Mad Rush at One O'clock

snaphappy

No, I dont think it'll be a mad rush. Anyone who wanted to get virtual tickets for the popular guests next door will no doubt have bought a standard entry ticket anyway to ensure they got to meet them - I dont think anyone would risk leaving it till 1pm to meet a big guest.

I'm only meeting Borgnine at Autographica but dont expect his tickets to run out by 1pm cos of the price and I suspect the kids dont know who he is. Although I do think he'll be busy but if I do miss him there's always the next day.

Edited by nicky

He's probably the only one I see getting busier when the CM people get into Autographica, largely because he has appeared in a number of cult films and TV series. Vice versa with Lazenby at CM with Autographica punters. I'm sure there will be other cross overs but I can't see it being frantic.

I'm going into Auto first to see Joan, then having lunch and then going to CM at 1, but only to have a wander round the stalls for a few hours. I doubt there'll be a massive rush at 1- people will pay extra if they're that desperate.

What about Collins though? Not that I expect anyone to see her if they're only going through at 1pm....

I'm sure she'll be busy but bear in mind there just aren't the numbers that go to Autographica that you might get at other events. I could be wrong but I seem to remember the only guest at the Birmingham show who still had any sort of queue by the end of the afternoon was Tony Curtis and with the greatest respect to Joan Collins I would guess he would have a wider fan base than she does.

Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker will always have a steady queue as well.

I've got more items that I want both of them to sign, and if Prowse has any decent new Vader images then I might bother with another sig.

I think the point I'm making here is that those are the sort of people who may have a steady queue into the afternoon.

I reckon the Count is right on the Borgnine front, though maybe the likes of Rooney, Collins and Kennedy might hold some interest.

Edited by lukeowl

Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker will always have a steady queue as well.

I think you're missing the point of this topic - no one is danger of missing out on meeting either of them after 1pm entry.

I reckon the Count is right on the Borgnine front, though maybe the likes of Rooney, Collins and Kennedy might hold some interest.
Count? Bakula is at LFCC not CM/Autographica? Edited by nicky

Count? Bakula is at LFCC not CM/Autographica?

Count Fooku is right. He posted about Borgnine in this topic.

We have our very own Count on the forum here. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I've got more items that I want both of them to sign, and if Prowse has any decent new Vader images then I might bother with another sig.

I may be wrong but does Dave only bring Vader images as i dont remember seeing any of his Hammer monsters when i was pretty much at shows for Star Wars sigs only.......before the dark times......before THE PREQUELS!

I remember meeting Dave shortly after John Pertwees death in 96 and he was selling signed images of Pertwee as the Doctor at 15 quid each for charity that someone must have passed onto him .He still had a load left when he was finished.I bought one and with hindsight now i wish id bought the lot....to help the charity of course!

Edited by Phantom

There wasnt too much of a rush between the events. I arrived at noon into CM midlands side first, then at 1 went over to the autographica side. Only person I was interested in who was doing VT's was Ernest, everyone else, including Joan, was open que!

Managed to get everyone I wanted from both events by half 4, when I had to rush off for my train, though left my bday present in the hotel at the concierge desk in my haste and it vanished ;)