Sports Area at Collectormania 15!

I'm very happy to see SM are still looking to bring sports guests to their shows, and Darren Campbell is a great guest to have. But (and there's always a BUT) could we not have had this information sooner?

I know it's hard to confirm guests due to work commitments, and I realise SM don't want to list guests until they have confirmation. But surely SM could have mentioned on the forum that there was a possibility of a sports area at Collectormania 15.

As you'll probably guess from my little rant, it's highly doubtful I can make it to the show because of other arrangements that I could have avoided had I known. Would have loved to have met Darren (please don't tell me he is also bringing his Olympic Gold Medal!), plus I've got a feeling SM are going to announce more sports personalities I would have liked to have met.

I'm off now to sulk and be grumpy :angry:

• Moderators

How can they say there's a 'possibility'?

What if the plans had fallen through and they had nothing, but then you'd already organised to attend because of a 'possibility'?

You would've been just as grumpy then to be honest.

O.K. so I'm just grumpy!

But the point I was trying to make is that it's rare for SM to have sports guests at shows that aren't dedicated to sport i.e. Sportsmania.

So I was surprised to see they were having a sports area at this show.

It's a great idea and I hope it continues. I just would have liked to have known earlier so I could have made/not made other arrangements.

Just gutted because I'm 99.9% cretin I can't make this one, and hate missing out.

it's awesome that being in the stadium rather than the mall allows SM/ME to bring these guests alongside guests from film and tv etc :wub:

I'm not into sports myself (unless they brought over certain NHL players :lol:) but it's brilliant for everyone who likes meeting sports personalities and atteneded Sportsmania have this oppurtunity :angry:

surfy sah xx

Ooooh exciting! You really are going all out on this show.

I'd love to see some F1 drivers (old ones, obviously), but I can imagine them commanding fairly high fees...

Having met Damon Hill, Jackie Stewart, David Coulthard, Jenson Button, Martin Brundle I can confirm they have great stories to tell (assuming you like motorsport of course!).

The most interesting storeis didn't come from a driver though....it was Murray Walker of course :angry:

Would be great to see them (and more) at one of these events

F1 guests would be fantastic.

How about monster Jam Drivers.

Dennis Anderson

Adam Anderson

Tom Meents

Pablo Huffaker

To many others to list. chances are slim, but hey ya never know.

That would be fecking fantistic.

Good news! I was at a Jimmy Greaves show last night and talking to Freda Baker who runs the A1 sporting speakers that represents the Team of 66, Pele etc. She was saying that they are sending down a number of football players including George Cohen, Geoff Hurst etc to the Milton Keynes show in June.

It just hasn't been announced yet. :thumbup:

But the point I was trying to make is that it's rare for SM to have sports guests at shows that aren't dedicated to sport i.e. Sportsmania.

So I was surprised to see they were having a sports area at this show.

Although it doesn't happen at every show I would say there have been a few events now that have included sports guests. The last Sportsmania was combined with the Midlands event in October last year. LFACC 2007 had a dedicated Sportszone and this years Autographica had a few sporting guests as well. To be fair to SM whenever they've talked about possibilities for events on here before and they've not come off they often get crucified for it so I guess you can't blame them for not announcing this until it was definate.

Just be grateful you've got the cup final to look forward to this year!

I know that I always ask for him and its mission impossible but Bobby Charlton???

So i was told on Thursday by his agent Bobby Charlton doesn't do commercial signings, but expect the rest of the '66 team to be announced very shortly.

Oh man! Don't even go there. Still waiting to hear if I've got a ticket. Think it is officially twitchy bum time :smile:

Hope you have better luck than I did in 2006, I'm still convinced to this day mine was one of the batch that got robbed from the Post Office

F1 guests would be fantastic.

How about monster Jam Drivers.

Dennis Anderson

Adam Anderson

Tom Meents

Pablo Huffaker

To many others to list. chances are slim, but hey ya never know.

That would be fecking fantistic.

Believe it or believe it not they would be a big draw for me too....especially Tom . :D

Good news! I was at a Jimmy Greaves show last night and talking to Freda Baker who runs the A1 sporting speakers that represents the Team of 66, Pele etc. She was saying that they are sending down a number of football players including George Cohen, Geoff Hurst etc to the Milton Keynes show in June.

It just hasn't been announced yet. :wub:

yes and most probably they will be there sunday only..............damn :BRUISED:

Oh man! Don't even go there. Still waiting to hear if I've got a ticket. Think it is officially twitchy bum time :P

dont be twitchin yer bum in the messroom Mike :poki:

have you got one yet mate?

I'd definately pay good money to see:

ex-F1 Drivers/Managers:

Karl Wendlinger

Eddie Irvine

Damon Hill

Jean Alesi

Jos Verstappen

Alain Prost

Ukyo Katayama

Shinji Nakano

Olivier Panis

Pedro De La Rosa

Nigel Mansell

Mika Salo

Mika Hakkenen

Takuma Sato

Johnny Herbet

Eddie Jordan

Heinz hearald Frentzen

Alex Wurz

Takagi (ex Arrows driver)

Ralf Schumacher

Personally i'd pay £10 each for these don't know about anyone else

Current Drivers:

Adrian Sutil, Sebastien Vettel

Mark Webber, Mark Webber

Jensen Button, Nico Rosberg

Kazuki Nakajima, Timo Glock

don't know what i'd pay for those, would be surprised if they turned up as i'm sure a lot of these would be difficult if not impossible to attract

Edited by kiba

I'd definately pay good money to see:

ex-F1 Drivers/Managers:

Karl Wendlinger

Eddie Irvine

Damon Hill

Jean Alesi

Jos Verstappen

Alain Prost

Ukyo Katayama

Shinji Nakano

Olivier Panis

Pedro De La Rosa

Nigel Mansell

Mika Salo

Mika Hakkenen

Takuma Sato

Johnny Herbet

Eddie Jordan

Heinz hearald Frentzen

Alex Wurz

Takagi (ex Arrows driver)

Ralf Schumacher

Personally i'd pay £10 each for these don't know about anyone else

Current Drivers:

Adrian Sutil, Sebastien Vettel

Mark Webber, Mark Webber

Jensen Button, Nico Rosberg

Kazuki Nakajima, Timo Glock

don't know what i'd pay for those, would be surprised if they turned up as i'm sure a lot of these would be difficult if not impossible to attract

I think a few of them could charge more than 10 for an auto personally and I'd pay it. Be cool to get a couple though.

Someone said earlier that SM should announce this earlier because they can't make it now, or something like that. Personally I think if theres an event you think theres even a chance you may want to attend, then most people would make sure they leave that weekend free. I do it myself, and if I don't attend the even I'll know a week or so before so I can sort other thing out then.