What did you think of the talks?

nicky

I went to the Saturday Indy talk and Sonny Landham's and both were great with lots of great Qs and answers.

I thought the room was probably a bit too big though and the lighting may have been better for when it came to pics but what's important was the sound and talk itself so all was good.

Anyone go to the Sunday Indy talk? I guess they had another one cos the other cast members like the Thuggee guards and cell boy were only signing that day?

I was surprised more people didn't attend to be honest

Yeah, that always suprises me - you'd think that everyone who was getting a sig from the guest(s) doing the talks would attend if they could, I mean if you already got a sig or were planning to and were still there, why wouldnt you go to the talk too?

I'm glad you asked that Indy 4 question as well in that way that you did - I'm not sure thaty'd have been so honest otherwise. I asked a similar Q to Karen Allen at LFCC Indy talk about the criticism the fridge and monkeys got.

Edited by nicky

The Saturday Indy talk was fantastic. Some hillarious moments (Crystal Skull responses, Ke saying he was scared sh*tless of Amrish Pur on set and Kevork Malikyan laughs!) and there were some intresting anctidotes. There was no talk afterwards, so I was a bit of shame it couldn't go on for just for an extra 10 minutes or so.

Also attended George Lazenby's talk, which I found very intresting, and he came across as a decent and funny chap there and during his Photoshoot, unlike at his table I must say.

Went to the Bond Girls talk on Sun, where we were allowed to move our chairs closer to the stage, which made the experience better. Felt a bit like 'Loose Women' at first :D . Asked a question, about how they though the Bond girls of today compare to the Bond girls of the 60's and 70's.

Anyone go to the Sunday Indy talk? I guess they had another one cos the other cast members like the Thuggee guards and cell boy were only signing that day?

Yeah I went, was allright. Sadly Ke didn't come to this one but the other 4 were there. Peter Pacey and Zia Geelani did the majority of the talking and had the decent ancitodes, the other 2 (Mellan Mitchell and Moti Makan) seemed like they'd rather be elsewhere and even gave me a sarcastic/dry answer to my "How were you cast in the film?" question unlike Peter and Zia. "We just sent our CV in and attended an audition, duh!!" is what they basically said. I asked the majority of the questions (Favourite scenes, KOTCS opinions, working with Connery and Elliot etc) as it seemed most of the other attendees were there for Ke.

I also asked the question "Was it scary working on Temple as a child?" which got nothing as Zia Geelani wasn't on the stage at the time. I'm an idiot.... :YAHOO:

I too went to the BOND girl talk.It was very intimate with us all gathered fairly close to the stage and the ladies were all very nice and fun to be around.Ill admit i only went to see Martine,Madeline and Caroline for their other roles as ive never sat through a full Bond movie since i was a kid in the 70s during Bank Holidays when we only had 3 channels but the other ladies seemed nice enough too.I managed to ask Madeline a Hammer related question about Peter Cushing and i wanted to ask Caroline and Martine about Christopher Lee and Ralph Bates but time flew by.

After the last show with Valerie Leon however I do think that seeing as the ladies only managed at the most 5 minuites screen time in each of the Bond movies they were in yet appeared pretty much all the way through their Hammer movies itd probably be better next time to have a HAMMER ladies talk if there are no other non Hammer Bond ladies present of course.

Edited by Phantom

I'm glad you asked that Indy 4 question as well in that way that you did - I'm not sure thaty'd have been so honest otherwise. I asked a similar Q to Karen Allen at LFCC Indy talk about the criticism the fridge and monkeys got.

What did she say? I had to shoot off before the Indy Talk at LFACC - was quite annoyed at the time. But agreed I thought it was good they were honest - and I got the impression from George Harris that he HAD seen the film, but just didn't want to comment, so he thought the best thing to do was keep schtum :)

What did she say? I got the impression from George Harris that he HAD seen the film, but just didn't want to comment,

She knew all about "nuke the fridge" when someone (after the film came out) gave her a cap with it written on the front. She thought it was funny but just kinda let the whole criticism go by and she just went with it. Same with Shia and the swinging monkeys.

That was pretty funny with George Harris. "I'm playing it safe. You never know who's out there." I also loved that comment, "if you ever get the chance to work with Speilberg, do!"

I also loved that comment, "if you ever get the chance to work with Speilberg, do!"

Yeah I liked that one too. By the way, the Skull question was actually my backup question - I wanted to ask them to contrast Spielberg's style on set with other directors they've worked with - and I was thinking specifically about the likes of Richard Donner for Quan, or some of the Potter directors for George Harris. But someone beat me to it with a Spielberg question :D

I would have liked to go to more of the Collectormania talks but the ones I was interested in tended to clash with Autographica talks and photo shoots.

So many good photoshoots going on all day Saturday that I missed the talks too. I did catch the Helen Sharman talk (I have no real interest in space but thought i'd try something different) and I have to say I loved it. First time i've attended a talk, and would definitely want to try to see more in future.

David Prowse talk on Saturday was REALLY VERY good, both my wife and myself were VERY happy we attanded. The only low point for me was how few people were there, maybe only 10 to 15, although we did still manage to get one person who felt it appropriate to answer his phone during.:pyth:

Anyway, great to hear from David, he certainly knows how to tell a story!

Edited by Donald

I went to the Indy talk on saturday and thought it was great

Ahmed El Shenawi had some great stories to tell, like that he couldn't fit his legs under the banquet table and had a hole cut in the floor of the set so he could sit down properly

I also got to meet Ke again right at the end of the event, i was lost in the hotel and trying to find my friends, and ran into him in the corridoors after everyone else had left the event, and asked him what he thought of seeing himself as a Lego toy in the indiana jones lego game!

he hadn't played it yet, and he wanted to know if they used his voice in the game, which they didn't, i told him that the characters don't really speak human language as they speak their own LegoIsh language which makes it hilarious, he was great to talk to