Guests Days & prices NEW GUESTS

showmasters

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST LOOKED AT THE DAYS AND PRICELISTS AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT,ALL PLANNED FOR A SATURDAY TRIP AND GLENISTER IS ON SUNDAY!

TYPICAL.

HOPE THERE IS MORE SPORTS GUESTS.

GREETINGS TO LENNY BEAR

• Showmasters Admin
Re James Tolken: Just a bit gutted how in 24 hours he has gone up a fiver. Perhaps by tomorrow SM could drop him a fiver again?
Looks like it was a mistake. I was sirprised after all that he was only £10 at first, thought that was a bit odd.

They didn't change it until you went and opened your gob.

EDIT: Although it rhymed we do not allow any form of personal attack on this forum.

stop being cheep guys we keep the prices down all the time and it was just put up wrong as most guest that come from the US have the cost of a flight that we have have to cover in the price , and as all the BTTF gusts are £15 its not odd he is also £15

i do think making a big thing of this is a bit silly, as every one knows we keep the price down on every guest and people like Scott Bakula normally charge or a photo shoot around $90 were we are charging only £25 and for a sig he normally he gets $60 were we are charging only £25 so we do look out for every one

just though i would put this into prospective

jason :D

Re James Tolken: Just a bit gutted how in 24 hours he has gone up a fiver. Perhaps by tomorrow SM could drop him a fiver again?
Looks like it was a mistake. I was sirprised after all that he was only £10 at first, thought that was a bit odd.

They didn't change it until you went and opened your gob.

EDIT: Although it rhymed we do not allow any form of personal attack on this forum.

stop being cheep guys we keep the prices down all the time and it was just put up wrong as most guest that come from the US have the cost of a flight that we have have to cover in the price , and as all the BTTF gusts are £15 its not odd he is also £15

i do think making a big thing of this is a bit silly, as every one knows we keep the price down on every guest and people like Scott Bakula normally charge or a photo shoot around $90 were we are charging only £25 and for a sig he normally he gets $60 were we are charging only £25 so we do look out for every one

just though i would put this into prospective

jason :D

I have to say im pretty impressed with the prices over all. It must cost a fortune flying guests over and putting them up in hotels.

We should be grateful of these prices, I've just been sent details of private signings, with such people as Robert Downey JR , Tobey Mcguire, and Sigourney Weaver.

The same place also has signed photos of Scott Bakula, they're not a limited run or anything like that, and you would be charged the pricely sum of $129.99 for a 10x8 photo.

You could also get a complete Trek Captains signed print for $749.99.

So based on that, the prices we get charged are reasonable, I did wonder about £20 for Nathan Fillion, but this puts it in perspective.

There is a lot more guests at £15 than there used to be, when i first started going i paid £20 for most

Poppycock!

£15 has been the average for years.

Which, given that over those years inflation (by any measure) and average earnings have gone up, means that in real terms the price of autos has gone down.

Conventions are even cheaper than £15 at £8-£10 per photo, but then they have ticket sales bringing in more income.

But those prices are more suitable for the average person on a budget and more likely to get people buying autos, but alas it'll never be that cheap at signings due to other costs.

• Showmasters Admin

Who exactly is Ben Browder to be charging so much for an appearance that SM need to charge £25 for his autograph?

The guy needs a reality check.

He's been the lead in two MAJOR sci-fi franchises and this is his first "signing event". He's done some Farscape and Stargate specific cons in the US but never a signing event like this. He will be VERY popular.

I'm guessing you have the same issue with Scott Bakula too?

Who exactly is Ben Browder to be charging so much for an appearance that SM need to charge £25 for his autograph?

He's been the lead in two MAJOR sci-fi franchises and this is his first "signing event". He's done some Farscape and Stargate specific cons in the US but never a signing event like this. He will be VERY popular.

The price is the price because people will pay it. I'll begrudgingly hand over my cash so I can add the missing main signature but do I think its worth it...? 40 or so episodes of Stargate and Farscape - which IMHO is a stretch to describe as a major sci-fi franchise - probably doesn't justify the price tag. Still, I'll be lining up and I guess its up to the individual to decide whether £25 is appropriate.

• Showmasters Admin

The price is the price because people will pay it. I'll begrudgingly hand over my cash so I can add the missing main signature but do I think its worth it...? 40 or so episodes of Stargate and Farscape - which IMHO is a stretch to describe as a major sci-fi franchise - probably doesn't justify the price tag. Still, I'll be lining up and I guess its up to the individual to decide whether £25 is appropriate.

In the world of signing events a number of shows are gold and any main actors from them WILL always do well. Star Trek, Stargate, Farscape, Buffy, Doctor Who to name but a few. That was my definition of major Sci-fi franchises. And he was a main character, be it for not as long as others, but still he is a lead character in 2 well know and well supported fandoms.

Is £25 for Ben expensive? Yes it is. Will I be paying £50 for a couple? Heck yeah. He was hardly ever going to be annouced for £15, he would have been at least £20 anyway so what's another £5 when you get down to it!

Lets face it, as TT and others have pointed out it's hardly comparable to what they charge in the US for his autograph so really we are getting a bargain.

But since you are going to pay doesn't that sort of imply you think it's worth it?

And major Sci-Fi series is a little like the big guest thing. It's more down to whether you watch it. Personally, I am a BIG farscape fan, and did love SG-1 so Ben Browder is a guest I'd love to meet. But Scott Bakula (to use Too Tall's example) was the lead in Quantum Leap - which I've never seen, and Enterprise - which I could only manage the pilot before switching off. Doesn't mean I can't see that he's going to be a big draw.

Which means they'll charge more. Showmasters have to make some money along the line, and when you think about the cut the actor gets, the agent gets, the hall gets - I can't imagine the stadium is cheap to hire out, and then all of the other expenditures... they'll need to do all they can to make some money. They are a business after all. The people that work for them need to eat. And £25 is a reasonable amount of money to try and ask for because people will pay it.

Having said that though - yeah, £25 is a lot of money. But the way I do it, is to not buy many autos. Then I have the money for the guests I want. (Which isn't many because most of the shows I loved have very small fanbases and wouldn't be viable bringing the actors over.)

Edited by KrazyKid197