Guest Suggestions

lukeowl

I've just seen where he's beeen announced at as well. That show is in May so he could still be coming to autographica in september

It's possible, yes, but becomes slightly less likely. Anyway, as much as I'd rather he was at an SM event, I'm not going to risk missing the chance to meet him.

On a serious note, this thread is likely to get chopped down by a moderator shortly - you've made it a bit easy to identify where he's been announced :P

i agree with this, i HATE the other event really but i need to meet Leslie

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along the military theme I'd like to see any SOE agents, Lysander Pilots or SAS/Special Forces from WW2.

I'm not sure if any of the SAS Originals (those that joined up when David Stirling first formed the Regiment) are still with us but there must be several members of the Regiment who served in WW2 who are still around.

Also John McAleese was announced a while back but had to cancel on the day, what about getting him back?

I've just seen where he's beeen announced at as well. That show is in May so he could still be coming to autographica in september

It's possible, yes, but becomes slightly less likely. Anyway, as much as I'd rather he was at an SM event, I'm not going to risk missing the chance to meet him.

On a serious note, this thread is likely to get chopped down by a moderator shortly - you've made it a bit easy to identify where he's been announced ;)

i agree with this, i HATE the other event really but i need to meet Leslie

I completelyagree - SM should get him for Sept - and announce him asap - would be much better to see him at Autographica. He's the right sort of guest for it.

Last show was fantastic for military guests, how about more for Autographica 14 ? More Bomber/Fighter pilots would be fine but would also love to see some Royal Navy representation too. Joe Ekins was a great guest, again more of the same. How about the Gurkha VC winners ?

Author Henry Metelmann who couldn`t make this show due to illness, hope to see him at the next one.

........ How about the Gurkha VC winners ?

Author Henry Metelmann who couldn`t make this show due to illness, hope to see him at the next one.

Yes, how about some Gurkha VCs. Lets show that by seeking their autographs, the general public of this country have respect for them even if the current abysmal government do not. Joanna Lumley would approve.

Last show was fantastic for military guests, how about more for Autographica 14 ? More Bomber/Fighter pilots would be fine but would also love to see some Royal Navy representation too. Joe Ekins was a great guest, again more of the same. How about the Gurkha VC winners ?

I had just come on here to make the same suggestion myself, though at the same time why not widen the scope to any VC holders. Though I agree the Gurkha's need the recognition now more than ever

Any Apollo astronaut always very welcome - wouldnt mind seeing Al Bean, Dick Gordon and Walt Cunningham again, or Al Worden, Rusty Schweikart (sp) either. Be real cool if you could get a complete crew - A9 would be the one to go for realistically I guess.

And lastly Harrison Schmitt - go on showmasters, that'd be a real scoop!

Any Apollo astronaut always very welcome - wouldnt mind seeing Al Bean, Dick Gordon and Walt Cunningham again, or Al Worden, Rusty Schweikart (sp) either. Be real cool if you could get a complete crew - A9 would be the one to go for realistically I guess.

And lastly Harrison Schmitt - go on showmasters, that'd be a real scoop!

I agree that the complete A9 crew would be great, but I believe Jim McDivitt made noises last time that he would not be back over the Pond. Dave Scott and Rusty would be very acceptable.

Realistically, you are not going to get Harrison Schmitt. If it were a geological symposium, that would be different, but he just does not do Autograph shows.

Anybody interested in Walter Cronkite who did the A11 commentary for CBS?

As Bond-Fan I would like to see:

Britt Ekland

Carmen de Sautoy

Aliza Gur

Tina Hudson

Sue Vanner

Kell Tyler (Belle Avery)

Mary Stavin

Kristina Wayborn

Maud Adams

Dulice Liecier

Carl Rigg

John Rhys-Davis

Mona Chong

Dani Sheridan

Ingrit Back

Tanya Roberts

Some more of my wants:

Joel Grey - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001297/

Eli Wallach - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908919/

Debbie Reynolds - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001666/

Hello,

Yes,yes,yes...Eli Wallach. i'll second that!! :crying:

Excellent suggestions - ive been asking for Debbie Reynolds as long as I can remember!!! Would be a bonus if she turned up with her just-as-famous daughter.

Due to wedding organisation I couldn't make the last event. I write this now from my honeymoon cottage in St Davids - don't tell the wife!

I would like to see more WW2 guests, particularly Pegasus bridge and Dambuster vets. In addition to the legend George Johnson, here are some crew still alive and signing at another event very soon:

Sergeant FRED SUTHERLAND RCAF - posted to 617 Sqn in March 1943 he was the front gunner in Les Knight’s Lancaster AJ-N which first went to the Mohne Dam before successfully beaching the Eder Dam. Shot down four months later, he managed to evade capture and escape back to England through Holland, France and Spain with the help of Resistance movements.

Flight Sergeant GRANT McDONALD RCAF - the Canadian rear gunner on Lancaster AJ-F flown by Ken Brown in the third wave of the raid. Flying at low level on route across Holland and Germany, Grant and the other gunners managed to shoot up and damage three trains before reaching, and attacking, the Sorpe Dam.

Sergeant RAY GRAYSTON - having previously served with 50 Sqn, he was posted to 617 Sqn in March 1943 and became the Flight Engineer on Lancaster AJ-N piloted by Les Knight which successfully breached the Eder Dam. When his aircraft was shot down later that year, Ray was taken PoW and sent to Stalag Luft III where he remained until the end of the war.

Corporal KEN LUCAS - joining the RAF in 1940 he trained as ground crew on Bomber Command and was sent to 49 Sqn before transferring to 617 Sqn upon its formation. Ken was heavily involved in carrying out the modifications to the aircraft prior to the raid, including fitting the motors that drove the belt to spin the bomb, and attaching the crucial lamps to the underside of the aircraft.

I've mentioned it on several occasions in the past but how about the legend - James Garner. Also, for those of us who are old enough to remember, link him with Sir Roger Moore (play the UNICEF card) for a Maverick reunion.

Both or either would make great guests.

Another great draw would be Burt Reynolds who was such a hit at LFCC a few years back.

I think either Jason or Dave has said that they've tried to get Burt Reynolds back but he didn't want to do anyother signing appearance in the UK again.

Would definately agree with your suggestion for James Garner though, he would be a great guest

I think either Jason or Dave has said that they've tried to get Burt Reynolds back but he didn't want to do anyother signing appearance in the UK again.

Yes, Jason has posted about this before. They've tried, but things didn't work out.