HILTON HOTEL CODE for room bookings

Massive Events

Have just hung up on a fairly rude American woman who talked to me like I had some learning disability - apparently there are no rooms available on Friday or Sunday at the promotional rate, only Saturday. Allegedly, all the rooms have been booked (because obviously people are only booking Friday and Sunday :D ) and she was adamant that there are no rooms AT ALL left, they have all been sold.

This is seriously screwed up

Don't shout at me for this, but you say someone spoke to you rudely, instead of putting phone down I think you should have demanded (politely of course) to speak to someone in charge. :) Also why would con goers book just Fri/Sat rooms? It doesn't make sense.

Actually I think that's the best way to go, is people phone and demand (politely) that they get sorted. Quoting several people on this forum (myself in cluded) that have been sorted and that you know rooms are there to be booked. :)

Please no one shout at me! XD

Edited by Jewels1987

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email SM? No, I've booked the Friday and Saturday online (oh yes, you can have Friday through the web site, just not through snotty Americans), got a reservation number and plan to call them when it's sorted to add the extra night. Failing that, I'll leave on the Sunday anyway and if necessary stay elsewhere - it'll be a pain but hey, apparently all 100 block booked rooms are sold so what can you do??

*I'm not saying SM/ME have only booked 100, that's what Ms Snot Pants said, whilst speaking v-e-r-y--s-l-o-w-l-y*

Have just hung up on a fairly rude American woman who talked to me like I had some learning disability - apparently there are no rooms available on Friday or Sunday at the promotional rate, only Saturday. Allegedly, all the rooms have been booked (because obviously people are only booking Friday and Sunday :D ) and she was adamant that there are no rooms AT ALL left, they have all been sold.

This is seriously screwed up

Don't shout at me for this, but you say you spoke to someone rudely, instead of putting phone down I think you should have demanded (politely of course) to speak to someone in charge. :) Also why would con goers book just Fri/Sat rooms? It doesn't make sense.

Actually I think that's the best way to go, is people phone and demand (politely) that they get sorted. Quoting several people on this forum (myself in cluded) that have been sorted and that you know rooms are there to be booked. :)

Please no one shout at me! XD

See my new post :P

Don't shout at me for this, but you say you spoke to someone rudely, instead of putting phone down I think you should have demanded (politely of course) to speak to someone in charge. :)

No she said that someone spoke to her rudely. Which is utterly unacceptable.

I think if your call isn't answered within a certain period of time the phone is diverting to what appears to be an American call centre for the Hilton group - the American man I spoke to couldn't help at all. He said he could see it on his system but wasn't allowed to book it but he then called the hotel and I got passed to Helen or Ellen in Group Reservations and she made the booking for me.

But as this is turning into a comedy of errors stern stern words as soon as possible please Massive Events. After all if the hotel can't even get this bit right it doesn't bode well for the actual event itself.

Have just booked a single room for the Fri,Sat & Sun nights online using the code provided with no problem at all.

Rate was £72 but didn't include breakfast which isnt that big an issue.

I got that rate too when I said I was booking for only one person. It's different than the con rate.

Did it go to a page that said 'HUB FREESALE?'

Don't shout at me for this, but you say you spoke to someone rudely, instead of putting phone down I think you should have demanded (politely of course) to speak to someone in charge. :)

No she said that someone spoke to her rudely. Which is utterly unacceptable.

Yus that's what I meant! *headdesk* Sorry, I'll edit my own post to show that! Me = stupid at times! Even so still seriously, ask to speak to someone in charge, get your room sorted and complain about the person you first to. :)

Have just booked a single room for the Fri,Sat & Sun nights online using the code provided with no problem at all.

That's not actually the con rate - just their standard room only rate for single rooms. So no problem if you're booking on your own (although ouch at £72! for one person) but a problem if you're looking for a twin room or would like breakfast.

Bottom line the codes aren't working with the on-line system - its showing no availabilty.

Like I said prevously, I spoke to a nice dude, I didnt get his name as his accent was hard to understand abit.

I think its if you talk to the right people, at the right time, at the moment, then you'd most likely get the deal/s you want!

I guess its just wait for SM to come on here and see the problems people are having!

I got that rate too when I said I was booking for only one person. It's different than the con rate.

Did it go to a page that said 'HUB FREESALE?'

Yes, but am beginning to think that this wasn't right either as the original post from Massive Events said that the rate was £72.04 including breakfast

Edited by teroknor34

Yes, but am beginning to think that this wasn't right either as the original post from Massive Events said that the rate £72.04 including breakfast

You've booked a single room on the Hilton's standard room only basis - if you're not interested in breakfast and are confident that you won't cancel the booking you would be better off cancelling that rate, forgetting the convention rate and booking at the single room advance rate which is quite a bit cheaper.

The online codes only worked for Fri and Sat for me so I called them. I did speak to a woman with an American accent but she wasn't rude so mustn't have been the same one? She said that the con rates were only available for Fri and Sat and that the room on Sun would cost £102 (for a twin).

I asked if I could change to the con rate if the problem is sorted out and she said that I could, and that it can be canceled up to 24 hrs before arrival so I just booked it- I guess the way things are going I was too scared to just wait and possibly have to pay more for all three days.

Not happy at all with how it's been handled and hope that SM is working on it and will reply here soon.

ETA: my confirmation email says that the total for the stay is £217, which is at the con rate for all three nights...but in the "Comments and Requests" section, it says "COMB AVAIL 25TH RATE OR 102GBP/NIGHT" so I guess that means that the 'total' they gave just reflects my wishful thinking...

Edited by MissFlibble

Yes, but am beginning to think that this wasn't right either as the original post from Massive Events said that the rate £72.04 including breakfast

You've booked a single room on the Hilton's standard room only basis - if you're not interested in breakfast and are confident that you won't cancel the booking you would be better off cancelling that rate, forgetting the convention rate and booking at the single room advance rate which is quite a bit cheaper.

The advance rate needs to be payed now which cant afford to do at minute but may do later !!

The advance rate needs to be payed now which cant afford to do at minute but may do later !!

That's a shame - the problem with advance rates is that they tend to go up the longer you leave it.

The online codes only worked for Fri and Sat for me so I called them. I did speak to a woman with an American accent but she wasn't rude so mustn't have been the same one? She said that the con rates were only available for Fri and Sat and that the room on Sun would cost £102 (for a twin).

I asked if I could change to the con rate if the problem is sorted out and she said that I could, and that it can be canceled up to 24 hrs before arrival so I just booked it- I guess the way things are going I was too scared to just wait and possibly have to pay more for all three days.

Not happy at all with how it's been handled and hope that SM is working on it and will reply here soon.

The American call centre seems to be saying something completely different to what some of the Metropole staff are saying. I have a twin for the Sunday night at a cost of £72.

Just spoke to the hilton no problems booking a room until i told them i wanted a family room . none put a side massive have only block booked doubles. price jumps to nearly £150 per night with breakfast would work out cheaper to book 2 rooms. really need some help on this though i may try again in the morning when the nice american lady isn`t on.

The American call centre seems to be saying something completely different to what some of the Metropole staff are saying. I have a twin for the Sunday night at a cost of £72.

That is strange, but I am in the UK and called the Metropole number given in this thread. Maybe I should just keep calling and hope to win the customer service lottery?

Edited by MissFlibble

That is strange, but I am in the UK and called the Metropole number given in this thread. Maybe I should just keep calling and hope to win the customer service lottery?

I'm in the UK as well - calls are clearly tripping across to the call centre after a certain period with no response from the Metropoles switchboard. My call centre person then had to actually call the hotel and voila all was happily sorted in 3 seconds flat.

Took about 10 minutes of waiting and polite insistence though.

Am wondering if perhaps the hotel haven't implemnted the code on their computer system to deal with Sundays as well

Might explain why both booking online & by phone seems to be producing similar results

Perhaps they assume as the events finishes on Sunday we all go home !!!

Someone needs to tell them otherwise

Edited by teroknor34

think there is lack of comminatcation with workers who work there!

What number you calling, the 08XX number or the 0121 number?

Ive been calling the 0121 number, and thats how I got the Thursday to Monday con rate room!

0121 which trips to American call centre if not answered but those who are getting through on the 0121 number are being told different things as well.

I think there is lack of comminatcation with workers who work there!

What number you calling, the 08XX number or the 0121 number?

Ive been calling the 0121 number, and thats how I got the Thursday to Monday con rate room!

I used that number as well, but only got the con rate for Saturday and Sunday, with a rate of 146 pounds per night (single room, breakfast included) for Thursday and Friday nights. Very inconsistent.

used that number as well, but only got the con rate for Saturday and Sunday, with a rate of 146 pounds per night (single room, breakfast included) for Thursday and Friday nights. Very inconsistent.

Which is ridiculous as you can book a single on-line now without breakfast for the Thursday and Friday at £72 and that isn't the con rate.

I got the American call centre. Originally told it had sold out but when I asked her to check she went off and spoke to her supervisor, came back and said she could book me the three nights at con rate. I have an email confirmation which lists rate type as HUB FREESALE

Seems to be a lot of confusion.

I got the American call centre. Originally told it had sold out but when I asked her to check she went off and spoke to her supervisor, came back and said she could book me the three nights at con rate. I have an email confirmation which lists rate type as HUB FREESALE

Seems to be a lot of confusion.

That's the same thing that I managed to book but be aware it doesn't include breakfast (I think)