A slight problem with the Park Inn

troi127

Hiya guys,

I've had a little problem with the Park Inn this week and just thought I'd let people know so no one else gets stuck without a room at the last minute (although I do seem to have terrible bad luck when it comes to hotels, so I doubt very much anyone else will have the same problem!).

I bought my hubby a ticket to Better than life back when they 1st went on sale as a birthday pressy and made sure that I booked him a room straight away. At first it was just going to be him attending and he wasn't sure about time off work so I only booked the room for Sat night. Recently I was very lucky to also get a ticket to the event and we decided that we would call the hotel and see if it was possible to add both the Fri & Sun night to our booking just to make life a little easier. I was gutted to find out that the gentleman that had taken my booking months ago had not only messed up and got the name wrong on the booking, but that he had also booked us in for the Fri night (as it is, there are now no rooms available for the Sat night!). I was pretty miffed as if I hadn't called the hotel then we would of turned up Sat morning only to find we a) would of already been charged for the room Fri night and :blink: wouldn't have had a room the Sat!

In the end I found a nice little B&B just 10 mins walking distance from the Park Inn which is just £45 per room per night so we've now gone ahead and booked there instead, but its still a pain in the rear when you have to go back and forth between hotels at these events.

I hope no one else gets stuck in a situation like this and if you're worried then the best thing is just to give the hotel a quick call and double check eveything is as planned before the event.

Anyway.... on a completely different note, I have a gold ticket but the hubby only has silver (he's well gutted...hee hee!) but that means I'm gunna be stood all on my tod at the Gold ticket drinks reception.... If theres any other gold ticket holders out there who don't mind a painfully shy gal standing with them so I don't look like a complete outcast I'd be very grateful :headscratch: I won't be hard to miss... I'll be the 5 months preggers lass stood in a corner sipping soft drinks!

Ta ta for now,

Danny

xxx

Feel free to spank me for saying this, Jason :thumbup: but I would also advise people to double check their bookings. Me and my friend got there to find we'd been put into a single room and there were no spare rooms and not even a spare bed available, so she had to sleep on the floor.

But that's all good as long as you're sure beforehand that they did your booking correctly.

Feel free to spank me for saying this, Jason :D

You could've posted worse things more deserving of a spanking ;)

I've just recently bought my Better Than Life pass - I take it there's no point me even trying to book the Park Inn then? Any suggestions for close, cheap, decent alternatives?

I would try the Park Inn as you never know someone may have cancelled. But i think theres a hotel called the swan near by.

Hi again,

The B&B we booked is called the Victoria Guest House. Its in De Parys Avenue which google maps puts as being an 11 minute walk away. I found it on a site called www.experiencebedfordshire.co.uk but anyone interested could call direct on 01234 359219. I did look at staying at the Swan but just couldn't afford it. As I said, I seem to attract bad luck when it comes to conventions and accommodation so maybe its best if everyone actually avoids this particulr B&B coz I'll be there :D

Ta ta for now,

xxx

I had something slightly similar with the guy not actually bothering to enter the details (maybe it was the same fella).

I only found out when I rang again a month later to ask why the booking confirmation I had requested had not arrived.

Got it sorted in the end.

I've just recently bought my Better Than Life pass - I take it there's no point me even trying to book the Park Inn then? Any suggestions for close, cheap, decent alternatives?

They do still have a few single rooms available (or did when I called on Monday)

Hi Danny, me and my friend are both gold and a bit nervous about the drinks reception to be honest! I'll look out for you but feel free to add me on facebook.

Mandy Moran (picture is me and my cat)

I phoned the Park Inn this morning and booked my room for Sat & Sun. I don't know how many are available, but the lady on the phone was talking as if it was fine, before she even asked what kind of room I wanted. I just made sure to mention the convention when I was booking. So maybe there are still enough rooms?

I knew it.... the hotels are all against me!!!! :D

Thats just sooo weird coz I told the lady the other day that I was attending the con and she just kept saying there was nothing left. Then she told me she would get the booking manager to call me to see if he could fix the booking mistake but the guy never bothered to call so I just gave up and booked the B&B. I might try calling them again on Tuesday and see if theres still any chance of getting a room there after all.

Oh, and if spankings are being offered around then I'm in.... hee hee :(

Ta ta for now

xxx

I just gave up and booked the B&B. I might try calling them again on Tuesday and see if theres still any chance of getting a room there after all.

I'd stick with the B&B :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,. Important message Re Park Inn Hotel we have been told to find a new room because they are having a Major Refurbishment of the Hotel and our rooms are being done at the time of the convention, Thankfully we have found a beautiful Hotel not far away so were very lucky. I would recommend you all phone and double check your reservations, as the Builders are going to be in the Hotel for 6 months so the Hotel is going to be in termoil, We have had our room booked since January but now the builders are in and rooms are being pulled to bits we no longer have a room. I just want us all to have fun and don't want anyone disapointed so do double check your bookings, I don't know how easy it will be at this late stage to find a new room should you need one but it will give you about 2 weeks if you do need to find somewere else. I am sure if i hadn't phoned to check a few things about my booking that i wouldn't have know about my lack of room until i arrived as they didn't phone me, So hope this information helps and hope everything is O.K. See you at B.T.L. for Fun Fun Fun. :chair:

Hi Everyone,. Important message Re Park Inn Hotel we have been told to find a new room because they are having a Major Refurbishment of the Hotel and our rooms are being done at the time of the convention, Thankfully we have found a beautiful Hotel not far away so were very lucky. I would recommend you all phone and double check your reservations, as the Builders are going to be in the Hotel for 6 months so the Hotel is going to be in termoil, We have had our room booked since January but now the builders are in and rooms are being pulled to bits we no longer have a room. I just want us all to have fun and don't want anyone disapointed so do double check your bookings, I don't know how easy it will be at this late stage to find a new room should you need one but it will give you about 2 weeks if you do need to find somewere else. I am sure if i hadn't phoned to check a few things about my booking that i wouldn't have know about my lack of room until i arrived as they didn't phone me, So hope this information helps and hope everything is O.K. See you at B.T.L. for Fun Fun Fun. ^_^

I have now booked into The Embankment Hotel in Bedford as it has been Re furbished earlier this year and has only just reopend, fantastic reviews on Laterooms website and the Embankment also have there own website check it out if you are struggling to find a room. It is about 7 mins walk from the Park Inn and there is a Leisure Park not far away from the Embankment called Aspects Leisure Park with a Cineworld and Pizza Hut so something to pass the time away on the Friday night while we wait for Saturday. Hope this helps. :P