HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang this morning and got the same lady as I'd spoken to last week. She found the code this time but said it was only quoting for two nights. I decided to book two nights and one at standared rate with the hope that it would get sorted. Anyway, long story short, she disappeared to consult her manager and let me book Fri, Sat and Sun at the convention rate of £72 45 :thumbup::lol:

Rang the hotel. Spent some very frustrating minutes talking in phone with someone trying to get a room from Thursday until Monday. No much luck. I did get the con rate for Friday and Saturday nights but the rates for Thursday and Sunday nights were astronomical. The rate I got for Thursday was £191 :thumbup:

So I now have a reservation for Friday and Saturday and no idea what to do with the other nights. I tried telling the person on the phone that people were reporting that they managed to get the rate for Sunday night as well. She said it was quite possible but there weren't any rooms available anymore with that rate for Sunday. I even got her to speak with her supervisor (supposedly) but the answer was still the same.

There's no way I can afford to pay almost £200 a night for the Thursday and Sunday nights so I need to come up with something else in case there aren't updates with the code so that it's possible to book a room from Thursday to Monday with the con rate.

• Showmasters Admin

It's not a 2 second fix. SM are on it and it will get fixed. Please DON'T TRY until they post here that it's been fixed. I understand that it's frustrating but until it's fixed there's not much point in trying. There are MORE than enough rooms for everyone.

To anyone that booked WITHOUT the booking code!

If you are now thinking, I won't bother changing it. Please be aware that the event has a contract to sell a certain amount of rooms, and if not sold the event has to pay for them.

By NOT booking under the event code your booking will not be included in the event room total and so could cost the show money! Money that could be spent on guests, parties and extras. Please do think about that!

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone,

Sorry you have had to wait on this but with it being Easter no one from the conference team was around at The Hilton for us to sort this out with.

I think I understand what the problem is and I shall try to explain.

Basically, The Hilton have only added the Friday and Saturday night to the promotional code and so if you try and book the Sunday night too it will just tell you that there are no rooms available on that code as they have not added the Sunday to it. That is a mistake on their part and they are now aware of that and are going to hopefully rectify it this evening.

Therefore, you will then be able to book a room at the special promotional rate using the code for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening.

If you wish to book for any nights other than those, (Thursday for example), you will not get the promotional rate for that night. You will therefore need to book Thursday night seperately and then book Fri, Sat and Sunday if required as a seperate booking using the promotional code.

I hope that makes sense. I know that it is a bit long winded but the Hilton's booking system will automatically give you the highest rate on any of the nights you have selected and so if you book Thursday as part of your stay then it will tell you all the other nights are that price too rather than just giving you Thursday at the higher rate and then reverting to the convention rate for the other nights.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope that the Sunday will be included within the bookings by this evening.

Thanks for your patience.

Take care,

Mark :(

Hi Mark,

thanks for the upate. I'm just wondering how I managed to book 3 nights with the actual con rate then ? Or maybe that does not include the breakfast ? I should maybe send them an e-mail with my registration number just to be sure that the booking went as expected.

Even when trying to book only Friday and Saturday, both the website and the people I have spoken to over the phone agree on one thing: twin beds only. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer a queen size bed. Is there any chance of communicating this to Hilton and see if there's any chance of getting queen rooms as well as twins?

Even when trying to book only Friday and Saturday, both the website and the people I have spoken to over the phone agree on one thing: twin beds only. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer a queen size bed. Is there any chance of communicating this to Hilton and see if there's any chance of getting queen rooms as well as twins?

That is odd! I booked for the Thursday night with the promotion code and got a queen!

That is odd! I booked for the Thursday night with the promotion code and got a queen!

Well I just checked again and I'm getting the same I was getting onlast Thursday: Friday and saturday, only twin rooms :-(

Well I just checked again and I'm getting the same I was getting onlast Thursday: Friday and saturday, only twin rooms :-(

It's a mystery!

I have just called the hotel to find out if we could book and was told that there were no more available in the block of rooms reserved for the con.

There are four of us and, while the website makes it look like you can actually have four people per room, they only have single rooms available for Saturday and Sunday for the con rate - none for Friday (we would have to pay full price) and none for more than one person.

Does anyone have any more information on this, because frankly, it's ridiculous. If I were showmasters, I would consider moving the con if this carries on. (and yes, I know that's exactly feasible, but still...)

Edited by Caz Malfoy

If you booked the Friday and Saturday online with the code and are adding the Sunday, don't bother trying to amend it online - it gives you all kinds of nonsense even if you enter the code. I just called them and they added the Sunday night at the con rate of 72.45, no problem at all (remarkably!!)

I have just called the hotel to find out if we could book and was told that there were no more available in the block of rooms reserved for the con.

There are four of us and, while the website makes it look like you can actually have four people per room, they only have single rooms available for Saturday and Sunday for the con rate - none for Friday (we would have to pay full price) and none for more than one person.

Does anyone have any more information on this, because frankly, it's ridiculous. If I were showmasters, I would consider moving the con if this carries on. (and yes, I know that's exactly feasible, but still...)

I just looked online and it's showing availability at the con rates for both twin AND queen rooms, though both state maximum two adults

I've managed to book all four nights at the con rate.

How did you manage that? When I've called them, they've been very adamant that the Thursday night is £191 in the same room I have for the other nights? I called them just 15 minutes ago the last time.

How did you manage that? When I've called them, they've been very adamant that the Thursday night is £191 in the same room I have for the other nights? I called them just 15 minutes ago the last time.

Well I booked the thursday night online using the code and it worked fine!

If you wish to book for any nights other than those, (Thursday for example), you will not get the promotional rate for that night. You will therefore need to book Thursday night seperately and then book Fri, Sat and Sunday if required as a seperate booking using the promotional code.

Makes you wonder exactly what's going on, seeing as that's what Mark posted earlier today! The website is allowing you to use the code for Thursday in a Queen but not twin :(

Mandie & Sean - Booked Gold passes & now

Queen room for Friday / Saturday & Sunday Night With the GHUBA code "Online"

Thank you "Jason, Mark and all at SM / ME" for sorting this lot out for us.....

:YAHOO::(:D

Edited by Boneshaker24

Well I booked the thursday night online using the code and it worked fine!

It worked for me too!

Well now I'm happy.

Thank you SM/ME :(

Edited by neurwen

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I have once again spoken with The Hilton this afternoon and we have good news! :(

I have negotiated the promotional code for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday now so you should be able to get the special rate for all those nights! :YAHOO:

I have also addressed the issue over Queens beds too. They have put some into the allocation now, although they do not have lots available.

So, finally, you should be all set to book your rooms for the event without any more problems!

I will keep an eye on the forum so if you do have problems let me know, or feel free to call me in the office on 01908 671138 and I will address them straight away.

Thanks for being so patient and I hope that all should be cool now!

Mark :D

It seems that there are only Queen beds available for Thursday night for some reason. :YAHOO:

I now have a reservation for one night in a room with a Queen bed and then another reservation for the next three nights in a Twin room.

Oh well, I guess the main thing is that I have a room :(