Thank You! - Crew, guests, attendees

Psychosis

Thanks to everyone for arranging such a great convention, I had a fantastic time. I feel very lucky to have gone to all 3 Eclipse events, but I'm so sad that there's no more so hopefully a mixed event will work out.

The Schedule was well organised, not too many moments with nothing for attendee's to do except twidle their thumbs.

Thanks to all the guests for being so interesting in the talks and mixing with the attendee's at parties and aroud the hotel.

Thanks to all the SArmy who were lovely and who rocked the quiz and kept the assaulting of other attendee's to a minimum [there was an ecxception, you know who you are :poki: ]

And thanks to Pez for showing me where the free auto and group shot was on my booklet and for showing me how to put the heating on in the hotel room. :dance:

Thank you to all at ME!

The 3 Eclipses were my only true cons and I enjoyed them immensely. I know you'll do your best to get the rest of the cast to the other events that are run.

What a blast! And I don't even drink!!

Cheers for everything!

Michelle

• Showmasters Admin

Never say never for another one may be next year perhaps.

I agree, I really do feel that if they could secure a massive guest, such as Zach Quinto, Masi Oka or even Ali Larter, and used their name from the start to push the con, then they would sell a lot more tickets and then be able to get a lot more guests too...

I do feel that having the less famous actors announced months before the more A-List actors is what really hurt E3...

That and lack of advertising - which I realise costs money. But having a mention in one of the sci-fi mags (cant remember the name - not SFX) at the back where they mention upcoming sci fi conventions (never seen massivevents ones mentioned there) would have helped. I know I check it out every month and have discovered other cons by other people that way - including a more local annual one!

edit: the mag is scifi now.

spent £2000 on paid adds which was half the cost a flight for another guest and we did not sell any more tickets after this group of adds went out so i do think we did our best

i would also point out one other thing no other group tried to run another heroes event any were else in the world mostly because of the cost of the guest so we did our best and ran some dame fine events but now we will just be bringing Heroes guest to our other events

jason :YAHOO:

I had a great time this weekend, REALLY enjoyed it - more than E1, actually.

So, anyway, I had a great time regardless of the low number of guests. It really did feel cosy and "intimate". All of the attendees were lovely too. The only problem I had was an inconsiderate parent who seemed to find it funny when her child was wailing all of the time and waited half an hour or more each time before taking her out.

thats my daughter you are talking about, and for the majority fo the weekend she was very good and i am very proud by how well behaved she was, the only time i had to take her out of a talk was for the greg and ntare talk on sunday, when she got upset after being told she could not do the same things as she had the say before, she is 2 she doesn't understand,

Greg said to me himself he was impressed how well she behaved, i'm sorry if she bothered you but these events are for families and everyone who was sitting near us i said sorry to and everyone of them said it was okay. One day if you ever have children you will understand.

I would like to thank the other girl who spent alot of time entertaining her and keeping her happy and entertained i really apprecited it! Personally other than the 2 things i spoke to jason about on the sunday (one of which was very upsetting for me and still has me annoyed) i thought it was a wonderful event as always and would once again like to thank jason and the gang for putting on another wonderful show, i look forward to new moon rising

spent £2000 on paid adds which was half the cost a flight for another guest and we did not sell any more tickets after this group of adds went out so i do think we did our best

i would also point out one other thing no other group tried to run another heroes event any were else in the world mostly because of the cost of the guest so we did our best and ran some dame fine events but now we will just be bringing Heroes guest to our other events

jason :P

i know you tried dude and i and i'm sure everyone else appreciates it, you guys do so much for us guys and we love you for it.

still wiating for my mr muggles though :P

Never say never for another one may be next year perhaps.

I agree, I really do feel that if they could secure a massive guest, such as Zach Quinto, Masi Oka or even Ali Larter, and used their name from the start to push the con, then they would sell a lot more tickets and then be able to get a lot more guests too...

I do feel that having the less famous actors announced months before the more A-List actors is what really hurt E3...

That and lack of advertising - which I realise costs money. But having a mention in one of the sci-fi mags (cant remember the name - not SFX) at the back where they mention upcoming sci fi conventions (never seen massivevents ones mentioned there) would have helped. I know I check it out every month and have discovered other cons by other people that way - including a more local annual one!

edit: the mag is scifi now.

jason :P

Fair enough... just didnt see any posters in local stores like you do for Collectormania's.

On a side note - for future conventions you may want to look at SciFiNow magazine - they have a 2 page conventions page every month which I (as well as other avid sci-fi fans) look t every month! I dont even think it costs to get a mention. You may have already checked but just in case. Itsa page 118 and 119 of the current issue I believe. Worth a shot for your other events! :)

EDIT - Those pages are last months - but its near the back...

Edited by Babbler

I had such a fantastic weekend that I don't even want to go into detail because I will get hate mail, but needless to say it was made ultra awesome by the kindness of the guests and their willingness to get involved, and by the people who attended. Also Showmasters pulled out all the stops to make sure that we all had a fab time despite the fact that the con was running at a loss which is to their credit.

Thanks to all involved, it was probably the best con I have ever been to

I had such an amazing time! I really will miss this event as it was my favourite one by far. I hate that I wont get to see everyone again as a whole group! I do apoligize for just running out after the closing ceremony. I was a bit upset that it was the end had just had to leave with out saying bye to everyone first. i felt rotton and this is my goodbye and hopefully i will each and every single person i have ever met though this event. and to let you all know you will not be forgotten from my memory! as im sure ill be imprinted in the rest of everyone elses to. Thank you EVERYONE that made this event! it will be dearly missed.

My little sad bit over! lol.

Edited by freakie_frenchi

bonnie i couldnt let you freeze! lol

other than that i had an awesome weekend all the guests were amazing it was nice to know so many people there and i loved the fact that everything was so intermate. i got to dance like a crazy and get drunk with my best mates...

oh and i got to fall on my face a lot....its not a good weekend if i dont fall over !

oh and thanks malcome for messing up teh photos ....extra grunny huggs yum! that man is awsome!

*edited*

Please take the other discussion off-forum if necessary so we don't start anything too bad :blink:

Edited by DavidB

The weekend was awesommmeeee!

Eeek, that I nearly passed out with tiredness when I rolled in at midnight last night! That'll teach us to stay up dancing til 4am!!

oh but :dance: ing was soo much fun :YAHOO: and they ended on the classic finale song from Dirty Dancing of Time of Your Life :smile: was so nice of the DJ to do that, he even came over to ask if I meant the Green Day version, bless!

awesome weekend and even though it took me 6hours to get home last night, it was well worth and great to see everyone :smile:

rock on C15, less than 5weeks to go :clap:

surfy sah xx

That DJ was brilliant. I'm pretty sure he played enough to please everyone. For me, it was Metallica's Enter Sandman (!!!), as well as stuff like Back In Black by AC/DC and She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd. Not that I don't like the usual disco stuff, but to have some of my favourite heavy metal/hard rock bands/songs as well was just icing on the cake. SWEET.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this is a bit late, I've just moved and only just got my internet connection!

I just wanted to add my thanks to SM and the crew for another fantastic event. I've wanted to meet Greg for years and it was well worth the wait! He was amazing and Ashley and Ntare were brilliant guests as well. Thank you so much for bringing them over!

It's a shame it's the last Heroes event but I look forward to seeing more Heroes guests at other events.