Music / Musical Guests

MikeDonovan

What type of Music guests would you be interested in?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Music guests types : -

• I'd be interested in Music guests (i.e. guitarists, singers)
    • I'd be interested in Film score guests (i.e. Ennio Morricone, Howard Shore)
    • I'd be interested in guests from Musicals (i.e. Julie Andrews)
    • All three please!
    • No - not for me thanks

Just a way of indicating to SM / DP what level of interest there would be. There are events in the US mainland that have this type of guest, and it strikes me it's a big hole in the typical guest lineup. How interested would everyone be if such people turned up, and if you are interested what type of guests would you want to see?

For me there are people from all three I'd like to meet, but it'd probably be mainly rock music guests that I'd ideally want to see on the bill. Obviously with film scorers there'd be some crossover to the other SM events, but I suppose we're mainly talking about Autographica here.

Alice Cooper did a recent event in the States, may be a possibility?

Not sure I’d be interested to meet musical guest's to be honest, though if it was Belinda Carlisle then that's another matter.

Maybe Adam Ant id be interested in from a nostalgia point if view but other than that even though im a big music fan i cant think really of any musicians id like to meet from the past.

Id like to have chat with Mark E Smith from The Fall but i very much doubt hed manage a signing event without punching someone.

As for composers all the ones i like are dead and i forget if Lalo Schiffri or Jerry Goldsmith are alive or not but id meet them for their Apes and Dirty Harry Soundtracks.

Alan Howarth of John Carpenter fame is another id probably meet.

Edited by Phantom

I'd happily meet musical guests across the three sub genres you list.

I think we have Sports/Military/Astronautical/Film/TV so why not music guests? It is an area that seems really under represented when you consider how popular a medium it is.

Pete Best did an Autographica once.

All i will say is

Micky Dolenz Please

You mean you only want Mickey Dolenz - what about Davy Jones or the rest of the Monkees :blink: ?

Met peter a couple of Years ago. nicest guy in the world.

would love to meet them all again. But Mickey is my child hood hero. one of my fist memorys of the monkees when i was a kid, was mickey sliding down a banaster in to a big pink cake. Lol

Mike would be great to meet but that will never happen sadley

Mickey Dolenz - never intended to be the best vocalist in the band...but was! Poor old Davey!!

Would love to meet the Monkees. They often don't get the credit they deserve for the music they made. Mike Nesmith was a talented songwriter as well. I love "Papa Gene's Blues"!

I'd love to meet these guys!

Mickey Dolenz - never intended to be the best vocalist in the band...but was! Poor old Davey!!

Would love to meet the Monkees. They often don't get the credit they deserve for the music they made. Mike Nesmith was a talented songwriter as well. I love "Papa Gene's Blues"!

Been reading on another forum some guy met three of these last week - one of them was very unfriendly , wouldn't sign anything - see if you can guess which one ? :blink:

Been reading on another forum some guy met three of these last week - one of them was very unfriendly , wouldn't sign anything - see if you can guess which one ? :wub:

Depends which three s/he met. I think Peter Tork is unwell at present so I'm not sure it would be him.

Mickey has been hosting a show on Radio - some kind of West Coast sounds programme. So I figure he must have been over here recently. He always seems pleasant enough. As does Mike.... so by that reckoning....

I'd hazard a guess at our very own Mr. Jones as being the unfriendly chap!