Guest cancellation - Tom Wopat

showmasters

What a swine

I'm hoping we don't see any more swine flu related cancellations. Only 3 definites for me at the moment - Yip, Brooks, and Chavez - got my fingers crossed we don't lose any of them. We'll just have to see.

PS : - I daresay I won't be able to resist Amanda Tapping on the day of course ;)

What a swine

I'm hoping we don't see any more swine flu related cancellations. Only 3 definites for me at the moment - Yip, Brooks, and Chavez - got my fingers crossed we don't lose any of them. We'll just have to see.

PS : - I daresay I won't be able to resist Amanda Tapping on the day of course :lol:

Never thought of that when I posted !! Nice one !

Well well well..... several weeks ago I asked if you could confirm Toms attendance as his own ' people' didn't seem to know about it. I got a very curt and , in my opinion, rather snotty reply assuring me that he would be there. Lo and behold....he won't be there !!!! Funny that. How soon will we be getting our photo shoot money back?

In this hobby we have, it's so very fluid and things can and do change, which would you rather have, the guest there for an appearance, or getting proper work, which is why you're a fan in the first place?

As for what you were told, it's what I call the "party line" , and was based on the information at the time.

Refunds are usually done within a week though.

• Showmasters Admin

Well well well..... several weeks ago I asked if you could confirm Toms attendance as his own ' people' didn't seem to know about it. I got a very curt and , in my opinion, rather snotty reply assuring me that he would be there. Lo and behold....he won't be there !!!! Funny that. How soon will we be getting our photo shoot money back?

ok Dukefan01 so you posts 6 and you think you know it all well let me explain it to you

well what do we get from promoting a guest when he is not coming to the event ? NOTHING MATE

so get reel and stop trying to make something out of nothing.

we do not sell tickets for the event so nothing gained there , and as for photo tickets everyone on here will tell you Jola dose a great job with refunds and gets them out asap, so you will get your back.

in fact we looses money on every ticket we refund as the credit card company takes there bit even if we refund or not and we also pay someone to process them as well so in the end there is no gain in any way to put up a guest thats not coming so just give it a rest and get reel things like this happen

i hate people that come on here with the big conspiracy theory thing why not stick to alien abduction not guest cancellations

jason

• Showmasters Admin

Is this CM free to attend at the MK Dons Stadium then? I though we had to buy tickets?

Nope Collectormania MK has always been and still is free entry. We even have free parking too.

ok Dukefan01 so you posts 6 and you think you know it all well let me explain it to you

well what do we get from promoting a guest when he is not coming to the event ? NOTHING MATE

so get reel and stop trying to make something out of nothing.

we do not sell tickets for the event so nothing gained there , and as for photo tickets everyone on here will tell you Jola dose a great job with refunds and gets them out asap, so you will get your back.

in fact we looses money on every ticket we refund as the credit card company takes there bit even if we refund or not and we also pay someone to process them as well so in the end there is no gain in any way to put up a guest thats not coming so just give it a rest and get reel things like this happen

i hate people that come on here with the big conspiracy theory thing why not stick to alien abduction not guest cancellations

jason

Well Jason.....I stand by my thoughts of ' snotty replies'....you've confirmed that. I never said that Jola wouldn't do a good job so drop that line...I'm not the bad guy here. As for knowing it all...when it comes to Dukes matters... I can guarantee I know a hell of a lot more than you do... including the cast !! And I'm now over a £100 out of pocket as I booked the hotel and travel...neither of which are refundable as I booked good deals on the 'net. So, I think I have a right to be p*****d off !!!!

• Moderators

To be fair, if you booked a non-refundable hotel then that's your choice. There are plenty of options that you don't have to pay upfront.

And you can be "p****d off !!!!" but throwing around accusations isn't fair. Plenty of cancellations have happened here and at past events, but other people don't insist on acting this way.

No one is saying it isn't unfortunate, but it's always a risk someone takes if they're only coming to an event like this for ONE guest.

Well Jason.....I stand by my thoughts of ' snotty replies'....you've confirmed that. I never said that Jola wouldn't do a good job so drop that line...I'm not the bad guy here. As for knowing it all...when it comes to Dukes matters... I can guarantee I know a hell of a lot more than you do... including the cast !! And I'm now over a £100 out of pocket as I booked the hotel and travel...neither of which are refundable as I booked good deals on the 'net. So, I think I have a right to be p*****d off !!!!

But what does the hotel have to do with Showmasters? They don't gain any money from the non-refundable hotel and transport you booked. They just lose money, and they **** people like you off. Why on earth do you think they'd make it up?

I have actioned the refunds for Tom's cancelled photo session today. These have gone back onto the card that was used at the time of ordering.

Please allow up to 7 working days for this to reach your accounts before querying for non-receipt.

• Showmasters Admin

so a guest drops out as he cannot attend dew to work, and because you booked a cheep deal that was not refunderbal you not think its ok to come on here and accuse us of lying and cheating

and you wonder why you gat a ' snotty replie' well its your attitude thats started this not mine

you are new to the events and do not know us , we are an up front group of people and run the best events we can , and have no need to lie about anything on this matter

so maybe you should think a bit about how you come across and then maybe we will take it in a better way and explane it better to you how things work

that way we may get on better :blink:

jason

"when it comes to Dukes matters... I can guarantee I know a hell of a lot more than you do..."

ho and yes you probably do mate :D

That's a shame Tom would have been a really cool guest.

and Dukefan...When guests are announced their appearance is ALWAYS dependent on other commitments. If you chose to book non refundable travel and accommodation that is your choice. We all know these things happen and seeing as Jason secured him once he's capable of getting him again for another event. I'm not sure if you have ever been to any Showmasters events but what I suggest is seeing as you've paid for travel and hotel why don't you come along to what is going to be a great event have a look around meet some other guest and other fans and enjoy a great day out!

I'm now over a £100 out of pocket

Wow. That's a lot of money, isn't it?

Have you ever stopped to think about how much SM is now 'out of pocket' since Wopat cancelled?? Whatever money they would have made out of the deal is now up in smoke. But that's ok is it? The most important thing is your little £100 - you're the only person in the world that matters,right?

Maybe this will teach you something that most people realize from day one - it's a risk booking travel and accommodation plans based on one guest. Stop acting like a spoilt child.

Now go and get a new forum account so your attitude is all forgotten about, and start again. In the meantime Mooby's suggestion is a good one - since you can't get your money back, you might as well go anyway, and check the event out.