An audience with Scott Bakula

• Showmasters Admin

London Film and Comic Con will be hosting an Audience with Scott Bakula.

We are excited to announce that we will be holding an audience with Scott Bakula at LFCC on Saturday 18th July 2009 time to be confirmed

There will be a 45 minute talk with Scott

Everyone who attends this talk will receive a a unique limited & numbered 12"x16" photo print

Seating is limited and will be numbered, so the first to buy will be the first in the auditorium. All Gold Pass holders will have reserved seating and do not need to purchase a ticket.

Tickets are just £20 each and you can purchase these through our online store HERE

Showmasters

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I got one for Patrick last year, and yes I must admit it was by far the best one I'd been to. He really seemed to give a fantastic effort for all of us, and I definitely felt I got my moneys worth.

I can imagine Scott will be worth seeing too.

Sorry...can I just ask then...so is Scott not doing a normal, free talk at all then? And apart from the photo...what makes the 'audience with' worth the money...I didn't go to the one last year with Patrick Stewart...is it just like the free talks...or perhaps a bit of song and dance...lol...actually Scott could do that...sorry got sidetracked by the thought of Scott serenading us...happy thoughts!

Techinally it is the same, the guest is on stage taking questions.

But as Patrick and Scott are both very busy people and guests, they need extra incentive to do a talk for 45 mins to an hour (Patrick made them go over a bit to answer more questions) when they could make a shed load from autographs in that time.

Basically it is like getting an autograph, except it is watching the person on stage for 45 mins+.

As I said before, I was hesitent with Patrick, but bit the bullet. I will never regret that decision, his talk was epic. I expect Scott's to be as good, seems like the sort of guy who would do well in a talk situation with fans (as long as a certain large, geordie gentleman keps quiet lol)

Plus Patrick's was £25 last year. Like I said, its equal to getting an autograph in terms of money, but you get to actually have them speak and maybe even ask them something (a big guest like this may be too busy to talk that much at the table)

I have this ticket and a photoshoot ticket for Scott, and want to get an auto as well. Dont regret spending any of it.

And no, this will mean no free talk from him.

Sorry...can I just ask then...so is Scott not doing a normal, free talk at all then?

No, I don't think so.

is it just like the free talks...or perhaps a bit of song and dance...lol

There's no special theme or something. The main difference is that the free talks are usually way shorter than 45 minutes, about half an hour give or take a couple of minutes.

I did go to the Patrick Stewart talk, and like David I definitely felt I got my money's worth. That's a totall subjective feeling though, I am aware of that.

I really can't decide between the talk and the photoshoot... I can't afford both... as much as I'd like to.

Argh... can anyone who's been to these things before suggest which would be best?

I'd say go for the talk. It lasts longer and you might be able to take some photos at the start of the talk.

I really can't decide between the talk and the photoshoot... I can't afford both... as much as I'd like to.

Argh... can anyone who's been to these things before suggest which would be best?

I'd say go for the talk. It lasts longer and you might be able to take some photos at the start of the talk.

Thanks, think I'll go to the talk then :)

Excitement level rising...

:D

"Charged for talks" is something I've anticipated and feared since Patrick Stewart's last year. I really hoped it wouldnt become a regular thing but I guess if they can make money then they will. It can be really expensive though if you're getting an auto, a photoshoot and a talk ticket. It's even worse when you cant have over the desk photos meaning you have to get a photoshoot if you want a pic.

I guess all big guests will always have "charged for" talks now and it worries me that even guests who only represent one fandom like the Twilight bloke have them too.

Edited by nicky

I guess all big guests will always have "charged for" talks now and it worries me that even guests who only represent one fandom like the Twilight bloke have them too.

Yea, kick up the bum to the Twilight fans who couldn't afford ET, but will instead be paying over the odds for just one guest at LFCC...

I've not been to a non-con free talk in a while now! Nor a paid one cos I can't afford it lol... For me, the memory of a talk will disappear quickly, but you'll always have the photoshoot and squiggle, so they are priority for me...

"Charged for talks" is something I've anticipated and feared since Patrick Stewart's last year. {...} I guess all big guests will always have "charged for" talks now and it worries me that even guests who only represent one fandom like the Twilight bloke have them too.

I saw it coming too, and I think I'm not against this development in principle, on the understanding that it leads to bigger guests... we'll have to see how it develops.

I hate the idea and will not support it.

Because it's the Count, or just in general? If it was someone particularly important to you, would you refuse to go if it was a paid talk?

That's a general comment. Scott Bakula is quite an important guest for me but I simply dislike the idea of having to pay for a 45 minutes talk. Usually during these talks there is also a lot of noise and since English is not my mother tongue, it might be difficult to understand everything the guest says. Therefore, I'm not going to pay £15 to attend a guest's talk.

I simply dislike the idea of having to pay for a 45 minutes talk.
Maybe someone can write notes during the talk or bring in a dictaphone then post all the Qs and As on here. That might scrwe the system up a bit. Fight the Power!

• Showmasters Admin
I simply dislike the idea of having to pay for a 45 minutes talk.
Maybe someone can write notes during the talk or bring in a dictaphone then post all the Qs and As on here. That might scrwe the system up a bit. Fight the Power!

And that's going to work :unsure:

As we can remove anything we don't want to be posted. How exactly do you believe you'll win this Power struggle? :huh:

Edited by Too Tall