Heroes Season 3 - Episode 23 Discussion

DavidB

havent watched last night's one yet (have it burning to DVD as we speak), but the initial feedback is actually quite terrible...

even over on the Odi the episode has more "awful" votes than "Awesome"... and usually with Heroes at the odi the feedback is usually always more positive than negative... Plus on the download site I use the comments were - great quality rip, shame it;s one of the worst episodes...

So... anyone here who has seen it care to explain!? (I wont get the chance to actually watch it till after work)

i really enjoyed it, it was a flash back heavey episode. its not as fast paced as the last few have been but its building up to the last episode nicley.

it all about the history of the company and how it was founded.

i really liked it as it was all based on family and stuff and i think the young actors playing young angela and co were well cast.

it was all a bit xmen though

I enjoyed it, was one of those episodes that was needed for exposition rather than action. Some good moments though like Peter and Nathan in the cafe and 2 Daddy's and a Daughter bonding session which i thought was sweet B) and Nathan called Claire "Honey" i awwwed

Can't wait for next week though which looks interesting

I loved this episode. It wasn't big on action but it was huge on background info and storyline!! The repeating of the past and Mohinder walking in his Dad's footsteps and Nathan almost recreating the camp....brilliant.

The Petrelli family united is probably a very strong thing and I'm really looking forward to the next episode to see where it goes. :YAHOO:

It didnt move the story forward and it was pretty slow. But it did fill in some of the back story and it was mildly diverting.... but why now?? Why this close to the end?? Why slow the pacey juggernaught that was set rolling a few episodes ago!?? Weird!

Young Angela was such a cutie though! :(

Edit: Also, Sylar NEEDS to die... THIS SEASON! I think it really is needed now! :poki:

Edited by paul

i really enjoyed it, it was a flash back heavey episode. its not as fast paced as the last few have been but its building up to the last episode nicley.

it all about the history of the company and how it was founded.

i really liked it as it was all based on family and stuff and i think the young actors playing young angela and co were well cast.

it was all a bit xmen though

I agree, and I know I must be in the minority seeing as the writers said everyone complained about flashbacks and jumps to the future [hence removing Hiro's time travelling], but I really enjoy these. I like getting more information and seeing how characters were different then they are now in the past. And I love seeing futures that might never be as it allows the actors to play their parts different.

I know people complain that these episodes are pointless as this and that scenario will never happen, but they do it on Supernatural all the time with demons putting them in dreams and fake reality's etc. It's happened loads of times and really it is pointless because the Supernatural boy's are all about the hunting and they won't have a normal life, so it's a throwaway episode. But I would not give up seeing how joyful Dean was mowing the lawn for anything.

And I still enjoyed the episode even though there was no Sylar.

and Nathan called Claire "Honey" i awwwed

I was waiting for HRG to give him a dirty look, all nuh uh she's MY Claire Bear.haha

Yeah, Sylar dying would work wonders for the ratings...

I know right, Zachary Quinto is one of few actors on the show who can play a many different facited personality. Why get rid of that talent.

Hayden is great as the anxiety teen, trying to discover who she is, but she didn't fully convince me as evil future Claire.

People may not agree with the many changes of Sylar's character personality, but they can't say that he doesn't come across as believable. He can work across the whole emotional range.

The Socks reveal was sweet, when before it just seemed gross. I liked the younger versions of the charcters and the similarities between Angela and Alice and Nathan and Peter.

No wonder Angela got around with all The Company men, seeing all the attention they threw at her. :P

I hope Alice comes back, I want more interaction between her and Angela. And her ability has the potential to be one of the most powerful.

Undecided. Didn't like the casting of older Alice one bit. Young Angela looked like her, older Alice looked nothing like the young one at all... bit to big to have been living rough for 50 years!

It was a bit too copycat too for my liking. Reminded me of Lost and the Dharma houses in the past and then they were all killed off at one point. And even a bit of Desperate Housewives in there at one point!! In an ep recently, they did flashbacks and joined them together by a close up on the character's face, and moving around them into the diff time zone- and that is just what they did in this ep.

It was good to have a socks explanation, but it was a bit too much of an afterthought to me. They never planned to explain the socks, they just put that in randomly and you could tell. There could have been a good build up to this ep through out the Volume 4, but there wasn't, as with Series 1, there were the hints to the finale meet up all the way through. So much in this ep was just so random. And last week's ep- why did Suresh suddenly find out about this place after spending the whole of Series 1 going through his father's stuff- why now find out about this place and throw a hissy fit on the same day the others are there?!

Way too many plot holes for me. I know they have Bryan Fuller back, and in a way it does show. However, the attempts to pull the show back are coming across as a bit too desperate, and it is a shame that everyone else working on the show don't seem to be putting in an effort either. Series 1 is a really good series, and I'll watch my DVDs again gladly. However, it would have been best left as a stand alone the way the show is going rather than stringing it out with a long, painful death. They NEED to get some stability in there and STOP changing the plotlines every ep!! It is all over the place!!

I know right, Zachary Quinto is one of few actors on the show who can play a many different facited personality. Why get rid of that talent.

Hayden is great as the anxiety teen, trying to discover who she is, but she didn't fully convince me as evil future Claire.

People may not agree with the many changes of Sylar's character personality, but they can't say that he doesn't come across as believable. He can work across the whole emotional range.

I'm not a Peter fan, but I think to kill off either Peter or Sylar would be a huge mistake and would definitely rape the ratings.

Right now Claire is the first main character I would have no issues with being written out of the show. I've been fed up of her since sometime in volume 2, but then I still saw her purpose and importance. But now she's just... there.

Edited by Lenatalia

Just thinking about this ep again there is something I don't think we found out........... who killed everyone? In fact we don't see much of the interesting stuff - like Angela and the boys going back and finding everyone dead. I'm guessing it is them who buried the bodies. Also if they came back why didn't Alice come out of hiding as soon as she saw Angela? If they didn't go back then what the heck happened?

hmmmmmm lol

Just thinking about this ep again there is something I don't think we found out........... who killed everyone? In fact we don't see much of the interesting stuff - like Angela and the boys going back and finding everyone dead. I'm guessing it is them who buried the bodies. Also if they came back why didn't Alice come out of hiding as soon as she saw Angela? If they didn't go back then what the heck happened?

hmmmmmm lol

We won't find any of that out- plot holes, as I said. Most likely, all the guards started shooting everyone, Alice got scared and her storm killed everyone- think that's what it was hinting too. When Angela etc were in the cafe, they were all muddy to suggest they'd been digging for the bodys, but never found Alice's (As she said in the future). Yep, writers have missed out some of the best bits, but instead made us assume what happened. They'll never make any reference to Cyote Sands again or Alice, I bet. Maybe a little something for Mohnider to go crazy over, but not much else. Just seemed filler to me when it could have been more.

Hmm, well I liked how we got the background info on the company, but not a lot seemed to happen and it was a bit slow, certainly not my favourite episode.

Sylar should definately not die, he's the best thing about heroes now (but Claire shouldn't die either lol so stop saying that people!), but I think he's getting too powerful especially now he has the shape shifting ability, but it's interesting to watch.

In my defence, I never said Claire should die. She should just be written out or grow up.

Grow up then :D lol

Did anyone else notice at the end when they saw Sylar as Nathan on tv that Angela smiled as if she were impresses and maybe even proud, I bet she still wishes for a son who will do what's necessary.

I noticed :D

Did anyone else notice at the end when they saw Sylar as Nathan on tv that Angela smiled as if she were impresses and maybe even proud, I bet she still wishes for a son who will do what's necessary.

That's because your very observant. :YAHOO:

That's because your very observant. :P

I never noticed issues with Claire's hair even after it being pointed out on here several times (although I've noticed she has a fringe now) :P

I'm still having problems understaning how someone could survive in that camp for 40 years. More naive writing perhaps?

But apart from that - it was a good episode! :thumbup:

I thought I saw Alice sorting out tinned foods in her bunker when Angela was in there with her, so I guess she went out and stole food. And I'd guess they'd have shower facilities there etc.