Latest Guest Ben Browder

showmasters

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN! I am selfishly disappointed that he's a Sunday photoshoot. Wandering around in costume with a suitcase doesn't sound quite so fun... Sunday photoshoots need to die a cold and lonely death.

Edit: Or wait, it's changed locations. Does the stadium have some kind of luggage service?

Lizzy has noticed a discrepancy in the Saturday shoot announced for Avery Brooks. There's a second shoot posted now, but the description says Ben Browder. So you may be lucky.

EDIT: I've just spoken to Jason and it looks like there was really a mistake in the store and there will be a Saturday session.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Omg :YAHOO:BEN BROWDER!! B)

Feels like been waiting for this one for years, may never recover from the shock lol, thank you B) .....I'm so with Petra on this, awesome guest! *thud*

let me guess where you'll be sitting all weekend then :P

great guest SM this is turning out to be a very expensive and excellent weekend

Edit: Or wait, it's changed locations. Does the stadium have some kind of luggage service?

I wouldn't have thought so. It's not like lots of people come to a Football game with lots of baggage!

Saying that, it's sort of a shame about the safety risk of allowing the luggage, because I could see that as being a nice little side earner for showmasters. With the extra space available in the arena, you take on a couple more crew members and set up a booth where people can leave their luggage / bags with normal clothes etc. I know quite a few conventions do it to encourage cosplayers and do it for free, but you could charge a pound or maybe two to let people leave their bags in the "cloakroom" and it's a few bob extra for Showmasters.

Saying that, it's sort of a shame about the safety risk of allowing the luggage, because I could see that as being a nice little side earner for showmasters. With the extra space available in the arena, you take on a couple more crew members and set up a booth where people can leave their luggage / bags with normal clothes etc. I know quite a few conventions do it to encourage cosplayers and do it for free, but you could charge a pound or maybe two to let people leave their bags in the "cloakroom" and it's a few bob extra for Showmasters.

In generally it's a good idea for sure. But I'm seeing a possible insurance issue there, especially when a fee would be charged.

In generally it's a good idea for sure. But I'm seeing a possible insurance issue there, especially when a fee would be charged.

Nod. I was just wondering about insurance issues myself. I mean, without the fee, I guess there's little incentive for SM to take it on (other than the fact that it would be a convenient feature for guests, I suppose). But without the fee, they could do the "at your own risk..." bit. With a fee, not so much.

Omg :thumbup:BEN BROWDER!! :blush:

Feels like been waiting for this one for years, may never recover from the shock lol, thank you :unsure: .....I'm so with Petra on this, awesome guest! *thud*

let me guess where you'll be sitting all weekend then :lol:

No because it's not Christmas yet :dance: however I may be working somewhere nearby and very professionally trying to *not look* lol, it'll be tough! :YAHOO:

Lizzy has noticed a discrepancy in the Saturday shoot announced for Avery Brooks. There's a second shoot posted now, but the description says Ben Browder. So you may be lucky.

EDIT: I've just spoken to Jason and it looks like there was really a mistake in the store and there will be a Saturday session.

This calls for a CELEBRATION! :blink: Thanks for pointing that out!

This calls for a CELEBRATION! :blink: Thanks for pointing that out!

Yay! I'm happy that you are happy now. ;)

The mistake has been fixed now, the session is in store - so shop away to your heart's (or credit card's) content. :D

I figured I better spread the news everywhere seeing this was a recurring theme in some topics.

hmmm, what's the policy on wandering around with pulse pistol type plastic mock-ups? Are we allowed? *forgets*

Id imagine as its in the stadium now there shouldnt be much of a problem with it, not that that stopped people walking around the shopping center with replica weapons lol.

Why cant the SG1 photoshoots be on the same day!!!!!!:( bit silly having them on different days for those SG1 fans who can't attend a whole weekend.

One up for saturday and sunday now.

Doesn't need to be said but amazing guest announcement SM!!! Finally someone from Stargate I haven't already met.... LOL. But seriously Ben Browder is made of awesome really can't wait to meet him! :)

Yay! I'm happy that you are happy now. :(

The mistake has been fixed now, the session is in store - so shop away to your heart's (or credit card's) content. :o

I figured I better spread the news everywhere seeing this was a recurring theme in some topics.

OMG! I saw this announcement 12 hours ago and I'm still in slightly hyperactive mode.

How's your work coming along? Good news is I actually managed to focus and do some of mine.

Just reading all of your comments is enough to get anyone excited lol, worried I'm not going to be able to see all the people I want to as I'm only going for a day and Showmasters keeps announcing great guests! I've not been before so don't know how many people you can get through meeting in a day.