Cosplay at Midlands

TurkFox

Hello! I'm Ruth, and I'll be in charge of the cosplay at Showmasters from now on. As you'll see below, there are many changes overall and some events happening at Midlands:

Information & Facilities

We will have lots of useful things for cosplayers available:

Workshop - Equipment for emergency cosplay repairs, and somewhere you can add the finishing touches to your costumes if you haven't quite finished it on the day.

Refreshment - Water, sweets and chairs for cosplayers, because it's very easy to get too hot in your cosplay and we've found these things to be the perfect pick-me-up!

First aid kit - Because you can guarantee the one day you don't bring plasters, you'll get loads of blisters!

Information - A directory of places to get cosplay supplies, a book of inspiration and ideas, and info on featured cosplayers for you to learn from.

Competition

There will be no masquerade this time round, but there will be a competition like the one at C14 where you have your picture taken and it is judged later. Please check out the rules as there have been many changes. You can also pre-register for the competition.

>>>RULES<<<

>>>PRE-REGISTRATION<<<

Please note that everyone in the adult category (over the age of 12) must have a reference picture, either sent with the pre-reg form or brought on the day. It must be on a separate sheet that can be taken away with the organiser to give to the judges.

Tutorials

We will be having a number of tutorials on the Saturday, and we may split them over the two days if enough people are going to be around on the Sunday. This is the provisional timetable for Saturday at the moment.

Sewing Basics - 11.10am - 11.40am

New to sewing? We'll show you the basics so you can get started on making your own costumes.

Which Cosplay? - 11.50am - 12.20pm

There are so many costumes out there to choose from, that is it often difficult to know where to start. We'll show you how to choose costumes based on your physical appearance and sewing skills.

Wig Basics - 1pm - 1.30pm

A wig can often make or break a costume - a good wig can enhance even a lower-quality costume, whereas a bad wig can bring even the most amazing costume down. We'll show you how and where to find good quality wigs, and what to do with them once you have them.

Crossplay - 2pm - 2.30pm

Cosplaying as the opposite gender from your own may seem scary at first, but with the right information it really isn't as difficult as it first seems. We'll show you things like changing your physical appearance and how to use makeup to make a huge difference.

Makeup - 2.45pm - 3.15pm

Very difficult to get right and very easy to get wrong. We'll show you the differences between photoshoot and convention makeup and how to emphasise or cover things up to enhance your cosplay overall.

Edited by TurkFox

There'll probably be limited space under the desk, first come first served I suppose. Left at your own risk, of course, because although there should be someone there at all times I can't make any guarantees.

With it being a hotel and everything there's probably a left-luggage service, but that might only be for people who're staying at the hotel.

Edited by TurkFox

Hopla hunny, if you're doin this kinda stuff at lfacc i'd be really willin to help out with stuff. Anything from makeup to wigs and stuff, sayin that i should probably get back into the swing of things first (cough out of practice cough cough. lol, sounds good tho, theres been a lack of stuff like this at events and some people my need a tad guidence myself included, so YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and good luck with runnin it hun.

:D:D:YAHOO: