I'm Loving Joan Collins

Bond Fan

What a lovely lady - really made a fuss of my son and had a number of photos with him. Really chatty and seemed genuinely interested when we talked.

Fabulous to also meet Joie Vejjajiva and always great to see the lovely Caroline Munro.

From what I've read so far, you seem to be the only one who had such a great experience....I suspect it had something to do with your child being with you - guests do seem to act more enthusiastically in their prescense:

really made a fuss of my son and had a number of photos with him.

I heard there were at least two instances where she refused to sign the picture given to her? One was Lizzy's Star Trek pic and dunno about the other person but read it here somwhere.

Edited by nicky

Joan collins was great with me, i was dressed as Spiderman and i was through near the hotel reception and i was going through a seated area there and Joan Collins came up to me and asked if she could have a picture taken with me ( well Spiderman) She was really polite and full of fun.

Later when i was out of costume i was at autographica and as i went to approach her the minder stopped me as Joan Collins was getting ready to leave but i explained that i was Spiderman and joan had a picture taken of me earlier and with that i got my picture taken with Joan. Again she was great with me.

This made my day.

I am looking for the guy that also took my picture with Joan when i was dressed as spidey. I think he was a french guy.

I would love so much to have a copy.

the minder stopped me as Joan Collins was getting ready to leave but i explained that i was Spiderman
"But, but, but...I'm Spider-Man!!!" or was it, "Don't you know who I am?? I'm the Spider-Man, bitch!!"

And how did you know about that then Nicky lol?
Stobbs told me on Saturday. I still didnt recognise you. Joan signed a ST pic for someone else above though so I wonder why she didnt sign your's? What did she say and did you go for a sig in the end at all cos I know you only wanted ST. Edited by nicky

And how did you know about that then Nicky lol?
Stobbs told me on Saturday. I still didnt recognise you. Joan signed a ST pic for someone else above though so I wonder why she didnt sign your's? What did she say and did you go for a sig in the end at all cos I know you only wanted ST.

LOL how did Stobbs know?! I met him at LFCC but didn't see him this time round... wow, stories about me obv go round rather quickly!! :YAHOO:

What happened was, I found a really nice, HQ pic of her in Trek online (Vertical/portrait but of course), but as soon as she saw it she just went "oh no, I'm not signing this one, get another" and pushed it away in disgust, so I went to the table and got a horizontal/landscape Trek pic of her (I now have 6- had to take another off the wall to fit her in!) she did sort of apologise, saying that it was too "gummy" (her smile I'd assume), when really it was hardly diff to the one she did sign- she must have some serious insecurities there!! So that was personalised, and I printed a pic with her, Nimoy and Shatner to get multi signed (now that was purposefully horizontal/landscape, but most of my group ones are lol). She had no problem with that one!

Edited by Lizzy

so... kiwi told stobbs who told nicky who told THE INTERNET!

did Lizzy tell Kiwi or did Lizzy tell someone else who told that guy who told this girl who was talking to her dog who was over heard by a fella who told Kiwi who told Stobbs who told Nicky who told THE INTERNET?!

im confused.

Were all the goons in suits on the sundy afternoon with Joan? Just svereal of them walked in front of me taking a pic of diff guest-great one of Ernest Borgnine just pity GIS walked in front just as i oressed the button so hald of EB is blocked out. Managed get a pic or two of Joan, one them being where she was psoing with Gordon Banks,somesort publicty still i presume, with a GIS almost spoiling it

I missed all this...

I think we may have finally settled the mystery of who the subject of the song 'Your So Vain' is!

What, you mean you didn't realise?! :(

LOL how did Stobbs know?! I met him at LFCC but didn't see him this time round

Kiwi told me lol, sorry i didn't see you at the show must have kept missing ya.

Ah yes, I did tell Kiwi to warn him :D Sorry I missed you- did keep a look out for familiar faces but didn't see you!

so... kiwi told stobbs who told nicky who told THE INTERNET!

did Lizzy tell Kiwi or did Lizzy tell someone else who told that guy who told this girl who was talking to her dog who was over heard by a fella who told Kiwi who told Stobbs who told Nicky who told THE INTERNET?!

im confused.

I told Kiwi... as far as I know, no conspiracy :P However, the story did spread rather quickly!! I shall ponder over a rumour to start spreading at MK and will see how long it takes to hit the forum :P:(

Joan Collins was lovely to me. She asked me where I had got my photo and signed it 'Love to Andrew', and in the photo shoot she was really friendly. The photo arrived in the post today and I'm really happy with it!