Heroes Season 3 - Episode 25 - Finale Discussion

DavidB

That was a great finale. My main issue is they robbed us of actually seeing the Sylar vs Peter fight, again.

I imagined Tracy reappearing exactly the way it was shown the moment she smashed into pieces - I love being right, haha. I actually wasn't expecting her to be the volume 5 villainess, though. But I kinda like the idea now.

I was so pissed at what they did to Sylar, until the volume 5 preview. I think some sort of split personality storyline for Nathan/Sylar would be awesome next season, and still allows for my Quinto time. I'm glad it wasn't as straight forward as Sylar just pretending to be Nathan like FYG future - that was too simple.

I think they had the perfect time to kill Hiro. Not sure where they're leading with him now.

I sure do hope Peter only has shapeshifting - I can't cope with him being uber-powerful yet uber-stupid again.

In reality, nobody really died - by which, I mean, no actors have actually left the show. I thought they were trying to save money? =P

And... what's the point in Mohinder, again?

Nevermind, I still loved the episode. Deciding if it was better than season 1 finale or not, as season 1 finale was good but not special.

Edited by Lenatalia

• Moderators

The finales are often a let down because they seem to be incapable of doing great big battles, which is a shame as when they build it all up, you kinda wanna see that.

I suppose it was even less likely now though. I mean S1 was huge, and if they couldn't do it then, the budget was hardly going to be given this time around. So we just got a few blue flashy bits through a door instead, joy :lol:

It was good though. Predictable in places to a point, but they did try to do things in a little different way than what I thought.

I did think at one point that perhaps they should've had Parkman 'convince' Angela and Noah that it is Nathan, rather than letting all three of them know it's not. It could've built up to a very emotional moment with Angela eventually finding out that it's not, but I suppose they all need to be aware just in case.

I think I just find the idea a little creepy that Angela would actually be ok with hanging around with 'Nathan' when it's not. But hey what do I know lol

It'll be interesting to see how Parkman deals with the burden of what he did though.

I thought it was the best episode of the series tbh. It had tension, suspense and the actors showed that they can actually act!

I really hope the next series/volume will introduce new characters and give those ones that have had a lot of backstory (i.e Mohinder/Claire/Peter etc) a rest. It looks like 'Sylar' (as played by Zach Quinto) won't be around much, so that's a start!

I didnt like the 'Nathan is Sylar' idea. It is VERY creepy of Angela to do that and VERY unlike HRG to let it happen. He knows, better than most, that a little mind trick isnt going to keep Sylar buried for long!

It was ok :D

Well I loved that episode :D Annoying that we didn't get to see the fight though, I want to know how Peter managed to touch him, and survive the fight without being able to heal.

I thought that one or two of the cast were meant to be leaving, either quitting or being let go?

I think they had the perfect time to kill Hiro. Not sure where they're leading with him now.

I'm glad they didn't kill him, I like him :( Mohinder will hopefully work out how to save Hiro and his ability to use his... ability :P

I sure do hope Peter only has shapeshifting - I can't cope with him being uber-powerful yet uber-stupid again.

I'm not a huge fan of the shape shifting power, I'm actually hoping he got all of them but from what Peter said to Sylar in the car it seemed to me like he'd only absorbed that one. I think though that he should've taken Hiro's power at the end since it's the most powerful and useful ability and Hiro's not meant to use it anymore.

well bonniesrg there's always bbc3 tonight...plenty of Sylar then :D

And drool I did.

He's there to be the prettiest person in all the land, don't be hating on Mohinder. :D

I think I just find the idea a little creepy that Angela would actually be ok with hanging around with 'Nathan' when it's not. But hey what do I know lol

Do you mean when she went to have lunch with him, I took that as her having to keep an eye on him, make sure none of Sylar's personality immerged.

I liked the episode, I'm very sad about Nathan but happy that Pasdar is not leaving. I like Pasdar's interpretation of Sylar, and it's a change from 'Five Years Gone' Sylar as Nathan. I don't really like how this means reduced time for both actors, especially when I'm pretty sure Claire's gonna be on the screen a lot.

Ando made me laugh when he took his and Hiro's pictures off the board and put them in his pocket, because they'll never get another picture of them. :D

I have no idea why Sylar thought he and Claire are meant to be, please stop with the Claire obsession.

It was nice at the end how HRG saw Angela's pain when Sylar/Nathan was standing next to her, so he went to stand by her side for comfort and support.

Edited by bonniesrg

He's there to be the prettiest person in all the land, don't be hating on Mohinder. :P

You prefer him to Sylar? :P

He's there to be the prettiest person in all the land, don't be hating on Mohinder. :P

I have no idea why Sylar thought he and Claire are meant to be, please stop with the Claire obsession.

Neither can die (well they can but it's not easy to kill them), neither should age anymore (or at least not much) so they'll continue to stay young and pretty forever and ever lol, why would he want to be with someone who would grow old and die? :P

Edited by Christoff

well I'm ready to be yelled at but I didn't really like it! lol As for Ali back - that just annoyed me a lot.

Nathan/Sylar split personality will be interesting I guess and seeing how the others deal with it but I certainly don't have the OMG what's going to happen next that I had at the end of s1.

so yeah - whatever! hahahahah

He's there to be the prettiest person in all the land, don't be hating on Mohinder. :D

You prefer him to Sylar? :D

Don't even joke about such a thing, of course not. He is my second favourite though. I love how he runs like a girl and in season 1 how he fought the fake exterminator guy by jumping on his back and that he uses a gold elephant statue as a weapon. :lol:

Neither can die (well they can but it's not easy to kill them), neither should age anymore (or at least not much) so they'll continue to stay young and pretty forever and ever lol, why would he want to be with someone who would grow old and die? ;)

Because then he can do an Adam and marry over and over if he wants, he even asked Claire if she wanted to be his 'First, first lady' not his only first lady. So I took that to mean that even he knew he'd get bored with her after awhile.

Elle made sense with him, and I even think Tracy would make more sense with him then Claire. Having lot's of things in common does not make you a good match, you'd be talking about the same things all the time. Having differences is good, means you have different things to talk about.

And Claire is too whiny.

Edited by bonniesrg

Have they forgotten that Claire's blood can heal people? Could've really saved Nathan instead of making Sylar think he was Nathan. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of bringing people back every time they die but they've done it before so makes no sense why they (the characters) wouldn't do it this time.

Have they forgotten that Claire's blood can heal people? Could've really saved Nathan instead of making Sylar think he was Nathan. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of bringing people back every time they die but they've done it before so makes no sense why they (the characters) wouldn't do it this time.

Because the show no longer makes sense...

I enjoyed the finale a lot and even though their have been a lot of rumours i was still :P:( when real Nathan was killed. But at least we stil get Adrian, who i love as Nathan (but is really Sylar)

I hope we get to see Zach as Sylar again because it'll be a waste if we don't, that scene with him and Claire was great "What's your brother's name again? Larry" :P

Next volume looks intersting, Tracy's back so that should be interesting and also the whole dynamics of Sylar beleiving he is Nathan and whether we'll slowly see Sylar return.

Hiro is getting a little pointless as a character and so i hope they give him a decent stroyline next season. And Mohinder needs something to do as well; i still think Mohinder Matt and Molly should come back together because the three of them had such a great chemistry.

Hopefully Heroes will get a brand new season and a brand new start so they can increase their ratings again :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was so happy when nathan bought the farm...then it turned in to mega fail and they forgout everything that happened in thes easons before FAIL FAIL FAIL..

if you were at eclipse you will know how much i dislike the finaly fail

I thought that nathan had been given some of claire's blood in s2 to heal all his burns.

Also HRG was given Claire's blood when he died.

So they probably decided not to recycle that idea.

Which is silly I think, but whatever.