HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

I hate hotels, can never get a thing right.

Usually for me I book a twin room and get a double bed even though i've got assurances from them several times that it has 2 seperate beds! I really hate hotels!

However, i'm leaving my brother to book this one after Easter. :thumbup:

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually for me I book a twin room and get a double bed even though i've got assurances from them several times that it has 2 seperate beds! I really hate hotels!

However, i'm leaving my brother to book this one after Easter. :jason:

At least I manage to get the booking right!

Hey, I have a question. I'm going to the con with a friend, I'm 16, she's 17. But on the Hilton site it won't let me book unless there is one adult in the room too, who has to be at least 18. So will I just put us down as both adults? Also, as we're coming down from Scotland, my mum and dad are going with and will be staying at the hotel too, even though they won't be attending the actual con, so are they allowed to use discount code too?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, thanks.

Edited by expecto-patronum

Hey, I have a question. I'm going to the con with a friend, I'm 16, she's 17. But on the Hilton site it won't let me book unless there is one adult in the room too, who has to be at least 18. So will I just put us down as both adults? Also, as we're coming down from Scotland, my mum and dad are going with and will be staying at the hotel too, even though they won't be attending the actual con, so are they allowed to use discount code too?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, thanks.

If your parents are in the same hotel, can't you book the two rooms in their name? Then you'd be on the safe side in any case.

I think you should be okay with the parents being around, but hopefully Mark can confirm this.

Which hptel is nearby and half the price? Please tell.

id love to know too please :(

Sure, no worries (now I have mine reserved at least :WINCE:)

The Etap Birmingham airport hotel is currently £35 a room (for up to 3 people!) though Breakfast is £3.00 a go.

http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/home/index.shtml

If you look 'Birmingham airport hotel' up on google maps, the Hilton shows up in the wrong place when it shows up at all! But the Hilton is right above Pendigo Lake. As you can cut through the NEC, its all quite walkable.

I thought they block booked the hotel so they had plenty of rooms for all of us to go in.

I suspect that they booked part of the hotel, rather than all of it:

* for an 800 person convention, assuming all 800 tickets sell, when you consider people who live locally plus the amount of room sharing, you're probably not going to have attendees needing more than 500 rooms, tops, and I can't see the guests and crew taking up the other 200 rooms in the hotel.

* as far as I am aware, SM/ME have never done anything of this size with this hotel before, or even with the Hilton group. So is a hotel going to book out its entire set of rooms for a weekend to a company that it has no history with, six or seven months in advance, and turn away other potential customers for that weekend in the meantime? Not without a socking great deposit, I'd guess.

I would imagine that SM/ME have managed to block book a certain number of rooms at the convention rate, and they may have an option to extend that at a later date, if rooms are still available, and if the demand is there. And I expect that either side may have an option to reduce the size of the block booking at a later date if the demand isn't there.

However, i'm leaving my brother to book this one after Easter. :(

At least I manage to get the booking right!

We'll see. :WINCE:

Just spoke to the hilton no problems booking a room until i told them i wanted a family room . none put a side massive have only block booked doubles. price jumps to nearly £150 per night with breakfast would work out cheaper to book 2 rooms. really need some help on this though i may try again in the morning when the nice american lady isn`t on.

I also tried to book family room for fri and sat and coming up no availability,was told in a previous thread that the discount should be taken off on all rooms!!

I've had no luck online or by phone. It's like the code does not exist. Online it is saying there is no availability for the code. The woman I spoke to suggested ringing back Tuesday :uhoh:

What dates did you try to book? It seems the code does work if you try to book from Friday to Sunday but if you put some other dates there, it doesn't work anymore. I tried booking from Thursday to Monday and it doesn't allow me to do that. When I tried from Friday to Sunday, it did give me the con rate.

SM do you know if it's possible to get the con rate for other days too or is it limited only to Friday and Saturday nights? If it is so I guess I'll need to make three reservations to get my whole stay covered :)

Me too I tried to book from Thursday to Monday and it didn't work, but it worked from Friday to Sunday. If I need to make three reservations it will be very expensive (146 £ for Thursday, 72,45 £ for Friday and Saturday and 146 £ for Sunday; according to the online booking). Can we have the con rate for Thursday and Monday too, please? A lot of us have problems with their flights timetables.

Can we have the con rate for Thursday and Monday too, please? A lot of us have problems with their flights timetables.

For the past events the con rate has been available from Thursday to Monday.

Hence I think it's very likely that the rate missing for those nights is another part of the general chaos that hotel has created. But I am sure Mark will let everyone know once they have spoken with the hotel.

I tried booking online again and I'm having the same problem. If I try to book Fri/Sat nights I can get the con rate but as soon as I add in Sun, it says it's not available. Surely the con rate applies to Sun as well? And surely all the rooms can't be booked for Sun but not for Fri/Sat?? It doesn't make sense!

Hi everyone,

We have finally got the room code for booking into The Hilton for The Hub. :P

The easiest way to book a room is online by going to THE HILTON and entering the dates that you wish to stay. Once you have entered the dates the next screen will give you the option to enter a promotional code.

PLEASE ENTER : GHUBA

The rate and availability will then appear. The rate should be £72.45 which includes VAT and breakfast! :WAVE:

You then simply fill out what you want and follow the onscreen instructions! :P

You can also call the hotel and ask for reservations. You will need to give them the promotional code above and they will then be able to offer you the discounted rate over the phone too. The phone number for The Hilton Metropole is 0121 780 4242.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this code.

We look forward to seeing you all at The Hub 3 where we have some amazing things planned and it will be so nice to all be staying in the same hotel.

Mark :D

P.S. from QS:

As you see from the amount of posts there there is currently a problem with the booking code.

Update April 8, 10.35 PM:

It seems at the moment the online booking engine is working when you use the code, ad if you book Friday and Saturday night only.

If the error pops up again, please bear with us and be patient. SM are aware of the problem and will try to get it settled ASAP, but with Easter coming up any news will be posted Tuesday at the earliest.

If you manage to get through: The rate is per room and not per person. :help:

Yes, there is still a problem - it will only let me book for Friday and Saturday, and we need to stay Sunday too! Is it worth booking those days anyway and hoping we can book the Sunday later, or better to wait until the problem is ironed out before booking? Just don't want to find all the rooms have gone before I can book... won't be online again until v.late Tuesday night (possibly not until wednesday evening) as going to Cardiff Mon/Tues...

Yes, there is still a problem - it will only let me book for Friday and Saturday, and we need to stay Sunday too! Is it worth booking those days anyway and hoping we can book the Sunday later, or better to wait until the problem is ironed out before booking? Just don't want to find all the rooms have gone before I can book... won't be online again until v.late Tuesday night (possibly not until wednesday evening) as going to Cardiff Mon/Tues...

You'd still get a room, its a 800+ room hotel after all.

Just been checking online again and I can book the con rate from the Fri to the Sun. But like others I have read the Thurs and Sun night are not under con rate. I know that things need to be fixed on the code issue, but can someone tell me if the Thurs and Sun nights will come under the con rate too. Thanks.

just booked a single room for the friday, saturday and sunday that was £72 a night.

And that isnt the 'pay now no refunds' type, thats a regular booking.

I think you'll find though that's the Hilton's standard single room rate which doesn't include breakfast. The con rate is meant to include breakfast with it.

Got a room booked by calling.

Asked to speak to Ellen at Group Reservations. Apparently she doesn't deal with it - tried to forward me to America but when said that didn't work she tried another number in the hotel. Got forwarded to Sabu and after some trouble of being able to find the room but not book it managed to get the room booked for Fri, Sat & Sun night at con-rate. He seemed to be able to find the room after saying bed&breakfast.

Edited by Allieandra