Latest Guest Ben Browder

showmasters

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Stargate. COMMANDER JOHN CRICHTON, people! *dances*

Frell'in Excellent, huh!

I went to get a photoshoot but not on the shop yet :borg: Oh dear, this show is looking expensive! Oh well :dance:

Frell'in Excellent, huh!

I went to get a photoshoot but not on the shop yet :huh: Oh dear, this show is looking expensive! Oh well :borg:

Frellin perfect :dance:

And OMG, my thoughts too. Every time a new and amazing guest is announced, I simultaneously scream and cry.

And OMG, my thoughts too. Every time a new and amazing guest is announced, I simultaneously scream and cry.

Me too, but he is too good to pass up... like Bakula, if we miss photoshoot etc this time, he may not come back!! And he needs many big hugs...

Me too, but he is too good to pass up... like Bakula, if we miss photoshoot etc this time, he may not come back!! And he needs many big hugs...

Exactly! I didn't think we'd ever get him so I'm not even going to think about money when it comes to him :dance: Ohhhh myyyy...

Does anyone know what he's like with people at signings?

Exactly! I didn't think we'd ever get him so I'm not even going to think about money when it comes to him :dance: Ohhhh myyyy...

By all accounts he is really nice (Bit mad even), but as far as I know he has NEVER done a signing event like this. He normally does weekend cons in the US where if he even signs at all is very very limited, so hard to judge what he will be like at a full three day signing. I suspect he will be very cool, will help that Amanda is there is suspect.

I am way too excited about this. I have a major assignment that I need to finish by tomorrow and every time I open it I'm like "Hmm. Expressions... script... Rotate X... pi... BEN FREAKING BROWDER! *loses train of thought*"

:YAHOO:

this man has been on my list since I can't remember when... didn't think I'd ever get the chance to meet him unless I went to the States.. my friend met him in San Diego a few years back and said he was a total hoot , he had them in stitches during a panel he did.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :D

I used to have such a crush on him.. And yes totally agree. I'm all about Commander John Crichton rather than Stargate!

What Farscape fan doesn't have a crush on him?!

I saw him in the States last year. I was at the Continuum premiere on the Midway and at the signing the day after. He was really shy at first, like eyes down and nervous. But the minute I said "hi, how are you?" his eyes lit up and he started jabbering away.

He told us that he was really nervous because he gets a lot of stick from Stargate fans, especially Amanda Tapping's fans, and he could tell our group were Amanda fans. He wouldn't shut up then, lol. Talking about how excited he was, how he was buying presents for all his family and friends, how much he loves signings and conventions and how glad he is that not all SG fans hate him...

But the impression I get is that at a Stargate signing or talk, he tends to deflect questions a bit. I mean, when asked what his favourite SG episode was, he immediately gave Torment of Tantalus, talking about how much he valued the classic episodes and the show that the team had built up etc.... he sort of is hyper aware that a lot of fans are very sensitive about him in the show.

However, get him at a Farscape convention and he's as mad as a frellin hatter. I mean, Bunny Suits anyone? He's very funny, friendly and down to earth. An absolute pleasure to be around, as long as you don't go scary, squeeing fangurl on him :YAHOO:

So I think at Collectormania, he'll be great. Because people going to his booth are people who want to meet him, not people who are forced to get his auto because it's the same queue as the one for Amanda Tapping or whatever.

By all accounts he is really nice (Bit mad even), but as far as I know he has NEVER done a signing event like this. He normally does weekend cons in the US where if he even signs at all is very very limited, so hard to judge what he will be like at a full three day signing. I suspect he will be very cool, will help that Amanda is there is suspect.

Yes on all accounts. This is his first time ever at a signing event like this. He's done something in the US, but this was a limited signing.

I can only judge from my experiences during the signing at the weekend shows he did, and even then he was amazing. For most actors there it is like a conveyor belt. But he takes his time, was genuinely interested when I had a rare item to sign and sometimes even personalised.

I've seen him both at a Farscape and at a Stargate show and like Tracy Jane has said, he seems to be a bit nervous around Stargate fans. But he seemed to warm up pretty fast there.

I am way too excited about this. I have a major assignment that I need to finish by tomorrow and every time I open it I'm like "Hmm. Expressions... script... Rotate X... pi... BEN FREAKING BROWDER! *loses train of thought*"

Similar problem here - I'm supposed to report on a computer programme. I stopped counting how often I typed "Browder" instead of browser. :YAHOO:

I mean, Bunny Suits anyone?

You mean like this? :D

IMG_5379_kl.jpg

Edited by Queen_Sindel

That is amazing! Farscape is my all time true love, lol. I never thought we'd get BB over here, although when he started in SG1 we wondered whether he might. But then nothing for years, and then SG cancelled, I thought that was it.

I admit to having been twice to the States to see him (well, an entire convention, but in my heart of hearts I went to see Ben!) and he is wonderful! Both times I've photo oped with him, sitting side by side rather than standing up was the format, and he held my hand and looked me straight in the eye when it was done! Those blue eyes that close up made many people melt!!

Ben coming means I'll be bouncing around like a maniac on the day!

Edited to say, just seen the bunny photo above!!! I love that man!

Edited by Ellie Jane

I didn't see the bit about a photoshoot! Feels sorry for Jola as the online shop will no doubt explode. Again!

.... he sort of is hyper aware that a lot of fans are very sensitive about him in the show.

Are they? Didn't know that. Always thought he was an excellent addition to Stargate

You mean like this? :YAHOO:

IMG_5379_kl.jpg

Looking forward to a possible talk!

I didn't see the bit about a photoshoot! Feels sorry for Jola as the online shop will no doubt explode. Again!

Jola - you choose the German/Swiss chocolate you want, and I'll bring it. Lots of it cause I will be part of making that explosion happen.

Looking forward to a possible talk!

And you know, I actually even have a costume that I could bring. But it is from Stargate and of course nowhere as impressive as the bunny suit. :YAHOO:

I'm sat cackling like a mad woman. Oh the bunnysuit memories! Can I get a Hell Yeah?! Queen Sindel, I think I'm officially your biggest fan!

I may not have the balls to wear a full bunny suit, but I might wear a pair of white bunny ears. Maybe.

And blue paint? Snort.