Advice on trains from Glasgow to Bedford please

Zagreus

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and advise what the easiest way to get to Bedford by train is? I have checked the usual train sites and it looks far more complex than I would have thought, with several changes or expensive tickets. I would have thought it would be easy enough to get there from MK? I really do prefer going by train, so can anyone offer any advise on this? Thanks!

You did'nt say how much you were being quoted for a ticket, but It's possible to get to Bedford with 1 change for £55.

a 6am direct train to London Euston is £32 at the moment , then a St Pancras to Bedford direct is £19.90 single

If you were to do this option you'd be in Bedford just after 1pm.

There is a later train from Glasgow to Euston for the same price, but there's a change at Crewe for some reason.

This is if you travel down on Friday 12th June.

Thanks very much. I think prices ranged from about 50 to nearly 240! So if you think £55 is the cheapest, I will probably go for that. It's not THAT expensive, I am just used to getting cheap trains to London/Milton Keynes for about £18 and thought the extra journey would be as easy as MK to Northampton. This is kinda why I really wanted this event to be in Northampton. I was thinking of a train to Birmingham or MK, then on to Bedford, but as I said, not easy to do. If London is easiest, I may go for that. Thanks

Edited by Zagreus

I dunno, from Hertfordshire a return to London is £16 so it's surprising it's so much more in Bedford. But yeah, crosscountry to London then Thameslink to Bedford seems to be the best way, unless you can change at somewhere like Derby and take the Midland Mainline to Bedford?

Thank you. I will probably go for Glasgow to London on Friday, then London to Bedford. Then the reverse on Monday. As I said, I assumed because geographically Milton Keynes and Birmigham is not so far South, those would be the best places to travel from for Bedford. But looking online for trains using each station near Bedfore takes forever. I guess London is the best option.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and advise what the easiest way to get to Bedford by train is? I have checked the usual train sites and it looks far more complex than I would have thought, with several changes or expensive tickets. I would have thought it would be easy enough to get there from MK? I really do prefer going by train, so can anyone offer any advise on this? Thanks!

Easy Jet to Luton at only around £46 then the direct trains are plentiful from there and take around 30 mins but its just another option to consider