Guest Suggestions

lukeowl

Val Kilmer (4th time lucky?)

Anthony Edwards

Pete Pettigrew

Kelly McGillis

Do you mean Timothy Spall who plays Pettigrew in the Harry Potter movies? Or is there someone who actually goes by that name? :YAHOO:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either Jason or Dave has said that they've tried to get Burt Reynolds back but he didn't want to do anyother signing appearance in the UK again.

Yes, Jason has posted about this before. They've tried, but things didn't work out.

So is there a particular reason why he doesnt want to return - did he just not enjoy it the last time? Its a shame as I bet alot of people would really welcome him back. I have about 10 DVDs i'd have to get signed.

PS any fans of Burt should check out his latest DVD 'A Bunch of Amateurs' , its a really good british comedy with Reynolds, Derek Jacobi, Imelda Staunton and Samantha Bond.

Edited by keithporter23

Pete 'Viper' Pettigrew was a fighter pilot and was a technical advisor on Top Gun.

Don't know if this is the fella referred to or not ?

Well, seeing as McGillis and Kilmer are mentioned in the same post, I would hazard a guess that you are indeed correct that it is he who is being referred to.

Timothy Spall would be good though!

I think either Jason or Dave has said that they've tried to get Burt Reynolds back but he didn't want to do anyother signing appearance in the UK again.

Yes, Jason has posted about this before. They've tried, but things didn't work out.

So is there a particular reason why he doesnt want to return - did he just not enjoy it the last time? Its a shame as I bet alot of people would really welcome him back. I have about 10 DVDs i'd have to get signed.

From memory it wasn't that he didn't enjoy attending the show just that he found the whole thing with the travelling then the full weekend signing and interacting with people a bit too tiring. I didn't meet him myself at LFACC but from what I saw of him he was making a real effort with people, standing up, chatting etc. I guess he's not the youngest anymore so it's understandable.

I think Jason's post where he explained the situation is in one of the older Autographica threads.

Anyway - enough of the Reynolds chitter chatter and back to some good old fashioned guest suggestions -

Chevy Chase will do just fine.

Don't get all uncool and heavy with me man or I'll have to give you a dose of medicine, and if I spike you you'll know you've been spoken to...

Christopher Lee.

I dont know but if hes prepared to go on the Alan Titmarsh show with nothing to plug surely a few hours signing in a nice hotel cant be that bad.

Also Ingrid Pitt,Fenella Fielding,The Collinson twins,Yutte Stensgaard,Veronica Carlson,Isla Blair,Freddie Francis,Edward De Souza,Andree Melly,Kate O Mara,Linda Hayden,Christopher Neame,Stephanie Beacham,Marsha Hunt,Yvonee Monlaur or Horst Jansson would be nice.

Edited by Phantom

Anyway - enough of the Reynolds chitter chatter and back to some good old fashioned guest suggestions -

Don't get all uncool and heavy with me man or I'll have to give you a dose of medicine, and if I spike you you'll know you've been spoken to...

Balls. I could take double anything you could....

I watched the Andrew Marr Show on BBC TV this morning.

One of his guests was Tony Iveson, DFC who as a Lancaster pilot with 617 Sqdn helped to sink the Tirpitz in Norway.

Sqn Ldr Iveson is one of the most youthful 90 year olds I have seen in a long while and is leading an appeal to raise funds for a permanent memorial to Bomber Command in London.

I am sure he would be delighted if he were given an invitation to be a guest at Autographica.

Theres never enough Burt chitter chatter - but I like your suggestion of Chevy Chase.

Some other comedians/comedy actors (Saturday Night Live types) would be good too -

Dan Aykroyd

Bill Murray

Martin Short

Billy Crystal

Harry Shearer

One of his guests was Tony Iveson, DFC who as a Lancaster pilot with 617 Sqdn helped to sink the Tirpitz in Norway.

Sqn Ldr Iveson is one of the most youthful 90 year olds I have seen in a long while and is leading an appeal to raise funds for a permanent memorial to Bomber Command in London.

I am sure he would be delighted if he were given an invitation to be a guest at Autographica.

Great suggestion.

Theres never enough Burt chitter chatter - but I like your suggestion of Chevy Chase.

Some other comedians/comedy actors (Saturday Night Live types) would be good too -

Dan Aykroyd

Bill Murray

Martin Short

Billy Crystal

Harry Shearer

I am glad you like my Chevy Chase suggestion, and I agree with your other suggestions too, BUT, you are massively wrong on Reynolds. The guy is a dick. I mean, Cannonball Run?!! Smokey and the Bandit?!! Just rubbish, rubbish things with no point to them whatsoever. Rubbish I tell thee.

Now, Reynolds has been once no need to have him over again.

Great suggestion.

Dan Aykroyd

Bill Murray

Martin Short

Billy Crystal

Harry Shearer

I am glad you like my Chevy Chase suggestion, and I agree with your other suggestions too, BUT, you are massively wrong on Reynolds. The guy is a dick. I mean, Cannonball Run?!! Smokey and the Bandit?!! Just rubbish, rubbish things with no point to them whatsoever. Rubbish I tell thee.

DELIVERANCE??

BOOGIE NIGHTS??

THE LONGEST YARD??

COP AND A HALF??,

OK maybe not the last one :blink: - but hes done some ace films over the years and just because you dont like his movies, he's not a dick. He's a nice guy by all accounts.

Edited by keithporter23

Great suggestion.

Dan Aykroyd

Bill Murray

Martin Short

Billy Crystal

Harry Shearer

DELIVERANCE??

BOOGIE NIGHTS??

THE LONGEST YARD??

COP AND A HALF??,

OK maybe not the last one :( - but hes done some ace films over the years and just because you dont like his movies, he's not a dick. He's a nice guy by all accounts.

Oh, come on, Keith!! He's useless and you know it!

Great suggestion.

Dan Aykroyd

Bill Murray

Martin Short

Billy Crystal

Harry Shearer

DELIVERANCE??

BOOGIE NIGHTS??

THE LONGEST YARD??

COP AND A HALF??,

OK maybe not the last one :P - but hes done some ace films over the years and just because you dont like his movies, he's not a dick. He's a nice guy by all accounts.

Oh, come on, Keith!! He's useless and you know it!

Burt was named the no. 1 star at the box office in Quigley Publications’ annual figures for five years running, from 1978 - 1982.

OK - no more Burt!!!

Harry Dean Stanton is a great actor who has been in lots of good films and he would be a great addition to those who collect signatures to those from the Alien films!As Brett would say,'Right'!!!

guest suggestion: Astronauts! Al Bean, Gene Cernan, would be nice! Eileen Collins, first female commander of the space shuttle. Tom Jones, the astro not the singer! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - Mike Collins!! Apollo 11 command module pilot. OR any shuttle astronauts. Maybe a couple of russian Cosmonauts would be nice. :P:(;););):blink::angry:

Im going to keep on bumping Mr Christopher Lee.

If it does happen give him a big talk session as 20 mins wouldnt be enough as he likes to talk.

Im sure if he can drop by Alan Titmartches show with nowt to promote im sure he can manage a signing event with as many breaks he deems necessary.

i see someone surgested dick van dyke.

he would be a great guest but we may all be in danger if he attends!

i'v watched diagnosis murder since i was about 10 years old skiving off school, and whenever dicks about someone gets killed! the same goes for jessica fletcher! and possibley monk.

so be warned!

on a serious note i'd like to meet leslie nielsen ~ george A remero ~ TALENTINO! ~ sean connery ~ john cleese ~ mark chopper reid or i suppose erik banner would do lol ~ and i know it's not your typical autographica guest but ethan suplee would be mint!

p.s any word on when the website will be updated/ first guest announcement?