Invasion 2010

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a one day convention in a school, which works perfectly well. You have the panels in the main hall and autograph sessions in the sports hall or class rooms. Quite funny queing outside classrooms in fact.

It probably works out better value for money than a two day - 10 guests at least. You don't see 20 in two days

It's on the first of May though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think this has a fantastic line up so far! as good as TQ in a way, some fantastic companions in one place, im def going will buy my silver soon

as its a one day event do many photo shoots and talks clash? do all the guests do photos?

just noticed SM say its may 8th in the threads first post, isnt it may 1st?

as its a one day event do many photo shoots and talks clash? do all the guests do photos?

Yes and usually. It's rare you get to do everything, -if you did there'd be a lot of waiting around whilst everybody else did the same. There simply isn't time. That's what paying to go silver or gold gets you - prority queuing, so you can do that and get off to the panels.

The website details the date as May 1st so it will be that date.

And yes as had been said, photo shoots will clash with talks. Usually a photo shoot starts at the same time as a talk, so you can get the photo shoot quickly and go to the hall for the rest of the talk.

Yes and usually. It's rare you get to do everything, -if you did there'd be a lot of waiting around whilst everybody else did the same. There simply isn't time. That's what paying to go silver or gold gets you - prority queuing, so you can do that and get off to the panels.

humm the perk of priority from what few events ive been to seems to only work half the time, for example in toms talk at time quest i was in the second row and next to me was a guy with a standard pass.

im def going silver, with a vague possibility of gold, but my main focus is the photo shoots with fraizer, nic, william, peter, wendy, richard and jill with talks a second priority with them at the moment,

do photo shoots clash at these one day ones? or is it one booth like TQ?

The website details the date as May 1st so it will be that date.

And yes as had been said, photo shoots will clash with talks. Usually a photo shoot starts at the same time as a talk, so you can get the photo shoot quickly and go to the hall for the rest of the talk.

so same as TQ but tighter as its a one day event, humm ok, as long as i get the photos ill be happy but id really like to get in on the talks, especially fraizer and wendy who id assume would do one together

If it's similar to Time Crash last year(which i'd assume it would be) people will probably be doubled up on stage, possibly Frazer & Wendy, William & Peter, Nick & Richard. But thats only speculation. That kind of had a schedule like:

10.30 45 minute talk

10.30 Photo Session 1

11.15 45 minute talk

11.15 Photo Session 2

12pm 45 minute talk

12pm Photo Session 3

12.50 45 minute talk

12.50 Photo Session 4

13.35 45 minute talk

13.35 Photo Session 5

14.20 45 minute talk

14.20 Photo Session 6

3pm-5pm Autographs

It obviously wont be exactly like that and the photo sessions will probably be more regular as theres quite a lot of guests, and maybe they will double up on talks, maybe they wont. But it gives an idea. Basically talks and photo shoots usually overlap, autographs will possibly be done at the end of the day(if like Time Crash)

At Time Crash I had a Silver pass and basically if you get to each of the photo sessions for the starting time, you'll get taken within a couple of minutes and can go back to the hall to enjoy the majority of the talks