Stargate and Atlantis DVD boxsets

Galaxy-Song

Got SG-1 Seasons 1-10 + Ark of Truth for about 100 pounds off a amazon deal last year (what a bargain)

I got that as well, thought it was a great bargain :)

Sold off all my old collection (Season 1-9) on ebay, made about £75-80 back so the collection actually only cost me £25 so super bargain. Plus it takes up 1/3 of the space my original collection did :)

As for Atlantis I've got the first 3 season and was going to buy 4 but thought I'd wait and see if they do a 1-5 collection first.

arg so cool and yet also so sucky!!! the only SGA boxset I own is s4 as I missed so many of the eps (have most of the others on rips :D - all because don't get the channels/didn't have a tv) thing is when bought s4 last year (think it was to catch up before a con! :o) got it r1 for less than £20 because I thought r2 prices would never go that low and now they have but I'm a bit OD by where I would like all my boxsets to match :D

I also own the old style SG1 big DVD boxsets up to s6 (because RDA left in s7 and it became Fargate and I never saw Farscape so I resented and stopped watching and am only now finished with s9 and watching s10 :o) so pressume these ones are all the "slim" packaging?

also the DVD extras are different on the r2 sets, which is just REALLY annoying as I really like the behind-the-scenes stuff and you only tend to get those on the r1 sets... :P

surprised even SG1 s10 is £17.99!

(my head now feels like :o )

surfy sah xx

so pressume these ones are all the "slim" packaging?

I don't actually have any boxsets but remember reading that people weren't happy about them changing to the slim packaging due to them not matching the older ones, so I think the answer is "yes" :YAHOO:

does anyone know the release date for the complete s5 of Atlantis r2? it seems they are still releasing the volumes?

tried HMV and Play but couldn't find the date, even checked through all the of "pre-orders" arg :lol:

surfy sah xx

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ok time for me to finally continue with atlantis, got season 3 for 17 quid from zavvi arrived today, never got into atlantis, season 1 aside a couple of good eps was very average and to be honest i cant even remember season 2 aside the start and the finale lol, does it get better?

It does get better and to be honest season 1 of SGA was better than SGU..... Only 3 episodes of SGU were really any good.

see aside the odd blip i thought universe was fantastic and also really its what I thought atlantis should be. in SGA they can now get back to earth far to easily, or get help from earth far to easily.

Im watching series 3 now of atlantis, not much is happening, alot seems recycled sg1 stories, even human replicators showed up. Teal'c i mean ronan lol is fun but he just reminds me of teal'c and alot of was his name form andromeda but nicer.

teyla has nothing to do at all which is a massive shame, and has a very lesbo vibe with weir lol

sheppard and rodney are great but again sheppard is just a younger oneil. which is good cos i love oneil but your always thinking this when watching.

doc carlson is boring

weir, bland, much prefer the actor from sg1's the lost city.

im on the episode the real world and im bored, why cant they get RDA in some good eps, he keeps getting dull stuff in atlantis, hope it gets better this season.

its strange, i love SG1 and SGU but i just cant get into atlantis, i can enjoy most of it cos its stargate but Atlantis so far is def the lesser incarnation.

i do love it when robert davi shows up though

just finishing series 3 now, im enjoying it cos its stargate but not much is happening, it all feels like recycled or rejected sg1 scripts. but most of the cast i do like

ive heard much about the episode sunday where carlson dies and I thought it was a boring, uneventful and strange ep, almost like they decided we need a death and carlson is the most expendable lets kill him lol. yes his death scene was brave and nicely shot but the ep was boring. and jumped around stupidly.

weir and tayla need to get it on, they so want each other lol

tayla needs to be given more to do also.

I hear its all change in the last 2 seasons, is it a better or worse change?

• 2 weeks later...

I also own the old style SG1 big DVD boxsets up to s6 (because RDA left in s7 and it became Fargate and I never saw Farscape so I resented and stopped watching and am only now finished with s9 and watching s10 :D)

RDA was in season 8 he just didn't go offworld as often, he made a good general :spew:

There were some good episodes in that season, the 2 parter at the end of the season was fab.

Edited by Tanith