Caroline Munro

Antoine1985

Just wanted to thank the Showmasters team for a great event. Came on the Sunday to meet Joan Collins and Caroline Munro, both of whom I've been a long-time fan of.

Getting Ms. Collins' autograph did seem a pretty quick process but she was polite and friendly with me and happily signed my Tales From the Crypt Belgian half-sheet; she even had a go at pronouncing the German title! I was a little disappointed that she wasn't posing for photographs outside of the photoshoot, but I'm more than happy with professional photo I have. :-)

Caroline Munro is one of the loveliest people I've ever met; she had so much time for everyone that approached her and happily posed for photographs with everyone. I was talking to her for a good fifteen minutes and she answered all my questions about Maniac, Star Crash, Slaughter High and The Spy Who Loved Me, amongst others.

Wish I hadn't been so nervous when I first approached her as there was a hundred more things I wanted to ask but had a complete mind-blank when I got there! I asked her to sign two stills, and she wrote a long dedication on both.

She was also very talkative in the Bond Girls chat, and the whole episode with her mobile was hilarious.

And finally, she's still as GORGEOUS as ever! :-D

Ms. Munro seems to be a regular on the fan circuit, please ask her back again!

Any other fans have experiences with Caroline/Joan they'd like to share? I'd love to hear about them.

3305_691942270595_61403121_41956168_1168562_n.jpg

Caroline is infectious! She is always smiling and she just radiates at every show she attends!! It seems to rub off on whoever she's sat with as well - Martine Beswick was beaming this weekend and I think that has a lot to do with her positioning.

The best thing about Caroline is she actually always seems very interested in conversation - and not just taking your cash in return for a quick sig.

On top of all that she is still very attractive and it's a natural beauty - nothing too cosmetic. A great guest who I wish could grace every show with her presence!!

Caroline is always a great guest,so down to earth and one of the select few guests that i will always purchase a repeat signature from. Ive got about 10 items signed over the past 2 years by Caroline and there is still room for more,i think weve met her about 5 times in over 12 months at various shows and shop signings.

On this occassion i was chuffed which ive mentioned elswhere on the forum as she remembered me so much so she asked where my gf was this time round as last time they both had an in depth chat about their hair and make up. Caroline was so fascinated by this months copy of LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORS which she features inside that i almost gave her my copy but as its already signed by Stephanie Beacham i couldnt really part with it.

Caroline is a very attractive lady much like all the Hammer girls still are and a lovely person too.Shes was the main reason along with Maddy and Martine that i travelled to Mid and i told her so.

Im glad somebody started this thread as Caroline is the bomb.

On the subject of getting the belgian poster for Tales from the crypt signed by Joan i had that idea too but i lost out on ebay to someone else.Im envious.Its a nice little poster.

Edited by Phantom

You spoke to her for 15 minutes?! I couldn't speak to many or any guests for more than half a minute or a couple of minutes. No sooner did I get in a queue then someone else was already standing behind me waiting. It puts you off wanting to speak to a guest for a while.

Caroline is a great guest who is always worth seeing again. I wanted to get her to sign the Slaughter High R1 DVD. It was only released in the US a few days before the event last weekend, so there wasn't enough time for me to get a copy.

Edited by SunSpeed

Caroline was absolutely great :smile: Must've talked with her for a good 10/15minutes about Maniac, and seemed happy that i knew it despite not having seen it (waiting for uncut version appear sometime) and that Tom Savini designed his own head exploding. Also intrested in me doing film studies with tv and film producton at uni and wished me luck-i need it espes with the media department. If she was at another event i'd quite happily go up to her table and get another autograph.

Phantom- was it you who had wait couple mins for her sig as she was busy talking to me? You also had a old guy take your photo with her?

Great to hear so many people had such good experiences with Caroline.

I agree with you lukeowl - Caroline really seems genuinely interested in her fans, and as I mentioned in my original post, she not only answered all the questions I could remember but also asked a lot about myself and what I was interested in; just like with you, madmilburn.

Sunspeed - it must have been good timing for me as when I arrived I only had to wait a few moments to talk to her and nobody else queued for a while after me, she was chatting the entire time and posed for several photographs... She even told me she loved my aftershave; at which point I turned redder than her Spy Who Loved Me swimsuit.

Phantom, I'm *so* jealous you've met Caroline so many times! How do you hear so much about her whereabouts? Her website doesn't seem to be 100% up-to-date in terms of public appearances? If you ever hear of her making an appearance again I'd be really grateful if you could give me a shout as I've just acquired a Star Crash one-sheet I'd LOVE her to sign.. Shame it arrived a couple of days too late!

And yes, that Joan Collins poster looks great - it's one of the only ones from that movie I've seen that only features her... and some fabulous painted '70s artwork!

Keep the Caroline stories coming, it's great to hear everyone enjoyed meeting her as much as I did.

Phantom, I'm *so* jealous you've met Caroline so many times! How do you hear so much about her whereabouts? Her website doesn't seem to be 100% up-to-date in terms of public appearances? If you ever hear of her making an appearance again I'd be really grateful if you could give me a shout as I've just acquired a Star Crash one-sheet I'd LOVE her to sign.. Shame it arrived a couple of days too late!

Well Caroline has been to the Midlands i think 3 times now in the past 12 months.Caroline has also appeared at my local Forbidden Planet in Manchester and the Who shop in Blackpool over the past 18 months.I found out about the last two appearances by chance browsing for Hammer news and ill give you a shout if i hear of any although this may be tricky on this forum what with not being able to mention other gigs.

Its a shame about the website.Hopefully someone will give it an overhall and restart it one day.

I pretty much only attend shows for Hammer stars or actors from uk horror from the 50s to the early 70s nowadays and everyone ive met has been as friendly as Caroline.

Really?! How annoying - I too am based in the north-west! I walk past Forbidden Planet every week and managed to miss out on Ms. Munro there! What a shame...

If you could sort a way of letting me know if you here any Caroline appearances that'd be fantastic, perhaps a private message? Can you do those on here? I'm new to posting in the forums. :-)

And the Little Shoppe of Horrors magazine is very familiar - I think you were in front of me when I met her! Did she show the picture around and comment "I wish!" upon the figure they'd drawn her?

Totally agree about the website - it needs some jazzing up; the size of the gallery is CRIMINAL - where are all those superb Lamb's Navy ads from the '70s?

And the Little Shoppe of Horrors magazine is very familiar - I think you were in front of me when I met her! Did she show the picture around and comment "I wish!" upon the figure they'd drawn her?

Yeah that was me as i remember seeing you with another guy standing around on my first visit to Caroline.

As for the info if anything comes up my email is on my profile and ill keep you posted.

Yes that's right... That was probably my poor Father who was on photography duty for the day.

Thanks for your help, I'd appreciate it if you hear anything... And hopefully Showmasters have heard us and will continue to ask Caroline to their future events!

Anyone else going to share any stories? :-D

Hopefully Showmasters have heard us and will continue to ask Caroline to their future events!

Anyone else going to share any stories? :-D

I first met Caroline at Autographica 10 (I think, October 2007 anyway) and was so bowled over I joined the fan club. I've since met Caroline at a Birmingham event, Autographica 12, Peterborough Collectors' Fair and the Fan club Christmas party last year - She is very special.

I'm curious about the mobile phone story, do you remember enough to post it here?

My favourite piece of Collectables is from Autographica 10, Caroline was kind enough to pose for me, I had the photo printed up as a 10x8 and took it with me to Autographica 12 where she signed it for me. My photo signed by Caroline, a completely unique piece from a completely unique Lady. Very special indeed!