Food!?

Lena

Jason posted this recently

The Hilton are putting on a special room were food and drink will be for sale at a reduced rate for attendees for both events

and its very nice of them to do so biggrin.gif

this way you do not have to go trompsing all around the place to get food at a good price

so see you there

jason

If not there are things in the NEC

Jason posted this recently

The Hilton are putting on a special room were food and drink will be for sale at a reduced rate for attendees for both events

and its very nice of them to do so biggrin.gif

this way you do not have to go trompsing all around the place to get food at a good price

so see you there

jason

If not there are things in the NEC

That's the room that tried to charge £9 for a sausage sandwich - if that's a reduced rate then the normal rates must be outrageously expensive. It's pretty disgraceful to charge that much I think.

What about the dealers that are working and can't be away from the stalls too long, they won't have time to get over to the NEC? :D

This is the prices from PREVIOUS autographice which was there

Hello everyone.

During the day hot snacks, food and drink will be available in the kings suite at the hotel.

A selection and prices are below.

Baguettes ham cheese etc £3

burger and chips £4

hot dog and chips £4

jacket potatoes cheese beans and salad £3

Coffee tea £1

soft drink cans £1

That was on forum for the last event, is there maybe another room???

Edited by scruffy

This is the prices from PREVIOUS autographice which was there

Hello everyone.

During the day hot snacks, food and drink will be available in the kings suite at the hotel.

A selection and prices are below.

burger and chips £4

hot dog and chips £4

Coffee tea £1

soft drink cans £1

That was on forum for the last event, is there maybe another room???

OK thanks for the info :) I'll try to find out if there's another room.

We paid nearly £9 for 1 glass of wine at the bar. I can't believe I actually bought one!

Fish & chips in the 'gastropub' was about £15 - and sandwiches in the bar area were minimum £12.

Anyone fancy going halves with me and buying a burger van, parking it in the carpark and we make some serious dosh. We could charge a tenner for a burger - it would still be miles cheaper than inside the hotel :D

Didn't bother with food during the evnet on either day (espes on sunday after the hiltons breakfast made my dad throw up and me feel awful). Prices at the wetherspoons werent much better so just went to the pizza hut near new street station- 17.01 4 large pizza with sweetcorn n onions, garlic bread, 2pots of teas n a fizzy drink with free refills- very tasty very sweet :)

• Showmasters Admin

well i do not know why anyone did not eat at the hotel i eat there both days and it was good and i saw around 150 to 200 people there each day i was there and it was good value and was good

burger and chips £4

hot dog and chips £4

Coffee tea £1

soft drink cans £1

as to the breakfast was great and i can not understand anyone having any issues with it one of the best have had for some time

jason

well i do not know why anyone did not eat at the hotel i eat there both days and it was good and i saw around 150 to 200 people there each day i was there and it was good value and was good

burger and chips £4

hot dog and chips £4

Coffee tea £1

soft drink cans £1

as to the breakfast was great and i can not understand anyone having any issues with it one of the best have had for some time

jason

Jason, the food area you had arranged was excellent - no complaints about that at all , and I hope theres something similar at all future shows. The problem was if you were staying at the hotel, and wanted food later after Showmasters was finished for the day.

Suppose it serves me right for not booking the dinner with the great guests on the Saturday night!! I will do next time. :D

I ate lunch in the specially laid on food court area both days and thought it was excellent value and was very pleased SM went to the trouble to organise something like this for the punters.

I also had breakfast in the hotel Sunday morning which was very good as well, excellent choice for the buffet and all good quality stuff.

I ate in the hotel bar Saturday evening and while £14 for a cheese and bacon burger and chips is not exactly cheap, it was freshly cooked, served promptly while it was nice and hot and it was a good sized portion.

I think generally you have to accept that in an airport hotel it's unlikely you are ever going to get a bargain eating in the hotel's regular restaurants.