulties that SM might be having in attracting customers I would like SM to remember the following:

- there are only a limited number of people who go to these events

- there are already too many events, so people often have to choose between them - and that depends on the quality (which is a subjective term) of the guests

- autograph prices are too high, particularly in these recessionary times

anyone on Facebook... have posted a topic about Nathan HERE on the official FB application "Addicted to Firefly"

please post if you are on facebook as it will help keep the topic at the top of the discussion board and the more replies will make it seem much more uberly cool than just me telling everyone to go :wub:

so please post, even if you just type "I'm going!" and run away :D

surfy sah xx

I have now done posts on all the Stargate groups/pages I am on!

on the official FB application "Addicted to Stargate" HERE, on the Stargate-SG1 "Fanpage" HERE (you must click "JUST FANS" on the wall to see it, there is no discussion board, doh!) and on the Stargate Atlantis "Fanpage" HERE (again there is discussion nor wall :lol: so I've had to post it as a comment to a link by the pagemaster)

we just need some one now to see the Farscape pages and any fan-specific pages like for BB or NF :lol:

now, go forth and POST! :lol:

surfy sah xx

Whilst I can understand the difficulties that SM might be having in attracting customers I would like SM to remember the following:

- there are only a limited number of people who go to these events

- there are already too many events, so people often have to choose between them - and that depends on the quality (which is a subjective term) of the guests

- autograph prices are too high, particularly in these recessionary times

I agree with your first two points, but feel that point 3 is harsh. The prices have remained the same since I started attending these events about 9 years ago (not just SM). A lot of other industries have seen price hikes on some products since then - this hobby costs the same to me now as it did nearly a decade again. I couldn't say the same for going to Football or indeed many other sports, concerts and indeed the cinema.

Now that you have announced Nathan Fillion - there will be an announcement on the UK's only "Firefly/Serenity" podcast, "Sending A Wave" website and we will be mention the appearance on our next show which will be released before the end of May.

Regards